Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

Wow Honda is 1 second away from V10 Ferrari...impressive!

As for BMW really nice times for NH and JV. Respectively 4th and 6th best times so far in Barcelona since the start of 2006.

Tomorow being a race simulation will be a great indicator of the real speed of both drivers! Remember that JV was still tuning and setting up new parts on the car whilst NH was doing some speed runs! And yet the gap is sooo close! Can't wait to see times from tomorow!! :D:D:D

Remember that JV was still tuning and setting up new parts on the car whilst NH was doing some speed runs! And yet the gap is sooo close! Can't wait to see times from tomorow!! :D:D:D
:huh:

who said that

-any source :huh:

Please stop talking about JV and how he compares to NH all the time, it is slightly* starting to do my head in.

* When I say slightly, I mean REALLY.

I'm sorry kaisersalsek I guess we are just very excited to see our man doing well and having him constantly bashed makes us want him to perform even more

As for NH fan, I have always been a NH fan seriously since his Jordan days. He was my back-up went JV was going out of F1 and I have been keeping an very close eye to him since then. Was overwhelmingly happy to see that BMW-Sauber had both NH and JV as drivers since they basicaly are my two favourite drivers

I'm sorry kaisersalsek I guess we are just very excited to see our man doing well and having him constantly bashed makes us want him to perform even more

As for NH fan, I have always been a NH fan seriously since his Jordan days. He was my back-up went JV was going out of F1 and I have been keeping an very close eye to him since then. Was overwhelmingly happy to see that BMW-Sauber had both NH and JV as drivers since they basicaly are my two favourite drivers

He deserved it based on his performances in 04 and the early 05 races

Nice to see MF1 keeping up with Red Bull. Could they truly be on pace?

Asgar

No. Midland were only keeping up with the RB2-01 driven by Dornbos and Coulthard. Klien was driving the updated car (the RB2-02) which was considerably faster than the RB2-01.

Has anyone seen any pics of the "new" Super Aguri chassis that's been out for a shake-down at Kemble???

Apparently it's being run with all-white paint and no sponsorship. I'd like to see what the old A23 looks like under the new regs (it was always a good looking car).

Please stop talking about JV and how he compares to NH all the time, it is slightly* starting to do my head in.

* When I say slightly, I mean REALLY.

NH was slightly faster then JV today. BMW are doing very well. You should be very pleased with this turn of events. NH has a long term future with BMW and the BMW-Sauber team is doing an excellent job with reliability second to none. Not once have they lost a motor through all this testing.

They are demonstrating that they may be able to crack into the top quarter of the field.

Race simulation exercises completed in Bahrain

The weather was warm and sunny in Bahrain on Wednesday morning for the start of the Honda Racing F1 Team's third day of testing at the Sahkir circuit, scene of the opening Grand Prix of 2006 Formula One season in little more than three weeks time.

Conditions were a little hotter than on Tuesday with ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius and a track temperature of 33 degrees Celsius.

Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello continued their driving responsibilities in chassis RA106-01 and chassis RA106-03 respectively. Both drivers focused on tyre and aerodynamic evaluations in the morning session before completing race simulation exercises in the afternoon session, in conjunction with further tyre evaluations.

Jenson completed a very impressive 140 laps during the day, once again setting the second fastest time overall and the fastest time among the V8 runners. Rubens also completed more than 100 laps and was third fastest overall.

Bahrain test times - Wednesday

1. Felipe Massa (Ferrari V10) 1m 30.018s

2. Jenson Button (Honda) 1m 31.265s

3. Rubens Barrichello (Honda) 1m 31.631s

4. Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) 1m 32.230s

5, Neel Jani (Toro Rosso) 1.33.075s

Promising times from both Honda drivers, and 140 laps by JB is pretty huge so im quite pleased. I wish Ferrari were using the 248's only as the v10 2004, albeit restricted v10 gives false impressions!

I remember planet-f1 taking a poll asking which one will happen first ; is it button winning his first finish;trulli having a hair cut;and so on...... it seems button getting on to winning may come true with what the test times and reliablity of honda; i am sure if this goes on then honda will be there in top 2

Race simulation exercises completed in Bahrain

The weather was warm and sunny in Bahrain on Wednesday morning for the start of the Honda Racing F1 Team's third day of testing at the Sahkir circuit, scene of the opening Grand Prix of 2006 Formula One season in little more than three weeks time.

