Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Alonso Follows Greats At Mclaren

Ya, ya.....

but, at the ned of next year, Juan and Kimi will left will only one race seat....and one of them will loose it..unless Kimi has signed a contract already.....!!!

If it is not...then, Juan might be knowing that he is the second choice for Mclaren over Kimi....and Mclaren will be hoping to save services from Kimi...and thus sidelining Juan......!!!

History repeats.......Coulthard did the same thing a year back...and now, it will be a turn from Montoya !!!

So sad.......but, sure, he will be looking somewhere else.....if Kimi doesn't move....

I agree, but I think that if Kimi leaves for Ferrari, JPM won't mind how he gets the drive. I think McLaren would prefer Kimi over JPM, but it's up to JPM to show McLaren he is worthy of a seat with them. If JPM is dumped from McLaren, I think he'll have a shot at JV's seat at BMW if JV doesn't deliver, he may even try to secure Alonso's Renault seat.

he may even try to secure Alonso's Renault seat.

If Renault remains there in F1 beyond 2006 as car maker....than just engine provider !!!

Ron Denis only reason for signing FA is to keep him away from the grasp of Ferrari. That was his reasoning also when he signed-up JPM. No he has three in the stable and runs a risk of loosing two (Kimi & JPM). He should have pursued Kimi's signature more vigorously before signing FA, now all he has done is told him he can do whatever he likes (and he will). Message to JPM is - you can never be favourite at Maclaren (so stick around and play a DC role if you like!).

Very poor management from Ron, maybe he has been around too long!

Ron Denis only reason for signing FA is to keep him away from the grasp of Ferrari. That was his reasoning also when he signed-up JPM. No he has three in the stable and runs a risk of loosing two (Kimi & JPM). He should have pursued Kimi's signature more vigorously before signing FA, now all he has done is told him he can do whatever he likes (and he will). Message to JPM is - you can never be favourite at Maclaren (so stick around and play a DC role if you like!).

Ja, but, it is either way good for team Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes :P

He does not risk losing JPM if Kimi does not re-sign. JPM is not playing second fiddle to KR now, and he won't do that to FA either.

And Lauda saying signing FA is a mistake is just rediculous. I can't see that hamper the motivation at Renault, rather the opposite, they would probably want to show FA he made a mistake by working their arses off. And why should signing FA be a motivational dampner at Mclaren? No way, a driver does not throw away a season at a top team, even less so if he has to impress for a future employer.

Kimi wants to be WDC, no matter what. If Mclaren brings him the title, or close in 2006, and they look to be one of the top contenders is 2007 as well, there is just no way he will sign with another team.

Didn't Gilles start his F1 career at the wheel of a McLaren?? I think James Hunt got him a drive.

No. He and Ron Dennis were negotiating his price on a chalk board on how much he was going to get paid. Ron but 2 on the board, for 2 million, Gilles put 3 up. When Ron put 2 back up, Gilles left.

So how come he drove a McLaren on his debut at silverstone? And since when was Ron in charge of McLaren in '77? Thought it was Teddy Mayer. Actually, I know it was.

Research, my boy, research.......

Correct monza. Gilles raced for McLaren at Silverstone in 1977 in a non-championship race I believe. He was recommended to the team by James Hunt after Gilles demolished the field in a Formula Atlantic race at Trois Rivieres in 1976. The contract negotiations AR5 was talking about happened a few months before Gilles died I think. There were many rumours that he would be off to McLaren as he had become suspect of Pironi.

Correct monza. Gilles raced for McLaren at Silverstone in 1977 in a non-championship race I believe. He was recommended to the team by James Hunt after Gilles demolished the field in a Formula Atlantic race at Trois Rivieres in 1976. The contract negotiations AR5 was talking about happened a few months before Gilles died I think. There were many rumours that he would be off to McLaren as he had become suspect of Pironi.

Under "stabbed in the back" Pironi's pic is shown...............

Under "stabbed in the back" Pironi's pic is shown...............

Lets bury the hatchet...

Sorry, aim was a bit off, sorry about the big puncture wound in your back...