Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Driver Statistics

Yea even I admit it was a lot more than just bad luck, although in 98 DC was on his way to win in canda and monza and both races his engine blew. In 99 he had similar problems, although he could've won nurburgring had he not slid off in the wet. In both years he was generally behind Hakkinen who was almost unbeatable in qualifying. In 2000 it was a lot closer, DC scored some brilliant wins, and in 01 he was brilliant pretty much every race. Unluckily for him he got an amazing pole at monaco but then got a grid penalty, and the same thing happened at barcelona. In 02 the car wasnt a title contender and by 03 it seemed DC was losing it a bit, even more so in 04. Which is why I'm very glad to see him now happy at RBR!!

DC retired 7 times in 1999 compared to Mika's 4 retirements.

Mika made it very difficult for himself by crashing out at imola and monza. I remember jumping with joy when his tire blew at hockenheim!!

Mika made it very difficult for himself by crashing out at imola and monza. I remember jumping with joy when his tire blew at hockenheim!!

I remember that. I remember Ron Dennis wasnt happy that Bridgestone supplied them with a defective tyre. Also DC has had terrible luck in regard to reliability over the years. He always seemed to get more mechanical failures than his teammates. People seem to forget that DC has won 13 races and even though he has been in a top car for most of his career he has only been in the best car on the grid once (in 1998). Every other year McLaren have either been second best or worse.

I remember that. I remember Ron Dennis wasnt happy that Bridgestone supplied them with a defective tyre. Also DC has had terrible luck in regard to reliability over the years. He always seemed to get more mechanical failures than his teammates. People seem to forget that DC has won 13 races and even though he has been in a top car for most of his career he has only been in the best car on the grid once (in 1998). Every other year McLaren have either been second best or worse.

But his team-mate won 2 world titles! DC also had the best car in 95, but had the large obstacle of beating Hill and Schumacher

But his team-mate won 2 world titles! DC also had the best car in 95, but had the large obstacle of beating Hill and Schumacher

In 1995 he was still a rookie, in 1998 he had a bad season (which every driver has) and in 1999 his car wasnt reliable at all. No matter how good the driver is they still cant win a championship if their car fails nearly half the time.

The Benetton was the best car in '95. Furthermore, DC was in his first full season and his team-mate was Damon Hill. Although Damon was visibly still suffering from the psychological scars inflicted at Adelaide the previous year - this is evident in his many run-ins with Schumacher - he was still a very good driver.

The Benetton was the best car in '95. Furthermore, DC was in his first full season and his team-mate was Damon Hill. Although Damon was visibly still suffering from the psychological scars inflicted at Adelaide the previous year - this is evident in his many run-ins with Schumacher - he was still a very good driver.

what "psychological scar" rubbish are u talking about

a professional has to put the past behind and concentrate on the task at hand

what "psychological scar" rubbish are u talking about

a professional has to put the past behind and concentrate on the task at hand

Adelaide 1994 was before your time. Psychological scars are not

dont misinterpret my words,psychological scars are not " rubbish".making an excuse out of it

by his fans certainly is,

and dont go on this "age guessing spree"

you mention to every one who argues with u "THAT WAS BEFOR EUR TIME"

search for a better excuse

Your first comment is unintelligible. Psychological factors, as I have shown, are of immense importance and have motivated many drivers throughout F1. Psychological factors provide a good reason for loss of form as well. A prime example is Damon Hill in 1995. You were wrong to describe them as

Your first comment is unintelligible. Psychological factors, as I have shown, are of immense importance and have motivated many drivers throughout F1. Psychological factors provide a good reason for loss of form as well. A prime example is Damon Hill in 1995. You were wrong to describe them as

:nono1::nono1:

if me "kidding" with a newcomer in the forum gives u any indication about my age then ......

need i say more

You could be over 75 but you can

both of us know that you were not talking about my "biological" age but the no of years i have

been following f1

but u divert the thread ,purely bcoz u bit more than u could chew and i rightly pointed out that u always come up with "THAT WAS BEFORE YOUR TIME" when any body argues and u run out of excuses

I have just explained how it is impossible for you to have watched F1 before 2002. Thus you can

Also DC has had terrible luck in regard to reliability over the years. He always seemed to get more mechanical failures than his teammates.
It must have been the way he drove. ;):lol:
Psychological factors, as I have shown, are of immense importance and have motivated many drivers throughout F1. Psychological factors provide a good reason for loss of form as well

Some races are lost before the driver has even strapped himself in. Psychological factors play a significant role in the performance of a driver I believe.

Some races are lost before the driver has even strapped himself in. Psychological factors play a significant role in the performance of a driver I believe.

I agree many a driver has lost the race in the motorhome.

Indeed.

I agree many a driver has lost the race in the motorhome.

And ive even heard of a driver having lost a race before exiting McDonalds Drive Thru..screaming at attendants and ramming cars from behind because he was one McNugget short in his 20pack...

J P M

And ive even heard of a driver having lost a race before exiting McDonalds Drive Thru..screaming at attendants and ramming cars from behind because he was one McNugget short in his 20pack...JPM

And ive even heard of a driver having lost a race before exiting McDonalds Drive Thru..screaming at attendants and ramming cars from behind because he was one McNugget short in his 20pack...

J P M

And not getting his prize in the happy meal

In 1995 he was still a rookie, in 1998 he had a bad season (which every driver has) and in 1999 his car wasnt reliable at all. No matter how good the driver is they still cant win a championship if their car fails nearly half the time.

1998 was sure a good year for DC to have a bad season as the McLaren was dynamite that season and was by far the best car on the grid. DC lost his bottle I suspect knowing he had the best car but also having a team mate who was clearly faster than him.

You can't keep using car failures or reliability issues to defend Coulthard... At the end of the day, he was a good driver but he didn't take the next step that was taken by Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell.

:D "Results" Niki Lauda

J P M

Quite so jimmy. I can offer coroboration of your story from my own experience of attending the British GP. Since 2001 there have been considerable food shortages, especially burgers - much to JPM's annoyance I'm sure as we all know he likes them. I wonder who's responsible.