Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Wurz Confirmed At Williams

(GMM) Williams has responded to speculation by confirming officially that Alex Wurz will join the team in 2006 as 'Friday' test driver.

The long-time McLaren tester, 31 and Austrian, also fills the 'reserve' spot at grands prix, and will help develop the new FW28 car, the Grove team said in a statement.

''Everyone at Williams believes he will bring significant improvements to the team's performance,'' Sir Frank Williams said.

Wurz, who debuted in F1 for Benetton in 1997 and 1998, met the wheelchair-bound team principal in 1996, at a touring car meeting. ''I am delighted that the opportunity to drive for his team has now arisen,'' the tall former grand prix racer said.

Some observers are already speculating that Wurz's new deal probably includes an 'option' for 2007, when Mark Webber's race contract will be up for renewal. Alexander neared a similar deal with BMW-Sauber for 2006, but the Munich paymasters declined to agree to the 2007 option.

It is also expected that Wurz is not paying for his Oxfordshire appointment, after the historically successful team considered plumping for the pay-drive cash of Narain Karthikeyan.

F1 rookie Nico Rosberg fills the other race seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy that Wurz got the seat ahead of Narain as he is far more experienced, which is what test driving should be about - providing input to improve the car. Whether it is a good move for AW is a question - from McLaren to a seemingly weaker Williams.....

(GMM) Williams has responded to speculation by confirming officially that Alex Wurz will join the team in 2006 as 'Friday' test driver.

The long-time McLaren tester, 31 and Austrian, also fills the 'reserve' spot at grands prix, and will help develop the new FW28 car, the Grove team said in a statement.

''Everyone at Williams believes he will bring significant improvements to the team's performance,'' Sir Frank Williams said.

Wurz, who debuted in F1 for Benetton in 1997 and 1998, met the wheelchair-bound team principal in 1996, at a touring car meeting. ''I am delighted that the opportunity to drive for his team has now arisen,'' the tall former grand prix racer said.

Some observers are already speculating that Wurz's new deal probably includes an 'option' for 2007, when Mark Webber's race contract will be up for renewal. Alexander neared a similar deal with BMW-Sauber for 2006, but the Munich paymasters declined to agree to the 2007 option.

It is also expected that Wurz is not paying for his Oxfordshire appointment, after the historically successful team considered plumping for the pay-drive cash of Narain Karthikeyan.

F1 rookie Nico Rosberg fills the other race seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy that Wurz got the seat ahead of Narain as he is far more experienced, which is what test driving should be about - providing input to improve the car. Whether it is a good move for AW is a question - from McLaren to a seemingly weaker Williams.....

What are his odds of getting drive from Mclaren? Zip, Zero, Zilch and so on.

P.S. There is already thread about this, if not more than one.

this is starting to get irritating,
there are 4 threads on this pumop has locked 1(surprisingly he has not locked senna's thread),
MOCK IT WOULD HELP IF YOU OPEN UR EYES...... AND SEE BEFORE LITTERING THIS PLACE WITG REPITITIVE THREADS ON THE SAME TOPIC

[quote name='mock' post='93953' date='Jan 3 2006, 11:14 AM']I am happy that Wurz got the seat ahead of Narain as he is far more experienced, which is what test driving should be about - providing input to improve the car. Whether it is a good move for AW is a question - from McLaren to a [i]seemingly[/i] weaker Williams.....[/quote]

mclaren dont have a friday car
they have 2 test drivers and Hamilton waiting in the wings and alonso already signed for 07
williams on the other hand have as per media reports offered the TEST contract with an option to race in 07

Thank **** wurz got the job over narain! Williams will actually benefit from Wurz's input!

Looks like I was wrong when I said Wurz was out of F1. Ah well, good luck to him.

Narain, chill down. Notice difference between me and you pointing out to Mock there is already several threads about this? I do not care about you saying what Bajo did to you, i do not consider Bajo even close to perfect forum person. I rather hope actually you do not become like him :)

Narain, chill down. Notice difference between me and you pointing out to Mock there is already several threads about this? I do not care about you saying what Bajo did to you, i do not consider Bajo even close to perfect forum person. I rather hope actually you do not become like him :)

u have a good memory

actually that part has been deleted

i dont know why

Thank **** wurz got the job over narain! Williams will actually benefit from Wurz's input!

Indeed.

MOCK IT WOULD HELP IF YOU OPEN UR EYES...... AND SEE BEFORE LITTERING THIS PLACE WITG REPITITIVE THREADS ON THE SAME TOPIC

Mind the caps - no call to be rude

I did check before posting - either someone got in ahead of me or just behind me, or I missed it while reviewing the list of topics before posting. In any case, this thread is open for discussion

Mind the caps - no call to be rude

I did check before posting - either someone got in ahead of me or just behind me, or I missed it while reviewing the list of topics before posting. In any case, this thread is open for discussion

that means ur checking was flawed ,as there were 3 other threads on the issue,and chris strange's thread was locked

as far as this thread not being locked is concerned,i have rightly pointed out that though a M** edits my post(removing the word "fool" from my post ,he does not lock the thread

I did check before posting - either someone got in ahead of me or just behind me, or I missed it while reviewing the list of topics before posting.

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5212

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5207

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5197

You have no excuse

this is the 4th time you are starting a topic already being discussed,you need to be more careful and vigilant

that means ur checking was flawed ,as there were 3 other threads on the issue,and chris strange's thread was locked

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5212

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5207

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5197

You have no excuse

this is the 4th time you are starting a topic already being discussed,you need to be more careful and vigilant

I said I may have missed it - do you understand plain english, or are you a moron

As far as those ludicrous accusations you are making - there was only one thread on the similar topic initiated by Chris Strange, which is the one I missed. Unfortunately this was erroneously closed by the moderator based on poor advice from you.

The other two threads indicate the possibility of Wurz driving with Williams, which includes one junk thread started by you using Babelfish or some other nonsense to do a direct translation.

I hope you understand the difference between 'possible or linked' and 'confirmed'.

I said I may have missed it - do you understand plain english, or are you a moron

As far as those ludicrous accusations you are making - there was only one thread on the similar topic initiated by Chris Strange, which is the one I missed. Unfortunately this was erroneously closed by the moderator based on poor advice from you.

The other two threads indicate the possibility of Wurz driving with Williams, which includes one junk thread started by you using Babelfish or some other nonsense to do a direct translation.

I hope you understand the difference between 'possible or linked' and 'confirmed'.

in the same thread started by me i did post the confirmation,and the "orf" article itself was a confirmed news...

You guys will never ever agree on anything, it seems. :angry: After a while it gets tedious - this argument is utterly pointless. Sh#t! Now I'm doing it. Just let it go.

You guys will never ever agree on anything, it seems. :angry: After a while it gets tedious - this argument is utterly pointless. Sh#t! Now I'm doing it. Just let it go.

:lol:

guys, take monza gorilla's advice please.

mock - please check for other topics carefully before posting threads.

narain - please understand that people make mistakes. i know 4 similar treads is a bit much but still. i took out your comment calling mock a fool to try and defuse a situation in the making that was gonna take the topic way off topic. the other mods locked the other threads before i came onto the scene leaving this one open as the central wurz to williams thread.

it was good to see people were still able to talk about wurz regardless, but it appears the important points about wurz have been made and the discussion is over. closed.

thanks