Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Schumacher's Era Is Over

Schumacher's era is over

Time for the new generation claims Rosberg

rosberg-hockenheim_230705_220x147.jpg

Keke looking to the new generation

Michael Schumacher's era of dominance is over for good, according to a fellow drivers' world champion.

1982 title winner Keke Rosberg, whose 20-year-old son Nico will be wheel-to-wheel with Schumacher this year, reckons 2005 - with Fernando Alonso (24) and Kimi Raikkonen (26) on top of things - marked the beginning of the younger drivers' time.

Schumacher, the oldest driver in pitlane at 37, won seven titles between 1994 and 2004, but his Grand Prix tally of 84 was only bolstered by a single win last year - the farcical United States Grand Prix.

"He won't win another world championship," Rosberg told F1 Racing magazine. "The world - and the world championship - now belongs to the young ones."

now why would he say something like that.. oh wait, his son is in f1 now, he has to make it sound like he can compete in a while and if Shumi is still there he wont be able to

now why would he say something like that.. oh wait, his son is in f1 now, he has to make it sound like he can compete in a while and if Shumi is still there he wont be able to

Indeed, what claptrap :lol:

WHat? F1FRananatatatic? Nico can't compete while Schu is in F1? Have you ever seen him race? I think it is just so sad when someone who really knows the inn's and out's of F1 expresses his opinion and then some sad bedroom fan who have not come closer to a car than 50 meters just denounces it as utter bull.

Keke could be right, but i think he is relating to Schumachers domination of F1 in the face of extensive rule changes, and the fact the younger generation/newer drivers will adapt quicker to these new rules---Take 2005 for example; it was about time some drivers beat Schumacher,his era should be over, but i suspect it isnt.

So what you are saying is that given equal machinery schu would blow all other drivers on the grid out to sea? I doubt that. He is good, but this is the first year Alonso has had a really competitive car and he left Schu behind to die (although the ferrari was not up to scrap).

I am certain that both Alonso and Kimi can outrace Schu in equal cars. Also, we still have not seen the true potential of Klien (and Rosberg and Heikki for that matter) either. Schu is one of the greats, but be for real, and open your eyes, some of these youngsters are far better.

No...what kiko1 said was he could still win...and with the 'Ron Dennis-inspired' Sh*tfight surrounding Alonso & Kimi in 2006, I think it may make Schu's path to WDC less difficult..(i said less difficult, not easy)

No...what kiko1 said was he could still win...and with the 'Ron Dennis-inspired' Sh*tfight surrounding Alonso & Kimi in 2006, I think it may make Schu's path to WDC less difficult..(i said less difficult, not easy)

I can't see how Alonso going to Mclaren will ruin both Kimi and Alonsos season, letting schu regain the title without contest? These boys are going to race like there is no tomorrow, don't you worry about that.

I can't see how Alonso going to Mclaren will ruin both Kimi and Alonsos season, letting schu regain the title without contest? These boys are going to race like there is no tomorrow, don't you worry about that.

I didnt say that either...Man!...All im saying is this: a 7 times World Champ with what promises to be a very fast car VS Kimi in a McLaren(Alonso's team next year) VS F1s youngest ever WDC in a Team who are not committing to an 2007 season? ..that would tell me to put some money on Schumacher,simply as he has nothing to lose and less pressure to prove his worth

First of all Renault have not stated that they are leaving, its all speculation. Second, if they are leaving they would want to go out on top. At least try to fight hard as hell for the title. Thirdly, Mclaren and its drivers will be hungry as the big bad wolf, no matter if Kimi is staying or not. Fourth, Toyota and Honda will (should) be stronger, and you should remember that the former would have whooped Ferrari had it not been for the 18 points they 'stole' at Indy. I doubt Schui will be WDC ever again, and if he manages to do so its all due to the other teams producing turkeys and ferrrari not making a donkey.

Mclaren and its drivers will be hungry as the big bad wolf, no matter if Kimi is staying or not. .

i would jst like to point out that after 03 everyone expected 04 to be the closest ,and mclaren to have the upper hand

etc...what happened forget having an upper hand mecca didnt even have a hand on the 04 title.. :lol:

i would jst like to point out that after 03 everyone expected 04 to be the closest ,and mclaren to have the upper hand

etc...what happened forget having an upper hand mecca didnt even have a hand on the 04 title.. :lol:

Hey every team can produce a turkey, last example is the F2005. Remember Ros Brawn claiming it was the 'best car ever' at its launch? Wow, was he ever worng. Lets see at the end of Feb. to pick the early contenters.

