Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Super Aguri To Get An Entry

Super Aguri gets 10 signatures

As we exclusively reported two days ago, Super Aguri F1 has managed to secure the necessary 10 signatures from the other Formula 1 teams which will allow the team to compete in the 2006 World Championship. The team will now apply to the F1.

"I am very happy to be able to announce that all 10 F1 teams have approved our late entry to the Formula 1 World Championship," said Aguri Suzuki. "I would like to thank all of the teams for approving our late entry and assure them that the Super Aguri F1 team will cooperate and do our best to reach your expectations. We appreciate your support and we will not let you down."

The team is currently working around the clock at Leafield to prepare for the new season.

"We do not expect to be on the pace straight away," says managing director Daniele Audetto, "and we will use the first GPs to train the team before our definitive car reaches the track."

it's official. :lol: at stating the obvious

Minardi had a pretty good chassis I think design-wise, but not the engine or funds.

Not True. The Minardi engine was pritty good. It often managed to get both drivers in the top 10 in speed down the main straight of most tracks. Ive also heard that the Minardi chassis was good but Minadi didnt have enough money to develop it properly. As far as i can tell the only team that had a really bad engine was Williams, Williams had a good chassis but a engine which was often 15 kph slower in a straight line.

ecapdeville PLEASE I beg you don't side with these idiots, its bad enough that Senna, Ben, and many others seriously seem to think sato's driving can cause death. ITS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, sato has never caused anyone to get hurt! he's slow and not very good at overtaking thats all

:blink:

being fast and good at overtaking is what every racer should be good at!!! at least!!

He destroyed a priceless Lotus in a historic GP the week before Monaco 2002, and he's caused hurt to Eddie Jordan in terms of finances, remember Malaysia, when he crashed into his teammate?

6767.jpg

_1877634_sato300.jpg

That doesnt mean he's dangerous tho does it

One is neither amused or pleased! I hope they fail miserably! They are making a joke out of F1 and why the teams would allow this team into the sport is beyond me! Disgraceful!

One is neither amused or pleased! I hope they fail miserably! They are making a joke out of F1 and why the teams would allow this team into the sport is beyond me! Disgraceful!

Give me a decent reason why they shouldnt be allowed into the sport. And PLEASE don't say "they're dangerous" cos thats rubbish!

Because

1. They are bringing TS back into the sport!

2. Cos they are a joke and yes, having 4 year old cars is a bit dangerous, dont you think?

3. They should not have been so desperate to get in now and should have waited a year in developing a car etc!

Dont get me wrong, im all for new teams and larger grids, just not when a new team is put together like SA and organised like SA! Its a disaster waiting to happen!

Because

1. They are bringing TS back into the sport!

2. Cos they are a joke and yes, having 4 year old cars is a bit dangerous, dont you think?

3. They should not have been so desperate to get in now and should have waited a year in developing a car etc!

1. TS has been in f1 since 02. He collides with people sometimes. SO? Its entertainment, although you seem to prefer not to want any!

2. They're using old chassis - this has been done before. The cars will have to pass strict tests to ensure they're safe. Saefty is not an issue here

3. Who cares if they're not competitive? Its a bigger grid, surely you want that??

Dont get me wrong, im all for new teams and larger grids, just not when a new team is put together like SA and organised like SA! Its a disaster waiting to happen!

what disaster???

1. TS has been in f1 since 02. He collides with people sometimes. SO? Its entertainment, although you seem to prefer not to want any!

2. They're using old chassis - this has been done before. The cars will have to pass strict tests to ensure they're safe. Saefty is not an issue here

3. Who cares if they're not competitive? Its a bigger grid, surely you want that??

what disaster???

If your idea of entertainment is crashing into people then you clearly watch f1 for the wrong reasons!

If your idea of entertainment is crashing into people then you clearly watch f1 for the wrong reasons!

its not why I watch f1. But you saying sato will probably cause loss of life is one of the most ridiculous unjustsified comments I've ever read on this forum!! You've got NO basis on which to make such a ludicrous statement!

