Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Driver Statistics

I put drivers in order of how many Gp's they have won.

Michael Schumacher

Grand Prix entered: 232

World Championships: 7

Highest race finish: 1 (x84)

Highest grid position: 1 (x64)

Podiums: 142

For every GP he enters he scores 5.4 points

David Coulthard

Grand Prix entered: 194

World Championships: 0

Highest race finish: 1 (x13)

Highest grid position: 1 (x12)

Podiums: 60

For every GP he enters he scores 2.6 points.

Jacques Villeneuve

Grand Prix entered: 153

World Championships: 1

Highest race finish: 1 (x11)

Highest grid position: 1 (x13)

Podiums: 23

For ever GP he enters he scores 1.5 points

Rubens Barrichello

Grand Prix entered: 218

World Championships: 0

Highest race finish: 1 (x9)

Podiums: 61

For every GP he enters he scores 2.2 points

Kimi R

you should add the number of years they have been in f1, you should take give explinations for years where a driver was unable to compeat for an extended amount of time though

Good stats.

I can add my rating of above drivers (last 5 years counts)

= Driver - Success - Strength =

MS 75 42

RB 52 45

KR 51 35

FA 49 34

JPM 41 32

JB 24 24

RS 23 21

JT 19 18

DC 18 16

GF 15 12

NH 7 7

MW 5 5

TS 4 4

FM 2,5 2,5

= note = only VERY strong drivers have more Success =)

And TEAMS (note Ferrari = MS+RB, exactly)

FER 127 87

MCL 83 59

REN 72 53

WIL 57 51

BAR 28 28

TOY 14 14

SAU 8 8

JOR 6 5

=)

The following stats really stood out for me:

David Coulthard

Jacques Villeneuve

Rubens Barrichello

DC has had race winning/highly competitive machinery in 1995 at Williams, then from 1997-2003 at McLaren and only has two more wins, and staggeringly one less pole than what JV had in only two seasons of competitive machinery at Williams in 1996 and 1997 (33 races). Rubens has two less wins and the same poles as JV and has been in the best car from 2000-2004.

Whilst I acknowledge that David and Rubens have had very strong teammates in Mika and Michael, they did do a poor job given the dominance of their machinery, with Rubens even failing to win a race in 2001 when Ferrari was the class of the field by a long, long way!

In 2 seasons, JV accomplished slightly less wins than DC managed in 8 and more than Rubens won in 5.

The following stats really stood out for me:

David Coulthard

Jacques Villeneuve

Rubens Barrichello

DC has had race winning/highly competitive machinery in 1995 at Williams, then from 1997-2003 at McLaren and only has two more wins, and staggeringly one less pole than what JV had in only two seasons of competitive machinery at Williams in 1996 and 1997 (33 races). Rubens has two less wins and the same poles as JV and has been in the best car from 2000-2004.

Whilst I acknowledge that David and Rubens have had very strong teammates in Mika and Michael, they did do a poor job given the dominance of their machinery, with Rubens even failing to win a race in 2001 when Ferrari was the class of the field by a long, long way!

In 2 seasons, JV accomplished slightly less wins than DC managed in 8 and more than Rubens won in 5.

You have also got to remember that DC would have won 3 or even 4 more races if he didnt have to let Hakkinen past, and Barrichello also had to let MS past on several occasions. DC's record would be alot better if McLaren didnt play favourites.

Both were in top class machinery far longer than JV, and even allowing for the circumstances you correctly mentioned, their record wouldn't be THAT much better really.

JV's car in 96-97 was completely dominant. In 97 he only really fought for wins against MS cos Frentzen was useless. When DC had the best car in 98,99,2000, he had to first beat MS & Hakkinen. In 95 he was very new and had to beat MS & Hill to win a race. DC has scored some really impressive wins - monaco 02 stands out, so does Brazil 01 when he passed MS in the wet. JV hasnt really scored any brilliant wins

JV's car in 96-97 was completely dominant. In 97 he only really fought for wins against MS cos Frentzen was useless. When DC had the best car in 98,99,2000, he had to first beat MS & Hakkinen. In 95 he was very new and had to beat MS & Hill to win a race. DC has scored some really impressive wins - monaco 02 stands out, so does Brazil 01 when he passed MS in the wet. JV hasnt really scored any brilliant wins

I completly agree. DC has had some amazing teammates and some amazing competitors. The only year mcLaren had the best car was 1998. Every other year they havent been the best. In 1999 Irvine nearly won the championship so that shows how good the Ferrari was.

