Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Vodafone Are Mclarens New Title Sponsor

if Red bull buys another team they have to change the name for Formula one to Formula Redbull

but i bet that Redbull probuably has the cash if they wanted

think of it, a ferrari with wings, would be funny to see

well this came as a surprise as I was expecting Vodafone to jump ship to BAR and Intel to sponsor McLaren. Instead Vodafone have gone to McLaren and Intel to BMW, these both came out of left field for me. Kudos to the sponsorship people at McLaren for such a deal. I'm presuming that there will be no title sponsor for McLaren in '06 and that this means the end of their sponsorship with Siemens from '07? Can't wait to see the livery though but I'm guessing it'll be back to red and white.

As for Ferrari, won't they still be getting cash from Phillip Morris through subliminar Marlboro sponsorship?

Why should that mean an end to the Siemens deal? I think Siemens would welcome such a deal as it would (could) lead to a closer tie between the two companies (Vodaphone and Siemens Mobile).

As for Mclaren not having a title sponsor for '06 I find it strange. They might opt for doing seperate deals, eg doing a Bejing 2008 deal when in Shanghai etc. I don't know, but they will need to fill that hole left by West somehow.

I am looking forward to the orange livery as well by the way. Nice with some change, although I will miss the silver arrow feeling of later years.

well this came as a surprise as I was expecting Vodafone to jump ship to BAR and Intel to sponsor McLaren. Instead Vodafone have gone to McLaren and Intel to BMW, these both came out of left field for me. Kudos to the sponsorship people at McLaren for such a deal. I'm presuming that there will be no title sponsor for McLaren in '06 and that this means the end of their sponsorship with Siemens from '07? Can't wait to see the livery though but I'm guessing it'll be back to red and white.

As for Ferrari, won't they still be getting cash from Phillip Morris through subliminar Marlboro sponsorship?

:drool:

...It's going to be an interesting time watching all the changes to the cars and sponsors...

:drool:

remember...I