Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Hockenheim Close To Bankruptcy

HOCKENHEIM CLOSE TO BANKRUPTCY

ITV

35527_1.jpg

The future of Germany's Hockenheim circuit is in jeopardy amid reports that it is in danger of going bankrupt.

Hockenheim mayor Dieter Gummer revealed that the debt-ridden circuit is facing an operating loss of approximately 1.5 million euros for 2006, and called on the regional government to provide assistance.

I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this. There are other circuits more deserving of a Grand Prix anyway.

The German fans may feel differently, but that's just the way it is.

Edit: Spa and Monza should be saved, however.

I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this. There are other circuits more deserving of a Grand Prix anyway.

The German fans may feel differently, but that's just the way it is.

Edit: Spa and Monza should be saved, however.

I agree entirely.

Still, I like Hockenheim and it would be sad to see it go. This is futher proof that they should have left it as it was.

They should replace this with Lausitz.

_1846700_germany_eurospeed300.jpg

sexy sexy

Still, I like Hockenheim and it would be sad to see it go. This is futher proof that they should have left it as it was.

They should replace this with Lausitz.

_1846700_germany_eurospeed300.jpg

sexy sexy

Looks like a old sex-ed drawing from the '70's :lol:

well don't be so sure that it is just the OLD tracks that are threatened with closure.

I read somewhere, honestly can't remember where, but was just recently, that a lot of the tracks are being forced to REDUCE their entrance fees in order to fill the Stadium's and this is reportedly because the F1 management require so much return from the tracks in order to have the privelge of holding THEIR i.e F1's races ??? on some other groups race track ?

Seems to me that IF the race track management can't afford F1, then the major looser would be F1 not the race track owners as they will still have the local racing fraternity, and well in time maybe the Aussie V8 series :D

Germany already has 2 grand prix anyway. The only downside would be that there may be 1 less race. I much preferred the old hockenheim with the long straights running through the forests, it made it unique

They should make Lausitz the European GP (especially since it's called the Eurospeedway, and it's a bloody good track) and the N

They should make Lausitz the European GP (especially since it's called the Eurospeedway, and it's a bloody good track) and the N

The A1 ring is a very poor relation to what was there before.

Indubitably, Mr. Gorilla. I was never a fan of the A1-Ring.

That long left hander before the double right to the start finish line always caught me out on video games.

That long left hander before the double right to the start finish line always caught me out on video games.

:huh:

there is only one long left hand corner, its really freakin huge.

A true gamer (like myself) can successfully negotiate such corners with ease. Perhaps you should stick to NASCAR games, the corners aren

That left hander is EASY. There is, however, another corner (the tightest corner on the track after going up the second hill, 2nd corner I think... not sure) which does catch me out... partially because I refuse to break for it....

One thing I do love about Hockenheim is the "chasing camera" after the hairpin and down the pit lane

What I mean is that I cannot see the apex of the corner, and they have that road that leads straight ahead. Try it on F1 02, its hard to see around, no matter what the angle.

I have F1 02 (amongst others) and still find it easy...
Likewise.

Well you do drive on the wrong side of the road, so maybe you have a different perspective, and ar5 may just be a probationary driver( not sure of his states law) :D