1999 Irvine nearly won the championship so that shows how good the Ferrari was.

I think it was more a case of mclaren constantly messing up which allowed irv to come so close. But you're right DC has always had top-class team-mates and most of his wins were more impressive than any of JV's

Top-3-Ever - by some seasons (+won, -lost):

(at least 1 must be in Top-3, only full seasons counts)

AP-AS = 84+ 85+ 86+ 87- 88- 89+ 90- 91- 93+ = 5+ 4-

AP-NP = 80- 81- 83- 84+ 85+ 86+ 87- 88+ 89+ 90+ = 6+ 4-

AP-NM = 83+ 84+ 85+ 86+ 87- 88+ 89+ 90+ 91- = 7+ 2-

AP-NL = 83+ 84- 85+ = 2+ 1-

AS-AP = 84- 85- 86- 87+ 88+ 89- 90+ 91+ 93- = 4+ 5-

AS-NP = 86- 87- 88+ 89+ 90+ 91+ = 4+ 2-

AS-NM = 86- 87- 88+ 89+ 90+ 91+ 92- = 4+ 3-

MS-DH = 93- 94+ 95+ 96- 97+ 98+ = 4+ 2-

MS-MH = 92+ 94+ 95+ 96+ 97+ 98- 00+ 01+ = 7+ 1-

MS-KR = 01+ 02+ 03+ 04+ 05- = 4+ 1-

MS-JPM = 5+ 0-

MS-AS = 92+ 93- = 1+ 1- (+3pts -21pts = -18pts)

MS-AP = 93- = 1-

MS-NM = 92- = 1-

Triwia-Qwiz: IF AS was born 5 years later (in 1965) what could be EVER results of AP and MS ?.. even if AS "died" in 94+5 = 99 ...

Answer (imho) Prost - more records, Senna - more records, Schum - LESS ...

I agree.

As I said, I acknowledged that JV had the weaker teammates. JV's car was utterly dominant in 1996 only. In 1997 it was for the first half, but due to a lack of development since Newey had left, the McLaren was the best car by the end of the year. In 1997, there was more competition than in 1998. In 1997, Williams won 8 races (JV 7, HHF 1), Ferrari 5 (M$), Benetton 1 and McLaren with 3 (DC 2, MH 1).

In 1998, only McLaren and Ferrari won races and DC was smashed by Mika. They both had the same car and Mika did a much better job. Yet in a car which was more dominant that JV's 1997 Williams, Mika too almost lost the title to Michael in the last race.

No brilliant win?? What rubbish.

Nurburgring '96 - held off Michael and was under strong pressure in only his fourth race on an unfamiliar track to win his first race.

Estoril '96 - made a bad start to drop to P4 behind Hill, Alesi and Michael. Passed Michael around the outside of Parabolica (he did the impossible basically) and then proceeded to chase down Hill's 20 second lead and win the race.

Barcelona '97 - Goodyear runners had major blistering problems. JV held a steady pace at the start of each stint to keep tyres in condition then demolished everyone. Michael and Frentzen suffered massive blisters.

A1-Ring '97 - On a 1 stop strategy hence was fat with fuel at the start. Got passed by Jarno and Rubens but then passed Rubens and set off a string of fast laps to win the race.

In 1998, only McLaren and Ferrari won races and DC was smashed by Mika. They both had the same car and Mika did a much better job. Yet in a car which was more dominant that JV's 1997 Williams, Mika too almost lost the title to Michael in the last race.

DC beat Mika in both 1997 and 2001. Also over the years DC has had alot of reliablity problems, alot more than his teammate.

Yeah I know he beat him then, but the McLaren wasn't a title challenging car in those years. When the McLaren was, Mika smashed him.

Yeah I know he beat him then, but the McLaren wasn't a title challenging car in those years. When the McLaren was, Mika smashed him.

Just bad luck. If DC did better than Mika in 1998 instead of 1997 then DC would have won. In 1999 he might have beat Mika but DC suffered horrible reliability problems which prevented him from contesting for the title.

Just bad luck. If DC did better than Mika in 1998 instead of 1997 then DC would have won. In 1999 he might have beat Mika but DC suffered horrible reliability problems which prevented him from contesting for the title.

Reliability was always a big problem at Mclaren in rescent years....one driver gains and other suffers.....same thing happened with renault this year...!!!!

Bad luck?? DC only won 1 race in 1998, Mika won 8 I believe. That's exactly my point. DC did better in 1997, but when delivered the car to challenge for the title, Mika found something extra and DC didn't. That's the difference between World Champions and mere race winners. In 1999, both McLaren's were hampered by reliability problems.