Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Super Aguri To Get An Entry

Super Aguri to get an entry

Our spies tell us that a deal has been struck to allow Super Aguri F1 to get its entry in the World Championship. There are no details of the deal but clearly pressure has been applied (one might say pressure and/or enticement) to MF1 Racing, which was not keen to sign. There will also have been pressure on Honda from a political point of view to get an agreement through. In the fullness of time we will no doubt see the fall-out of the negotiations that have been going on but it seems that Super Aguri will be on the grid in Bahrain although the team is likely to be firmly at the rear as it intends to go into the new season using revamped 2002 chassis, built by Arrows. In order for these to meet the current crash-test regulations they will have to be beefed up and so in addition to being out of date will also be overweight. However the intention is for the team to introduce its own chassis at the start of the European season. this is still going to be an enormous challenge but much work has already been done to transform Leafield back into a F1 facility and to get the project moving. Many of the people involved worked at Arrows, notably project coordinator Daniele Audetto, technical leader Mark Preston, designer Paul Bowen and managers Kevin Lee, Wayne Humphries and Mick Ainsley-Cowlishaw. The team already has more than 60 people working plus 50 engineers at Honda R&D in Japan.

big news day today.

looks like saf1 will be on the grid in 2006. overweight, and using 2002 arrows chassis. they will be appalingly slow, but i'm glad the team will make it onto the grid.

now, for teh driver announcements. i predict davidson and sato.

It'll be like Lola all over again. God, how depressing. How in hell are they going to come up with a new chassis in such a short time? A modified Arrows A24? This doesn't bode well.

BTW, I am in favour of more teams on the grid, but not like this.

yes, it's not going to be pretty for the first away legs...i'm also concerned at the speed at which they'll have to produce their european chassis. i think they should've waited until 2007, or the fia allowed them to purchase some newer chassis. the old minardis even.

however, with sato & possibly davidson on the grid again i look forward to seeing how they do. but bloody hell it's gonna be a rush, seeing that almost all the other teams are into their testing programs.

This is great news, we're going to have a 22-car grid again. More drama and more to talk about. Also means Davidson should finally get a race seat, and we may see some more entertaining sato moments

This is great news, we're going to have a 22-car grid again. More drama and more to talk about. Also means Davidson should finally get a race seat, and we may see some more entertaining sato moments

It is reported that Davidson

omg, Sato is back. i have a very strong dislike for him. I am a Schumi fan and this season has been just horrible between the two of them. now instead of raming him from behinde cuse sato doesnt know how to brake he will just be so slow that people will just run into him

SAF1 will be a spectacle in 2006 alright. A crude car with a Honda rocket attached to it, coupled with a kamikaze driver is a recipe for disaster.

Senna is totally right, Davidson should avoid them like the plague in 2006.

God, how I hate Sato, he's like this troll in a box that just keeps popping up when you think he is gone.

It'll be like Lola all over again. God, how depressing. How in hell are they going to come up with a new chassis in such a short time? A modified Arrows A24? This doesn't bode well.

BTW, I am in favour of more teams on the grid, but not like this.

I for one can't wait for DR to enter as Prodrive F1 - oh the disaster will be sublime in its utter failure......

God, how I hate Sato, he's like this troll in a box that just keeps popping up when you think he is gone.

come on sato is bad but he's not THAT bad, he hit MS & Trulli in 05 but thats about it. Plus he's a very friendly guy

I for one can't wait for DR to enter as Prodrive F1 - oh the disaster will be sublime in its utter failure......

I'd love to join you in the hilarity, but the sad fact is that the guy has a habit of succeeding.........by hook or by crook.......

come on sato is bad but he's not THAT bad, he hit MS & Trulli in 05 but thats about it. Plus he's a very friendly guy

That may be, but I don't follow F1 because im into friendly people.

Remember they are planning on introducing a new chassis at the start of the European season, they are already nodoubt designing it, and will also get R&D help from Honda's design teams. Toyota and MacLaren have both redeisgned their cars quickly in the past, so SAF1 should be capable of getting a Midland beater by San Marino!

Sato makes sense from a sponsorship position. I would like to see Davidson race, although I think Karthekeyan could end up in the second SAF1!

the reason i hate sato is because every time ms was doing decent he rear ended him cuse he doesnt know how to operait a brake pedale

and not like it only happened once, sato crashed into MS like4 times this year

Infact i think the FIA should ban him from paticipating in formula 1!

That has been my stance for quite some time

To me these are good news. As I said before, this is truly an old school entry... :)

In the sense that the cars Super Aguri have bought were first used when you were at school?

Oh my God. Why, why oh, why would a team want to enter with a 4 year old chassis and be the laughing stock of the grid in 2006?

Are all Japanese men so stupid? Sato will be write off a chassis in every single GP next year if it gets confirmed. :rolleyes:

...Sato will be write off a chassis in every single GP next year if it gets confirmed...

They dont have so many! :blink:

good, so he only gets a few starts

i wouldnt be against this as much as i am now if they had a driver who could actually pilot a car

Infact i think the FIA should ban him from paticipating in formula 1!

Indeed.

Can F1 or the FIA deny him to race?? or take away his "super-licence"

I've seen it happening in other series so it should be allowed in F1

It's not that I have anything agains Sato, it's just that he is dangerous to other drivers, to the fans and to himself

P.S.

Ban NK too