Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rock

Michelin To Pull Out In 2006

Last week the FIA announced that in 2008 there will be only one tyre supplier allowed in the sport. Today, Wednesday, Michelin announced it will quit Formula One at the end of the 2006 season as it does not want to be in Formula One as the sole tyre supplier :( sad news.

Grrr :angry: Ferrari back on top in 2007 !

Well that hands an advantage to the 2006 Bridgestone runners then. Bring back Goodyear.

Well that hands an advantage to the 2006 Bridgestone runners then. Bring back Goodyear.

Nothing in it for Goodyear....................

Last week the FIA announced that in 2008 there will be only one tyre supplier allowed in the sport. Today, Wednesday, Michelin announced it will quit Formula One at the end of the 2006 season as it does not want to be in Formula One as the sole tyre supplier :( sad news.

Grrr :angry: Ferrari back on top in 2007 !

crap! that stupid michelin have load more teams to supply then brid. Bye Bye any hope of a close 2007 :thumbdown:

Nothing in it for Goodyear....................

What I mean is that a more level playing field would be achieved if both manufacturers left the sport, and a third party came on board.

What I mean is that a more level playing field would be achieved if both manufacturers left the sport, and a third party came on board.

That would take a few years to work though. Michelin and brid are well into devlopment programs it would be hard for goodyear :eusa_think:

So that they can more easily control the tyre construction and compound.

Indeed. That would be the fairest solution. At least the new tyre will be of a different specification but the Bridgestone teams will have an undeniable advantage.

:rip: Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, Le chumps....................

:rip: Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, Le chumps....................

Yes, I doubt Michelin have many friends in America.

Yes...wasn

Yes...wasn

USA my friend...America is a good market for michelin...America is the continent.

you are probably thinking about the boycott of French things over the war in Iraq............

Ah

you are probably thinking about the boycott of French things over the war in Iraq............

Freedom fries instead of French fries :) Yah, there was a big push to boycott their goods, but most of it was sound bites for the press. I am sure the policitians still drank their French wine with dinner after declaring that they would no longer server French fries in the cafeteria, they would be called freedom fries.

Most of the request came from EMAIL, so it went everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Like I said before, the French hate the French.

There is an old joke about them fighting alongside the English.

A Frenchman askes the Englishman why they wear bright Red uniforms into battle. The proud Englishman says it is done so other soldiers will not see the blood of their fellow soldiers and continue to fight.

Taking this idea back to France, the new French uniforms are designed with brown pants..... :lol:

If you can't figure out why, logoff and sell your computer....

Taking this idea back to France, the new French uniforms are designed with brown pants..... :lol:

If you can't figure out why, logoff and sell your computer....

:blink:

Whats "logoff"?...

Hehe...nice joke...you naughty french haters!

:rolleyes:

Whats "logoff"?...

Hehe...nice joke...you naughty french haters!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I don't hate the french... I like everyone else on the planet (Except for Iraqies) just don't like them :D:D

:lol:

I don't hate the french... I like everyone else on the planet (Except for Iraqies) just don't like them :D:D

:D