I don't see what everyone is making such a fuss about. All Keke said is that the 'Schumacher era' of domination such as '02 and '04 is over, and I have to agree with him. Whilst I don't think Michael is past it, I don't think he will dominate a season as he used to as there are now two drivers who are better than him at this present point in time and teams who seem to have finally gotten their act together. Schumi may win a few more races, but I think he's won his last WDC.

:lol: Nothing to do with being a JVian my friend. The competition is strong for Michael and Ferrari at the moment and he isn't the benchmark anymore. He's in decline, but I'll grant still a major threat nevertheless.

First of all Renault have not stated that they are leaving, its all speculation. Second, if they are leaving they would want to go out on top. At least try to fight hard as hell for the title. Thirdly, Mclaren and its drivers will be hungry as the big bad wolf, no matter if Kimi is staying or not. Fourth, Toyota and Honda will (should) be stronger, and you should remember that the former would have whooped Ferrari had it not been for the 18 points they 'stole' at Indy. I doubt Schui will be WDC ever again, and if he manages to do so its all due to the other teams producing turkeys and ferrrari not making a donkey.

Its hard to express a view to someone who deals in 'could of's and 'would of's and lets personal vendettas get in the way of balanced judgement,----make your word soft and sweet, cos you will have to eat them in 2006

He's in decline

[/quote)

There's no evidence for that. You're going to look silly next year if Ferrari produce a better car

Its hard to express a view to someone who deals in 'could of's and 'would of's and lets personal vendettas get in the way of balanced judgement,----make your word soft and sweet, cos you will have to eat them in 2006

When talking about the future you don't use certainties. Personal vendettas? Are you serious? Get a brain, fast.

It`s clear, than MS carreer is already past over half long time ago =)

WARNING: For Adults ONLY ! =)

If we compare MS`s points (~1250) to his Team`pts (~1935), = 0,65

then multiply this "K-1" (0,65) to his points again (~1250) = 807 (K-2)

then divide "K-2" (807) on his GP made (~230) = 3,5 (K-3)

K-3 is (approx. agerage) coeffitient of driver`s strength on every GP.

K-3 for Top-3 OLD drivers is: DC=1,1, RB=0,9, MS=3,5

K-3 for Young-er Top-7:

FA 2,3 KR 1,9 JPM 1,6 JB 1,1 RS 1,0 GF 0,5 JT 0,4

WHat? F1FRananatatatic? Nico can't compete while Schu is in F1? Have you ever seen him race? I think it is just so sad when someone who really knows the inn's and out's of F1 expresses his opinion and then some sad bedroom fan who have not come closer to a car than 50 meters just denounces it as utter bull.

Do you have to be in Norway to know that it snows in Norway?

Nice read, and you are implying what exactly?

This is a FORUM. I dont think F1 drivers chat on forums, do you? Yes, Keke may have known the ins and outs of F1, hence why this was board was created - so we could talk about that knowledge, and learn F1.

I cant remember Keke Rosberg ever speaking out so publicly about anything like this in F1. So why is he starting now. Unless, I am wrong and Keke never shuts his mouth!!

It`s clear, than MS carreer is already past over half long time ago =)

WARNING: For Adults ONLY ! =)

If we compare MS`s points (~1250) to his Team`pts (~1935), = 0,65

then multiply this "K-1" (0,65) to his points again (~1250) = 807 (K-2)

then divide "K-2" (807) on his GP made (~230) = 3,5 (K-3)

K-3 is (approx. agerage) coeffitient of driver`s strength on every GP.

K-3 for Top-3 OLD drivers is: DC=1,1, RB=0,9, MS=3,5

K-3 for Young-er Top-7:

FA 2,3 KR 1,9 JPM 1,6 JB 1,1 RS 1,0 GF 0,5 JT 0,4

?

Keke could be right, but i think he is relating to Schumachers domination of F1 in the face of extensive rule changes, and the fact the younger generation/newer drivers will adapt quicker to these new rules---Take 2005 for example; it was about time some drivers beat Schumacher,his era should be over, but i suspect it isnt.

So you saying that Michael was actually competing with Kimi "N" Alonso?

You really think that Michael not the car failed to win the WDC or WCC?

Do you have to be in Norway to know that it snows in Norway?

That is one of the dumbest metafor's I have ever come across.

So you are implying that just by reading about skiing you can know more about it that Kjetil Andre Aamodt (Multiple world and olympics champion), as just by reading about F1 you can know more abouth the sport than Rosberg? I know its a open forum, but please, use your brain.