Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

One Of The Most Biased Things I've Ever Read...

Yesterday on F1 Central I read an article they had up about BMW and JV. The title of the article was tweaked and edited to make it appear BMW were not going to be supporting JV at all and were going to through all their support behind NH. What they infact had done was "edit" an interview Mario had given recently to promote their skewed biased thinking. They took words out of context and manipulated the whole thing to portray BMW & Mario as one team and JV as the ugly stepchild who was going to be given no backing at all. Today I visit their website and low and behold the article is missing. However in it's place is virtually the same article with a new title "Villeneuve to improve" instead of their previous one "Jv Not 'favoured' Driver, Says BMW Boss".

In the space of one day, we went from this:

Jv Not 'favoured' Driver, Says BMW Boss

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...-boss/view.html

to this:

Villeneuve to improve

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...prove/view.html

Obviously some editor either got a kick up the a## or a phone call from a lawyer and a change was made to this article.

Myself and countless other JV supporters have put up with this media bulls##t for years. Enough is enough. F1 Central are phonies and should have their press credentials and other such things removed.

Yesterday on F1 Central I read an article they had up about BMW and JV. The title of the article was tweaked and edited to make it appear BMW were not going to be supporting JV at all and were going to through all their support behind NH. What they infact had done was "edit" an interview Mario had given recently to promote their skewed biased thinking. They took words out of context and manipulated the whole thing to portray BMW & Mario as one team and JV as the ugly stepchild who was going to be given no backing at all. Today I visit their website and low and behold the article is missing. However in it's place is virtually the same article with a new title "Villeneuve to improve" instead of their previous one "Jv Not 'favoured' Driver, Says BMW Boss".

In the space of one day, we went from this:

Jv Not 'favoured' Driver, Says BMW Boss

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...-boss/view.html

to this:

Villeneuve to improve

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...prove/view.html

Obviously some editor either got a kick up the a## or a phone call from a lawyer and a change was made to this article.

Myself and countless other JV supporters have put up with this media bulls##t for years. Enough is enough. F1 Central are phonies and should have their press credentials and other such things removed.

I could not agree with you more.....!

I too have become fed up with the manner in which these websites create their own stories within a true story. Is there not some sort of ombudsmen or complaint center that can deal with these idiots as it has gotten out of control!

Gisgusting behavior by alot of them..... they think we are stupid and will not be able to find the real story links.... amazingly, they are allowed to continue day in day out!

Too bad!

Proudly Canadian

Media has to sensationalize anything to catch the eye of the readers.

Some time they go too far.

Many readers don't differentiate news from opinion and often confuse one for the other. Since the line between news and opinion is blurred, credibility of the media is never verified. This is an advantage for the media and allows them to be unaccountable.

Many readers don't differentiate news from opinion and often confuse one for the other. Since the line between news and opinion is blurred, credibility of the media is never verified. This is an advantage for the media and allows them to be unaccountable.

Very well said, Vas.

I noticed this myself, but held off posting as I have gone down this road a couple of times over the press and JV. I am glad this example was brought forward, as it illustrates perfectly what JV and his fans have to endure. By taking things out of context and only posting partial quotes the writer was able to turn a positive story into a negative headline. I am glad to see others making this an issue as well. This kind of article does nothing to enlighten the F1 fan, and is actually an orchestrated attempt to mislead. That to me is very sad, and another shining example of the character assassination that goes on surrounding Villenueve.

It strengthens my support of the guy. I hope the veteran still has a couple of good years left in him, so he can make these maggots eat the crap they go out of their way to write.

There, that feels better :D:D

Here's a post i made at another f1 site regarding media bias that supports this treads topic:

I have to admit that i am one of those who based on reading the british journalist accounts of jacques over the years, believe that they stab him in the back at every opportunity. And sadly there has been a feeding frency by them in recent years due to jacques situation. It's been ugly!

Well here is solid proof of a typical f1 news info site (in this case French owned but I'm sure employs british journalists) that blatantly chose to ignored JV's great day on Saturday. They not only played it down but in fact the editor completely left it off of their news wire. Now what makes this so distasteful is the obvious agenda to censor anything positive about Jacques. Why so obvious.... well take a close look at their news wire page! On friday there is full coverage and exposure of Nico Rosbergs fastest V8 performance for Williams. Top headline reads" Rosberg sets V8 Pace". Now on Saturday, mysteriously nothing is even mentioned about the jerez testing. Sunday.... back to full coverage of Jerez test, top of the headline reads "Gene paces wet Jerez test".

This is the sort of stuff that infuriates me and I would assume most other JV fans. It is obvious premeditated behavior of the site to play down JV when he does anything positive. Censoring the good is just as bad as openly and unfairly criticising him when things don't go his way. Everthing that is reported and indeed not reported is carefully thought over by a news site. An editor makes decisions on everthing that goes to air and that also doesant get reported.

I don't know who are the decision makers behind eurosports f1 coverage but I got a pretty good guess where they call home and what they think of Jacques!! I wonder if they might be one of those "crusty middle aged british journalists" that jacques dislikes having mentioned this in his autosport interview this past summer where he said they have it out for him. It's these same people at these types of sites that play down and sensor anything good about JV that in a flash would be the first to harpoon him when he stumbles. They're nothing but a pack of ruthless wolves ready to tear you to pieces when your guard is down.

Hope I'm not being too harsh here but this is BS!

Now JV on the saturday set the fastest time using a V8 engine in the crappy C24 chassis which was much quicker than Rosbergs time. His time stood right through until the very last day of Jerez testing the following week when MS nipped his fast time on his 3rd from last lap of testing for the week. The sad thing here is, if they can do this sort of thing to an ex WDC than they can do it to anyone on F1 should they choose. I thought part of the journalist code was to report the facts without bias and to remain impartial without agendas.

Oh this story get's even better. This article has now disappeared from F1 Central completely. Both links now take you to their main news page. A case of trying to remove the evidence or is something else more sinister being hatched?

I think they realised they were caught red handed in their smear campaign and are trying to remove all traces of the original article and the amended version.

Oh this story get's even better. This article has now disappeared from F1 Central completely. Both links now take you to their main news page. A case of trying to remove the evidence or is something else more sinister being hatched?

I think they realised they were caught red handed in their smear campaign and are trying to remove all traces of the original article and the amended version.

Caught with the pants around the ankles and Mario driving it home :blush:

It strengthens my support of the guy. I hope the veteran still has a couple of good years left in him, so he can make these maggots eat the crap they go out of their way to write.

:congrats: