Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

funkejay

Not A Good Sign For JV Fans.....

I just visited the new BMW Sauber official website, and there is no mention of JV anywhere on the site. Now, I understand that this is a site under development, and there is more content that will come on line in the days and weeks to come, but the obvious and exclusive focus on NH on the site is somewhat troubling....

As an example, there is a listing of the Top 10 Formula 1 news stories, that currently only contains six news items, 3 of which deal with NH in practice, 1 that deals with the signing of Friday tester Robert Kubica, 1 announcing the signing of Intel as sponsor, and one dealing with the uncertain future of Hockenheim.

In addition to that, there is an introductory video of Heidfeld on the site, talking about "passion" of all things, delivered so stirringly by young Nick that it makes Kimi look absolutely ebullient in comparrison. And not a mention anywhere of the French-Canadian.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/interim/en/index.html

there was another article that i read recently that quoted mario as saying "nick was our favoured driver"

probably there is a "feedback" section on the site where u could point out this anomaly

I think that with the site just getting up they only have mentioned a few things anyways ,so it is too early to draw conclusions for the presentations that will viewed in the future.

There will be lots of news to post up by the end of Jan. 2006.

I like the site display engine , very seamless effect.

there was another article that i read recently that quoted mario as saying "nick was our favoured driver"

probably there is a "feedback" section on the site where u could point out this anomaly

Lets face it boys, JV is long of tooth for an F1 driver. Even MS is hearing he is past it.

The future is with the young stars, and JV is not one of those.

Best thing he can do is beat NH this year and hope to earn a seat for next year. A year of superlative drives may be enough to allow him to finish his career in a well funded factory team.

I am a big fan of FA, as I like his style. So I am mapping out an F1 interest without JV in it. Against the so called experts of this forum, I am also pinning some future to FM. He is another guy with poise, that I think has enough skill in him to turn a few heads.

Life goes on. A driver can only expect so many years in the sun, before the rain of age washes them away. I am just thankful the JV has a good chance to leave on a high note, and I may be able to watch him for a couple of more years.

Without wishing to be facetious for the sake of it, you seem a bit surprised. Give one good reason why the people at Munich should feel jubilant about managing Saubers most troublesome leftover.

Without wishing to be facetious for the sake of it, you seem a bit surprised. Give one good reason why the people at Munich should feel jubilant about managing Saubers most troublesome leftover.

That comment is absolute BS, and could only be made by someone who reads headlines, and nothing more.

Fact is the engineering team at Sauber really went to bat for JV. Good reason number 1

JV turned some really impressive times in testing the new V8. Only MS was able to post a faster V8 time. MT himself mentioned this as an impressive debut for JV and the BMW V8.

He is only troublesome to F1 scribes who he labels as a bunch of wannabe w#nkers wearing F1 clothing.

It was indeed a reluctant signing but CP did a marvellous job with JV

The website is a PR tool, nothing more. The best PR that BMW Sauber have had yet was JV topping the timesheets in his debut with the new BMW V8. That should be on their site, and its omission is either a tremendous oversight (as a result of single-minded focus on Heidfeld) or a clear indication that the franco-canadian will not receive the same support as his german teammate (despite giving them their best early results).

The website is a PR tool, nothing more. The best PR that BMW Sauber have had yet was JV topping the timesheets in his debut with the new BMW V8. That should be on their site, and its omission is either a tremendous oversight (as a result of single-minded focus on Heidfeld) or a clear indication that the franco-canadian will not receive the same support as his german teammate (despite giving them their best early results).

Indeed, so true

You know what guys, it doesn't matter really. JV put in a fantastic testing session in the V8. I'm looking forward to next year as JV won't be having to get to grips with a new car, new engineers and a new system of working out problems and trying to fix them. Sauber is essentially the same team as last year and it won't be until the middle or most likely 2007 that Sauber becomes BMW. Anyway, what this all means is JV should be able to come out of the box at the very first race and be up to speed. Nothing has really changed in his car accept the engine and that may actually favor his style of driving.

I posted a few times at being disappointed at JV's earlier races in '05. However I remain a faithful fan until the day he calls an end to his career. I know he's still got talent and the desire to win and I'll be there cheering him on at each race.

That comment is absolute BS, and could only be made by someone who reads headlines, and nothing more.

