Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Newey Vs Byrne

Yes Senna, for sure....but, I guess, according to list of Amazing Drivers......Newey had much more great driver lineup than Byrne.... :eusa_think:

Yes Senna, for sure....but, I guess, according to list of Amazing Drivers......Newey had much more great driver lineup than Byrne.... :eusa_think:

Firstly, I should explain that I started this topic because of this post.

Adrian Newey the best designer? Haven't you forgotten Rory Byrne? The championship winning cars from 2000-2004, as well as 1994 and 1995?

Regarding your comment Parag, Newey has had a greater number of superlative drivers that is true.

Nigel Mansell

Byrne had designed a race winning car before Newey did, Nannini in 1989 at Japan, dont start with political aspects.

Byrne had designed a race winning car before Newey did, Nannini in 1989 at Japan, dont start with political aspects.

Newey only joined March in 1988. His first win came in Mexico 1991 (with Patrese at Williams). Byrne joined Toleman in 1981. His first win came in Mexico 1986 (with Berger at Benetton).

Newey only joined March in 1988. His first win came in Mexico 1991 (with Patrese at Williams). Byrne joined Toleman in 1981. His first win came in Mexico 1986 (with Berger at Benetton).

You missing WCC and WDC btw ;)

explain.

He's talking about how many driver's and constructor's world championships they have both helped to win. That would be interesting...

She's talking about how many driver's and constructor's world championships they have both helped to win. That would be interesting...

SHE? :wacko:

Apologies I am half awake today.

Like Schumacher all the season!!! :D

Newey - 6 WDC (4 with Williams / 2with McLaren) and 6 WCC (5 with Williams / 1 with McLaren)

Byrne - *7 WDC (2 with Benetton / 5 with Ferrari) and *7 WCC (1 with Benetton / 6 with Ferrari)

* every championship won in a Byrne designed car was achieved with MS driving.

Although the raw numbers seem to favor Newey, the end results (Championships) would seem to favor Byrne (though in fairness, Newey proved it was possible with a number of different drivers - whereas Byrne has never done it without the assistance of the 7 times WDC). Nevertheless, a pretty close match up between the two if you ask me......

I knew Byrne has the majority in that respect... probably why that information wasn't added originally but lets not get into that.

Didn't know that Byrne had designed that car. mere technicality I overlooked.

All of MS's wins have been in cars designed by Byrne, no other designer can make that claim I think about any designer.

I knew Byrne has the majority in that respect... probably why that information wasn't added originally but lets not get into that.

I did not deliberately omit that information, I simply didn

I only hope Newey can design a amazing car for Red Bull. I would love to see DC win again.

He may have arrived too late for DC but we shall see

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...........

Indeed, Monza indeed.............

Newey was at his best in statistics at end of 1999 i suppose, after wins but no championship. Byrne had 94-95 series, and then 2000-2004 series. Atm if both were available and motivated to work i would not be so certain which to choose. This year Mclaren was great, but it pales compared to F2004 (2005 was not Byrne's and neither was 2004 first part Mclaren that was worse than F2005 even probably) :P Furtheron both his Williams and Mclaren 1998-1999 at least were far superior in engines compared to Byrne machinery i believe.

If i could choose both of them at their best i would go with Byrne, if at current form then Newey as he is far more motivated atm i believe.