Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

2006 Predictions

Right I know its still quite early but this will make for interesting reading after the next season to seee how way out we were!

Kaciaj started the 2005 predictions thread on the 7th of December last year, so we are actually a little later this year!

Right each member post full predictions of where the teams will finish and the Drivers! It will also be good to hear what you think certain teams will do/drivers will do next year, i.e. maiden victories, falls from grace etc.

Here is my very early predictions...

WCC

1. Mclaren Mercedes

2. Ferrari

3. Renault

4. Honda Racing F1

5. Toyota

6. Williams Cosworth

7. Red Bull Racing

8. BMW Sauber

9. Squadra Torro Rosso

10. MF1

I think all the top 5 teams will win a race this year and it will be very close between them all in terms of results. Both Renault and Honda will improve as the season goes on, Toyota and Ferrari will be the early teams to beat but as Renault, Honda and Mclaren develop their cars they will each improve dramatically by the end of the season. I also think Williams wont be that far off, and it will be very close for sixth place between BMW, RBR and Williams but Williams will get it!

WDC

1. Kimi Raikonnen

2. Michael Schumacher

3. Fernando Alonso

4. Jenson Button

5. JPM

6. Rubens Barrichello

7. Fisichella

8. Felipe Massa

9. Jarno Trulli

10. Ralf Schumacher

11. Mark Webber

12. DC

13. Nico Rosberg

14. Nick Heidfeld

15. Klein

16. JV

17. Liuzzi

18. Speed

19. Albers

20. Monteiro

Again the top 6 will each win a race and so will Trulli, Webber too will just miss out on a win at some point in the season where half the front runners retire with some random problems! Button will win 3 races and Barrichello 1. MS will win 4, as will FA and Kimi, JPM will win 2, trulli 1

very concise predictions ben! I personally think its too early to even guess who's going to be where, there's no way of telling. But if I HAD to predict, I'd say MS is going to win an 8th title.

I think Toyota are on the rise and will win a few races. Honda should be better and Jenson should really get that win he needs. Alonso is surely not going to get the same luck he got in 05 but it depends on the renault really. Apart from that, who knows!!

very concise predictions ben! I personally think its too early to even guess who's going to be where, there's no way of telling. But if I HAD to predict, I'd say MS is going to win an 8th title.

I think Toyota are on the rise and will win a few races. Honda should be better and Jenson should really get that win he needs. Alonso is surely not going to get the same luck he got in 05 but it depends on the renault really. Apart from that, who knows!!

I agree that it is too early to make any predictions, especially with the V8's and all. But Mclaren, Toyota, Ferrari, and Renault will be strong. Whoever wins is up in the air. I'm not sure about Honda yet. I think they have some unexplainable issues (could be Jenses big head) that hinders the car from performing to win races.

I agree that it is too early to make any predictions, especially with the V8's and all. But Mclaren, Toyota, Ferrari, and Renault will be strong. Whoever wins is up in the air. I'm not sure about Honda yet. I think they have some unexplainable issues (could be Jenses big head) that hinders the car from performing to win races.

Oh, no - the last thing we need on this forum is yet another Button-basher!! You'll soon learn that theres way too many already

Even though is way too soon to predict anything here are my thoughts:

1 - Mclaren

My bet is that Mercedes will be much more reliable this year and will finally give the best car to the best driver.

2 - Ferrari

La Scuderia will bounce back, Schummy is very fond of working to that, and when Schummy wants something...

3 - Renault

It will be very difficult to repeat 2005, however they will be surely on top.

4 - Toyota

In November they already showed up the 2006 car, so you can see the commitment to next season.

5 - Williams

Cozzie is very very experienced in V8

I predict that all my predictions will be correct as all my prior predictions have been. For a recent example, I predicted JV would be a BMW driver in 2006 and kept this view even though innumerable drivers were being touted incessantly as possible replacements. I knew CP

would you like to tell us your predictions then dear senna!

guys dont forget, change your predictions as testing goes on, but its interesting to see how wrong/right we all were!

here were my predictions for 2005

WDC...

