Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

It means nothing! Just stop being so flipping up JV's arse all the time.

it was not meant to "flip jv " or anything else.just a piece of stat.why are u reacting in such a manner.where did i specify that it was meant to imply anything.not as if it is the only stat i posted.If anything.He has covered more miles in the new car.so the difference is entirely due to more laps done by NH in c24b(used for preliminary tyre compound and construction testing).when any conclusive and final tyre testing that will be done from next week onwards(that will have any meaningful impact on the choice of baharain spec tyres) ,2 F1.06 machines will be present .so expect equal laps :)

you should not forget Jv is A former Wdc(only 3 in the current grid have that distinction).so he wont be doing 12 days in the c24b.

he has done 3 days in the C24b for getting used to v8 power levels in dec. 2 more days in the c24b to get used to the new Tc in jan

Red Bull’s cooling problems almost resolved

The Red Bull test team is back at their Milton Keynes base now, after a couple of sessions at the inevitable Spanish circuits and, with everyone tearing the January page off their calendars, the beginning of the 2006 season is rushing towards us at the speed of light.

Despite the fact that much of Europe is going through its coldest winter for several years and Woolly Mammoths are once again stalking the Mediterranean beaches, it is no secret that the tams new RB2 initially struggled to disperse the heat generated by its engine. Technical Director Mark Smith gives a more scientific explanation…

“We’ve had to deal with a cooling issue and, over the past couple of weeks, have made the best possible use of the car in its current configuration. This doesn’t have the cooling elements in place that we will have on the aero kit that will be used at the first race,” he said. “We will be testing the new elements at the forthcoming Valencia test later this month. We’re still working hard on detailing all of the issues that led to the cooling deficit and there is still some work to do. But the timescale means we had to move on applying a solution and our analysis indicates we have solved the problem.”

The test team could have applied a temporary fix, getting round the cooling issue by attacking the bodywork with hacksaw and drill, turning it into something that looked like a car from Chicago’s St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. Instead, their engineers opted to restrict the car to a limited number of laps at a time, working on improving set-up and performance. Under normal circumstances, a lack of pre-season long distance running would raise serious engine reliability doubts, but not this time, as Mark explains…

“Although we haven’t been able to do long endurance runs to evaluate race distance reliability on our engine, Ferrari have been running the same engine in interim form pre-Christmas and in interim and 2006 form in the new year, so they have a good mileage on the engine and a good understanding of its durability.”

Historical note: Did you know that the gangster killings known as the St Valentine’s Day Massacre was all a mistake. Mobster Al Capone was a bit of a romantic old softie and he told his girlfriend to go out and buy herself new St. Valentine’s Day Mascara, but she misheard and the rest is history…

Red Bull

gp2006.com

It means nothing! Just stop being so flipping up JV's arse all the time.

and you Nick's ;) Lighten up, I don't think Ashwin meant anything in those stats, although they're quite interesting. Over 1000 less k's less than Nick. Probably means nothing, but interesting nevertheless.

a 35%ish difference, I don't think its a coincidence :eusa_think:

Yeah, it called the first weeks that NH had the car to himself because the JV - BMW Sauber wasn't officiliazed :clap3:

I don't see why those simple numbers, which are simply showing the impressive testing amout of BMW-Sauber, should be turned into a huge story and blown out of contexte.

RED BULL PROMISES COOLING FIX

ITV

35587_1.jpg

Red Bull is convinced it has uncovered a solution to the over-heating problems that have plagued the new RB2 since so far this year.

The team's technical director Mark Smith confirmed on the team's website that Red Bull intends to test the new bodywork at Valencia to counter the major cooling issues that have hindered the team's crucial long-distance testing programme.

"We will be testing the new elements at the forthcoming Valencia test later this month," said Smith.

"We

Toyota are testing on private track. Valencia if I am correct...I think....

Testing at Jerez starts tomorow. Don't know who exactly is going....just know BMW-Sauber are there from the 8th to the 10th...hopefully they will bring two F1.06's *crosses fingers*

honda will be doing a 3 day test @ Jerez starting tomoz :) . Thats all i know lol

They look strong

hopefully they are not running light while setting these respectable times! I certainly hope they are as strong as they look!

Toyota are testing on private track. Valencia if I am correct...I think....

Testing at Jerez starts tomorow. Don't know who exactly is going....just know BMW-Sauber are there from the 8th to the 10th...hopefully they will bring two F1.06's *crosses fingers*

Willy rampf said that in feb 2 new chassis would be ready.imo they will certainly have 2 new chassis from wednesday onwards .seriously,c24 's days are over,it should happily retire and go to to the museums :)

Willy rampf said that in feb 2 new chassis would be ready.imo they will certainly have 2 new chassis from wednesday onwards .seriously,c24 's days are over,it should happily retire and go to to the museums :)

Indeed! If they have two F1.06's I will be crazy with joy! :clap3:

I think the C24B will be retained for Kubica until the third F1.06 is up and running. It will be good to see all three drivers on track testing at the same time. More mileage means more work can be done.

just looking at 2 pics of JB in jerez today and looks like bar are trying out a new front wing!

55784.jpg

Tuesday saw testing resume at Jerez, with four teams turning up on the first day of the week-long session.

Fastest at the end of the day was Alexander Wurz (1:18.144) in the 'hybrid' Williams-Cosworth FW27 V8, as the team continued working on the 'seamless shift' gearbox programme that occupied most of their time at Valencia last week.

Nico Rosberg, in the FW28, also carried out development on the unit, and finished in fourth place just six-tenths behind Wurz.

Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, with second and third positions, continued to reinforce Honda's potential as a race winning outfit in the coming season.

Both drivers were again running long stints, and with each setting times within half a second of Wurz (Button a mere tenth behind), managed a massive 250 laps between them over a trouble free day.

Toyota continue to concentrate on Bridgestone tyre development, Ricardo Zonta and Olivier Panis taking on the workload to try a new rear construction which team insiders refer to as 'promising'. The two set fifth and sixth best times.

The day also saw the first appearance of the Midland M16 in a serious test. Christijan Albers was entrusted with the Toyota-engined all-new machine, and managed a promising 70 laps on his way to a best time of 1:21.551, some three senonds away from the pace setting time. Tiago Monteiro joined his team-mate in the old EJ15b chassis and posted the final place on the timesheets.