Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

New Honda Looks Good - Rubens

_858590_bari_tyears300.jpg

New Honda 'looks good' – Barrichello

Looking forward to his first Honda run

Honda duo ready for the Jerez tests

Rubens Barrichello says he is looking forward to his first test as a works Honda driver next week. The Brazilian, 33, won nine races in a six year career for Ferrari.

Now, the last days of his Maranello-signed contract finally past, Barrichello aims to take on 2006 cohort Jenson Button with a multi-season deal.

Referring to his maiden Jerez test, Barrichello said: ''I hope to cover as many kilometres as possible, to make comparisons and be completely prepared.''

He also told La Gazzetta dello Sport that what he has seen of the new RA106 Honda racer 'seems good'.

Source GMM

How does it feel to be an official Lucky Strike Honda Racing F1 Team driver?

I feel very excited because I think that this is a very good team. I'm really looking forward to working with Honda and the engineers, marketing and everyone at the factory. I think that the team has everything except a race win - and I hope that this is where I can help.

How familiar are you with the key team members and are you looking forward to working with fellow countryman Gil de Ferran?

I am very much looking forward to working with Gil. He was definitely one of the key factors for me coming onboard. Obviously I have been in touch with the team for a few years and I was talking to the key team members in 2005. More recently we have been discussing when I will be able to start testing in the RA106 - I am very excited about that.

What lessons have you learnt at Ferrari and what can you bring to the Lucky Strike Honda Racing F1 Team?

I think I will be able to bring lessons learnt not just from Ferrari but from my thirteen years of racing. I have experience of winning races and Championships so I am happy to bring this to the team.

What are the practical adjustments you've had to make - both socially and professionally - now that you're driving for a UK based team?

I have worked for seven of my thirteen years in racing for UK based teams. The journey from my home in Monaco to the Operations Centre in Brackley will be a little bit longer for me now than at Ferrari, but as the team tests a great deal in Spain, I do not think that I will have to adjust that much at all.

What are your first duties and when will you first drive for the team?

I will be testing for the first time next week in Jerez and I am very excited. I am starting to drive a little bit too fast on the roads now so I am definitely missing a racing car!

The run-up to the first race in Bahrain is an intensive period of testing. Presumably you'll want to do as many miles as you can behind the wheel before arriving at the Sakhir circuit?

Yes of course. I hope that I can do as many miles as possible and compare everything. The programme for the new car, the RA106, looks good and we'll just have to take it to the track and see how it goes. I am very excited about driving for a new team, especially for Honda, because the reason why I never left Ferrari is because I did not think that there was anything better. Right now there is something better and I hope that I can help move the team forward and see if I can fulfil my dream of winning the Championship.

F1racing.net

He's hardly likely to say otherwise, is he? It's the usual PR speak. Let's wait until he's actually driven the thing.

He's hardly likely to say otherwise, is he? It's the usual PR speak. Let's wait until he's actually driven the thing.

Indeed.

(GMM) Departed Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello admits that the Maranello team is designed to win championships for six-year teammate Michael Schumacher.

The 33-year-old Brazilian, who will christen his new Honda tenure with a maiden test next week, told Autosport that leaving the red team is very much a case of 'moving forwards'.

But he does admit that Germany's seven time world champion is special.

''I think, talent for talent, Michael probably has a bit more,'' Rubens conceded, ''(but I) did quite well to survive, and to always promote the harmony inside of the team.

''But up to a point ... you lose a little bit of patience and you see that you're getting nowhere, so it was time to leave.''

It's a rare thing to hear a top driver admit that his former teammate had more talent. On second thoughts, then, Barrichello returns to the theme that Ferrari is very tuned to the German.

He contended: ''If you throw us at the beginning of a team with the same everything, I can probably do very well. I think I can be world champion as much as he can

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

reading the first part one wonders,why is he stating the obvious,but as u read this u :lolroll::nono:

''I think, talent for talent, Michael probably has a bit more,'' Rubens conceded

Only 'abit' more? Come on Rubens, we all know it's ALOT more!!!

...the reason why I never left Ferrari is because I did not think that there was anything better. Right now there is something better and I hope that I can help move the team forward and see if I can fulfil my dream of winning the Championship.

If he thinks (and probably knows) that BAR will be better than Ferrari should be a matter of concern to Ferrari fans...but at the end I think he just got Fry, Button and DeFerran

...but at the end I think he just got Fry, Button and DeFerran

Diareaha of the mouth?

You've said it pal... :D

Rubens was actually pretty darn good in his Stewart Ford days. It sure did take him a long time to realize that he wont be WC with Ferrari :) Moving to Honda was probably a good move.. But everything coming out of his mouth now is just normal pre season PR talk...

Rubens was actually pretty darn good in his Stewart Ford days. It sure did take him a long time to realize that he wont be WC with Ferrari :) Moving to Honda was probably a good move.. But everything coming out of his mouth now is just normal pre season PR talk...

no,actually he was hand picked by schumi and the "core at ferrari" to play second fiddle

just that at that time he felt that being at ferrari(playing 2nd fiddle to MS was the best option available)

remember,even the day after austria 2002 he renewed his contract :)

great pic choice for the article narain fan :lol:

i can't wait to see reubens hit the track

great pic choice for the article narain fan :lol:

i can't wait to see reubens hit the track

the pic mirrors how he began to feel after 6 years of thankless service at ferrari

hope the Equal status at honda racing makes him smile a bit :)

remember,even the day after austria 2002 he renewed his contract :)

No, it was the day before :D

No, it was the day before :D

oh yeah :)

the clauses of the contract were very fresh in his mind,hence he promptly moved aside at the finish line :D

to make way ,and fulfil his contractual obligation

to make way for schumi ,and fulfil his contractual obligation