Ben what you're saying just doesnt make sense, I dont even think you know what you're trying to say. If you're saying sato is dangerous, please explain why?? Accidents happen in f1. There are big accidents every year. Sato should only be banned from f1 if he was deliberately driving into people, which he isnt. You say you're all for bigger grids but you also say its disgraceful that SAF1 are allowed into f1, without giving a good reason

Ben what you're saying just doesnt make sense, I dont even think you know what you're trying to say. If you're saying sato is dangerous, please explain why?? Accidents happen in f1. There are big accidents every year. Sato should only be banned from f1 if he was deliberately driving into people, which he isnt. You say you're all for bigger grids but you also say its disgraceful that SAF1 are allowed into f1, without giving a good reason

You are right, he is not driving deliberately into people, but still, they hould reconsider his super licence after some of the things he has done. Although, I think most drivers should be prone for a review at some stage or another, let say after their first year. This to ensure that they are the real deal, or posess the skills and mentality necessary to be on the grid.

Im all for SAF1, but again, if they are not running cars that are new enough (Arrow chassis) they should be forced to wait until they can produce a reasonable machine. Passing a crash test does not mean that they will be able to be near as fast enough to validate an entry. There is no point showing up and lapping 7 secs slower than the front runners.

There is no point showing up and lapping 7 secs slower than the front runners.

Thats their problem. At least there will be 22 cars again - that can only be a good thing. More cars on track, more action, more to talk and think about

Thats their problem. At least there will be 22 cars again - that can only be a good thing. More cars on track, more action, more to talk and think about

No, that becomes everyones else's problem. For a frontrunner having to lap the same car 5 times in a race means that those backmarkers will play too big a role i the outcome of such a race. How many times have'nt the backmarkers mesed up a race? And if you have a stubborn b#####d like Takuma behind the wheel it just spells disaster.

Im all for SAF1, but again, if they are not running cars that are new enough (Arrow chassis) they should be forced to wait until they can produce a reasonable machine. Passing a crash test does not mean that they will be able to be near as fast enough to validate an entry. There is no point showing up and lapping 7 secs slower than the front runners.

Good post. I'm not sure, though, whether they intend to run modified A23s or if they intend to build the stillborn A24 which at least is one year less out of date.

No, that becomes everyones else's problem. For a frontrunner having to lap the same car 5 times in a race means that those backmarkers will play too big a role i the outcome of such a race. How many times have'nt the backmarkers mesed up a race? And if you have a stubborn b#####d like Takuma behind the wheel it just spells disaster.

Taku had a slow car in 02 and didnt cause problems to anyone when being lapped. Backmarkers only play a big role when they crash with frontrunners - this has never happened to sato. The only recent examples of this are Pizzonia JPM at spa, Monteiro JPM at Turkey, and Verstappen JPM at brazil 01. Hey I've just realised they always involve JPM! Theres no reason to think that just cos they're slow they're gona cause problems to leaders lapping them

Taku had a slow car in 02 and didnt cause problems to anyone when being lapped. Backmarkers only play a big role when they crash with frontrunners - this has never happened to sato. The only recent examples of this are Pizzonia JPM at spa, Monteiro JPM at Turkey, and Verstappen JPM at brazil 01. Hey I've just realised they always involve JPM! Theres no reason to think that just cos they're slow they're gona cause problems to leaders lapping them

Have'nt you ever seen a close battle for the lead being broken up due to the overtaking of backmarkers? It virtually happends every second race, and it just ruins the whole thing.

Have'nt you ever seen a close battle for the lead being broken up due to the overtaking of backmarkers? It virtually happends every second race, and it just ruins the whole thing.

Hardly. I have seen some amazing overtaking maneuvers when 2 fast cars reach a backmarker. Also, it test the skill of the drivers in faster cars, if they are good at overtaking backmarkers then they will gain several seconds but if they cant manage to overtake a car that is slower than theirs and letting them past then they will loose several seconds. Only bad drivers have trouble with backmarkers.

Ruins the whole thing? How?? Did you see Hakkinen's pass on MS at spa 2000? It was the overtake of the season and involved a backmarker!