Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

funkejay

Not A Good Sign For JV Fans.....

well last time i looked guys there was no mention of RB on honda's website! Nothing to worry about! And if you are THAT concerned then it shows you are not confident JV will do well

When did you last look? JB is the golden boy there though...

JB is the golden boy of Honda, and NH is the golden boy of BMW. BMW hardly leapt out of their seats to announce that they were keeping JV.

JV fans just need to CHILL OUT!!!

German efficiency trumped the magic of the wizard of oz but will it be enough for the canadian's mind games and baggy overalls? Mighty weapons... Only time will tell.

Cos they all know that NH will kick his a## in races but don't want to admit it ;)

Count me as one JV fan that is not worried about NH at all. This is an all new F1 with the V8's.

I have absolute faith that JV can master the new power. JV will outperform NH two to one in qualifying

Count me as one JV fan that is not worried about NH at all. This is an all new F1 with the V8's.

I have absolute faith that JV can master the new power. JV will outperform NH two to one in qualifying

Wow, that's bold. I'd be quite happy to bet against that. Nick will be 13-6 up.

I doubt it. Evens is more realistic, and the season will be closely fought between the two.

I doubt it. Evens is more realistic, and the season will be closely fought between the two.

V8's are totally different power. They don't have the grunt that a V10 does. You need to carry your speed into a corner vs pounding down the power coming out. This is JV's strong suit. NH may catch up to be even by year end, but at the start JV will be all over it. A lot of the young guys go into a corner deep stand on the Brake, turn then accelerate. With traction control and the V-10's this worked great. WIth the lower torque V8, some finesse on the brake pedal will be called into play. That is why MS and JV are excited about the new package. They know very well, there are going to be more then a few guys scratching their heads. I bet the new package is only boring if you keep driving it the way the V-10's were driven. For the guys who like to throw the car around a bit, this is heaven.

Look for a lot of passing coming out of corners as those that know how to carry speed into the apex, launch past the guys hammering down the accelerator hoping the torque curve on the V8 will keep them ahead. Guess what. It won't.

The lack of low down grunt may catch out more than one or two of the less sophisticated drivers. As you say, the ability to carry speed through the corner is now more important. Still think it's going to be evens, though! :D

well last time i looked guys there was no mention of RB on honda's website! Nothing to worry about! And if you are THAT concerned then it shows you are not confident JV will do well

Ben it has nothing to do with our confidence in JV. Quite the opposite.

And your analogy is off. To be more accurate, you would have to consider the implication of ONLY RB being featured on the Honda website with no mention of JB (bearing in mind that JV is in his sophmore season with the BMW squad and NH is the new signing.......) Were that the case with Honda, I think you (and the other JB fans) would be quite surprised.

And to those of you who have suggested that this is much ado about nothing, that this is just a website and there is no significance to be attached to its content, I would point out that as one of BMW's primary PR tools, it provides significant insight into the corporate culture and priorities that exist within the management team. Whether this will have any effect on JV is a seperate question, to be sure, but there is no denying the obvious and conspicuous exclusion of JV.

The Qualifing for 2006 may cause some concern on how the two drivers for BMW-Sauber will choose to fuel up at certain times.

I am not sure where BMW-Sauber F1 team will be in competativeness compared to other F1 Teams and they may even be in the upper group by surprise B)

Should the driving sway to J.V.'s style or experience due to the V8 change and N.H. is slower to adjust then it may well be J.V. in the lead of the two for Qualifing. Testing has to get into a full month before real warmer weather gives a truer sense of how the BMW-Sauber with their Michelins respond in the pecking order of F1 Teams.

I am waiting til that time to feel out how many of the drivers come through. -_-

I am waiting til that time to feel out how many of the drivers come through. -_-

I agree. I was just being a fan. The season has many changes. The V8 changes a lot of things, so it will be interesting to see who adapts to the new Power curve. These guys are the best. I am sure it won't take long for all of them to start getting the most out of the car :D