Fact is the engineering team at Sauber really went to bat for JV. Good reason number 1

JV turned some really impressive times in testing the new V8. Only MS was able to post a faster V8 time. MT himself mentioned this as an impressive debut for JV and the BMW V8.

He is only troublesome to F1 scribes who he labels as a bunch of wannabe w#nkers wearing F1 clothing.

So my comments are "BS and nothing more". that comment i'm afraid could only be made by someone who has a subjective appreciation for JV and not prepared to have an objective adult discussion.

Can you imagine MT saying "hmm, not bad...Nick should be faster though"? no, me neither. So only Michael went faster?, let's see how that pans out on March 12th.

I know JV doesn't like the press, he always has been a bit too sensitive. But hey, imply that they play with themselves, that ought to keep them off his back.

When i said "trouble" i only meant in terms of his speed, not his attitude. Moody Munich probably like that.

Its only a website I dont think JV would be bothered, anyway NH is the future and JV is very likely only going to be there for 1 season

Its only a website I dont think JV would be bothered, anyway NH is the future and JV is very likely only going to be there for 1 season

[sarcasm]

dont u know that anthony davidson is going to replace him after 2 races[/sarcasm]

Jv's formula 1 future will be decided by Jv in the BMW Sauber in 2006.... Its as simple as that in my opinion!

To bounce back and be in contention for a good seat in 07, JV is going to have to do very special things. I cant see it happening myself. He's got nothing to be ashamed of though, I mean how many people in the world can say they're a Formula 1 world champion?? He's been right to the top, he's achieved the ultimate goal. I'm surprised that he's still hungry 8 years after winning

It's in the blood. Remember that many ex F1 drivers go on to race in other series, just to satisfy the need for competition.

To bounce back and be in contention for a good seat in 07, JV is going to have to do very special things. I cant see it happening myself. He's got nothing to be ashamed of though, I mean how many people in the world can say they're a Formula 1 world champion?? He's been right to the top, he's achieved the ultimate goal. I'm surprised that he's still hungry 8 years after winning

Well, I can think of a few things but yes he should be happy with his early achievements.

So my comments are "BS and nothing more". that comment i'm afraid could only be made by someone who has a subjective appreciation for JV and not prepared to have an objective adult discussion.

Can you imagine MT saying "hmm, not bad...Nick should be faster though"? no, me neither. So only Michael went faster?, let's see how that pans out on March 12th.

I know JV doesn't like the press, he always has been a bit too sensitive. But hey, imply that they play with themselves, that ought to keep them off his back.

When i said "trouble" i only meant in terms of his speed, not his attitude. Moody Munich probably like that.

His speed was equal to Massa. He always qualified with more fuel on board, and his race pace in the last half of the season was always on Par with FM. The records for last year also show JV had qualified the Sauber higher up on the Grid then anyone else for the last few years.( :naughty: )Without doubt the closest pairing in the paddock last year for qualifying and race day was Fm and JV. The fact that FM went to Ferrari with that pace is interesting. Do not forget that the Saubers actually qualified ahead of a Ferrari on occasion last year. Interesting thing was that I called that ahead of it happening and this was thrown up as an example of of my ludicrous comments. I got the last laugh, and anybody that has followed any of my forum posts know I base my opinion on my knowledge of racing, and not what the F1 tabloid style internet reports on.

You want adult discussion, then come to the table with more then an offhanded factless slag.

JV's strong performance in testing is an indication that things are right with him and his engineers. JV's future is 2006. He does well and he may be around another year. If NH beats him up then JV himself will probably look at other avenues of racing.

The fact he hasn't yet been included in the Web page means nothing to me. BMW is a German manufacturer, it only makes sense they are going to promote the homegrown driver. They would be foolish not to.

Indeed.

. He always qualified with more fuel on board, and his race pace in the last half of the season was always on Par with FM. .

His Quali lap at Suzuka was very impressive

Best thing he can do is beat NH this year and hope to earn a seat for next year.

Looks like JV won't be in F1 next year then....... ;)

That picture of Mario on there makes him look like a Bond Villian

well last time i looked guys there was no mention of RB on honda's website! Nothing to worry about! And if you are THAT concerned then it shows you are not confident JV will do well