Conditions were a little hotter than on Tuesday with ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius and a track temperature of 33 degrees Celsius.

Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello continued their driving responsibilities in chassis RA106-01 and chassis RA106-03 respectively. Both drivers focused on tyre and aerodynamic evaluations in the morning session before completing race simulation exercises in the afternoon session, in conjunction with further tyre evaluations.

Jenson completed a very impressive 140 laps during the day, once again setting the second fastest time overall and the fastest time among the V8 runners. Rubens also completed more than 100 laps and was third fastest overall.

Bahrain test times - Wednesday

1. Felipe Massa (Ferrari V10) 1m 30.018s

2. Jenson Button (Honda) 1m 31.265s

3. Rubens Barrichello (Honda) 1m 31.631s

4. Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) 1m 32.230s

5, Neel Jani (Toro Rosso) 1.33.075s

Promising times from both Honda drivers, and 140 laps by JB is pretty huge so im quite pleased. I wish Ferrari were using the 248's only as the v10 2004, albeit restricted v10 gives false impressions!

I remember planet-f1 taking a poll asking which one will happen first ; is it button winning his first finish;trulli having a hair cut;and so on...... it seems button getting on to winning may come true with what the test times and reliablity of honda; i am sure if this goes on then honda will be there in top 2 like in 2004

I remember planet-f1 taking a poll asking which one will happen first ; is it button winning his first finish;trulli having a hair cut;and so on...... it seems button getting on to winning may come true with what the test times and reliablity of honda; i am sure if this goes on then honda will be there in top 2

I remember planet-f1 taking a poll asking which one will happen first ; is it button winning his first finish;trulli having a hair cut;and so on...... it seems button getting on to winning may come true with what the test times and reliablity of honda; i am sure if this goes on then honda will be there in top 2 like in 2004

It certainly looks like it. Apparently, the HondaV8 packs the most power!!!

It certainly looks like it. Apparently, the HondaV8 packs the most power!!!

But Honda said that they were lagging behind cosworth!! Honda must have a brilliant chassis (plus of course the brilliant Jenson, who has been faster than Rubens in pretty much all the test sessions)!!

NH was slightly faster then JV today. BMW are doing very well. You should be very pleased with this turn of events. NH has a long term future with BMW and the BMW-Sauber team is doing an excellent job with reliability second to none. Not once have they lost a motor through all this testing.

They are demonstrating that they may be able to crack into the top quarter of the field.

I don't care if nick is faster, it still irritates me.

:huh:

it should .

comparing a champion,a proven race winner with a Young driver who hasn't achieved much till date should irritate everyone

Are you joking. When two guys are racing in the same machinery, comparisons will always be made. This has been going on through out the history of motorsport. In today's F1 that is the only race on the track where two drivers have equal equipment with the outcome being dependent on the driver input. In essence it is the only real measure or comparison that means anything. That is why Ferrari has upset so many with their focus on MS. Purist say Ferrari are depriving them of that driver comparison. In effect you have 11, 2 car races going on at once if all the teams allowed their drivers to compete head to head. With Ferrari's policy that number is reduced by one.

Your comment really surprises me.

Are you joking. When two guys are racing in the same machinery, comparisons will always be made. This has been going on through out the history of motorsport. In today's F1 that is the only race on the track where two drivers have equal equipment with the outcome being dependent on the driver input. In essence it is the only real measure or comparison that means anything. That is why Ferrari has upset so many with their focus on MS. Purist say Ferrari are depriving them of that driver comparison. In effect you have 11, 2 car races going on at once if all the teams allowed their drivers to compete head to head. With Ferrari's policy that number is reduced by one.

Your comment really surprises me.

most ridiculous post i have ever read

??

I thought YHR's post was fair enough. It was hardly ridiculous.

that would be news

has the season been preponed by 4 weeks :yikes:

Are you joking. When two guys are racing in the same machinery, comparisons will always be made

Testing is still a useful means of comparison nonetheless. You are being facetious methinks.