Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xenna

Senna This Is For You

Like Senna & Myself have said time after time... Ayrton Senna was pure genius!

Note in that video how he has to change gear next to his right leg using a manual gearbox, no semi automatic paddles here. There was also no traction control. This was F1 at its best.

Sadly the day after that super lap Senna was cheated out of the championship by Prost, but that

Note in that video how he has to change gear next to his right leg using a manual gearbox, no semi automatic paddles here. There was also no traction control. This was F1 at its best.

Sadly the day after that super lap Senna was cheated out of the championship by Prost, but that’s another story.

pure gold, his talent is beyond human comprehension...i am speechless...was taking a look at the lap over and over again

clinical perfection........

BTW WHAT IS this thread doing in the cafe :angry:

mods please move it to where it deserves

xenna i would see this as an insult to the great man ,couldnt u have started it in the appropriate forum :angry:

:D Thanks xenna :thbup:

moved to historical

I think the on board footage was cooler back in the days because of all that vibration and bouncing. Nowadays the camera is so well placed that it somehow kills the speed...

That brings back memories. I've gone all misty eyed..... ^_^

Proper motors and proper drivers.

That brings back memories. I've gone all misty eyed..... ^_^

Proper motors and proper drivers.

Indeed, indeed...........................

im just truly saddened that i never got to see the real drivers in f1!

But you can still see them on video. Not quite the same thing, I know, but at least it gives you an idea of what us old gits are on about when we get all historical on you....

I've got a better video, actually.

Senna, and a bit more...

Click free on the bottom, wait the amount of time, enter in the code, hit save so you save it to your computer, then play the video. This is 1337 in F1.

Sadly the day after that super lap Senna was cheated out of the championship by Prost, but that

I didn't see you say thank you to me :reddevile:

Sorry darling. Thanks for the topic. It was a lovely thought.

hmmm, no driver aids, manual transmissions, no electronic traction control, no ABS, etc. etc. etc.

Funny how that was considered the "golden" age of F1, where driver skill was valued above all else..... and yet, it is very similar to how they do things in the US based CART series, i.e. no traction control, no ABS, sequential manual shift transmissions, no driver aids (all of which highlights drivers' skill) which is nevertheless universally derided on this site.

Somethings just don't add up.......

That's one reason why I like Champ cars :thbup:

Look at my video!

I did watch the video AR5 - and it was interesting. Do you know what the comparative lap times were?

I do not know.

If both video clips were being played at the same speed, then they looked to be pretty close (on time). But what that tells us depends on whether that was schumi's qualy lap (with race fuel on board vs. Senna's qualy lap that was on a virtually bone dry tank) or if it was a warm up lap, practice lap, etc...... [though I tend to think it was schumi's qualy lap as I saw no sign of any other cars on track........].

Either way, without low fuel qualifying, we have no direct comparisons to the times set under the old system.

hmmm, no driver aids, manual transmissions, no electronic traction control, no ABS, etc. etc. etc.

Funny how that was considered the "golden" age of F1, where driver skill was valued above all else..... and yet, it is very similar to how they do things in the US based CART series, i.e. no traction control, no ABS, sequential manual shift transmissions, no driver aids (all of which highlights drivers' skill) which is nevertheless universally derided on this site.

Yes, and Ayrton Senna at Suzuka not Paul Tracy at Milwaukee.

Senna, don't mistake CART for the IRL. There are only two ovals on the entire CART season, with the rest of the events taking place on permanent road courses (like Portland, Mexico City, and the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - yes that's right folks, they also use the F1 circuit for CART, where the fastest cars are running the same lap times as the slower F1 teams), temprorary road courses such as Cleveland, and the majority of events at temporary street circuits such as Toronto, Long Beach, and Surfers Paradise.

Everyone talks about the skill it takes to race at Monaco, but in CART, circuits like Monaco are the norm, with street circuits making up the greatest number of events on the calendar, and in cars that are now just about as fast as the F1 cars of the early 90s (like your hero was driving).

And yet, you offer nothing but a smug retort, for fear that you might seem to 'provincial' should you acknowledge the obvious parallels between the 'old' F1 and present day CART.

Perhaps you are the new mock!!!!

Indeed! ^_^

And yet, you offer nothing but a smug retort, for fear that you might seem to 'provincial' should you acknowledge the obvious parallels between the 'old' F1 and present day CART.

Perhaps you are the new mock!!!!

indeed <_<-_-

A1 also doesn't have driver aids, and has steel brake disks instead of carbon fibre, ect... This doesn't mean its better that F1 or anywhere near for that matter.