1)Scumi

2)Jense

3)Kimi

4)Juan

5)Rubens

6)Webber

7)Heidfeld

8)Fernando

9)Fisi

10)Sato

11)Jarno

12)Massa

13)Ralf

14)JV

15)DC

16)Klien

17)jordan?

18)Jordan?

19)Minardi?

20)Minardi?

WCC... Ferrari, mclaren, Bar, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Sauber, Redbull, Jordam, Minardi

It's very early to predict anything with any real basis.

Teams drivers need to be sorted out and F1 teams level of support with Test / Friday drivers also would change some of my own assessments. Williams getting a experienced test driver or a pay unit ?

Will Wurz or Ant stay with their present teams ? Sato drives where if at all ?

Testing levels before the season starts is very important and could in its self put BMW-Sauber ahead by alot more than many could preceive. They could easily be doubled in staff and shift time in running their Wind tunnel and Super Comp. That level alone could produce big positive results.

Which teams run V10's ?

Strong F1 teams will remain strong unless their engines are unreliable.

Will post something more substantial after more testing has past with 2006 F1 cars used , not interim units.

yeah! take out the magic ball!

yeah! take out the magic ball!

Every prediction I have ever made has proved prophetic. If I were to make predictions on the 2006 season it would ruin the fun for you all - it would be tantamount to you watching the 2006 season review now, such is my omniscience.

so why dont you tell us your predictions :P PUSSY!

If I told you my 'predictions', you might as well not bother watching the 2006 season. There would be little point.

I cannot not watch it. I am omnipresent Ben. I am not confined to a linear existence: I perceive everything, past, present and future at once.

I cannot not watch it. I am omnipresent Ben. I am not confined to a linear existence: I perceive everything, past, present and future at once.

lottery numbers please senna!!

Why do u watch f1 if you already know whats going to happen

guys dont forget, change your predictions as testing goes on, but its interesting to see how wrong/right we all were!

here were my predictions for 2005

WDC...

1)Scumi

2)Jense

3)Kimi

4)Juan

5)Rubens

6)Webber

7)Heidfeld

8)Fernando

9)Fisi

10)Sato

11)Jarno

12)Massa

13)Ralf

14)JV

15)DC

16)Klien

17)jordan?

18)Jordan?

19)Minardi?

20)Minardi?

WCC... Ferrari, mclaren, Bar, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Sauber, Redbull, Jordam, Minardi

Ben, I don't mean to be uncharitable, but I suspect that your 2006 predictions might turn out to be no more accurate than your 2005 predictions (you placed FA 8th in the WDC and Renault 4th in the WCC).

However I very much applaud you for being transparent and posting your predictions from '05 - you're a damn decent chap, and an honest one to boot. I can genuinely say that (for the sake of loyal fans like you) I hope your man JB does get that first win this year that you've been waiting for. Even if it means losing the opportunity to constantly needle you guys about it.........

Ah. A singularity.

And kudos to Ben for posting his 2005 predictions.

Ben, I don't mean to be uncharitable, but I suspect that your 2006 predictions might turn out to be no more accurate than your 2005 predictions (you placed FA 8th in the WDC and Renault 4th in the WCC).

However I very much applaud you for being transparent and posting your predictions from '05 - you're a damn decent chap, and an honest one to boot. I can genuinely say that (for the sake of loyal fans like you) I hope your man JB does get that first win this year that you've been waiting for. Even if it means losing the opportunity to constantly needle you guys about it.........

I know how wrong was I! LOL! This time I think im probably a little more coorect but you never know! lol! and Senna you cant know what will happen this year unless your psychic(or however its spelt)

And thanks funkejay for the nice comments!

Right, I've had a think and decided that this will have to wait until after Crimbo. Except that MF1 will be last as long Super Nintendo Aguri aren't going to play.

I know how wrong was I! LOL! This time I think im probably a little more coorect but you never know! lol! and Senna you cant know what will happen this year unless your psychic(or however its spelt)

And thanks funkejay for the nice comments!

Not a problem Ben, I just call 'em as I see 'em!!