Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

source: circuit valencia website

Mejores Tiempos- time sheet - 28 feb 2006

1.- Heikki Kovalainen - FIN - Renault F1 - 1.10.438 (123 laps)

2.- Anthony Davidson (GBR) Honda 1.10.532 (146 laps)

3.- Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) McLaren 1.10.827 (74 laps)

4.- Pedro de la Rosa (ESP) McLaren 1.10.834 (109 laps)

5.- Nico Rosberg (ALE) Williams 1.11.268 (69 laps)

6.- Mark Webber (AUS) Williams 1.11.561 (86 laps)

mclarens are not that slow, just like yesterday, even after doing so many laps... :thbup:

Kimi had a hydrolics problem in he mourn :lol:

And Honda and enault continue to set the pace. Mclaren though have shown signs of speed are quite far behind. And judging the fact Honda contiually develop their car they will hopeully stay behind.

Yeah Ben, still old clothes. The just removed the Bmw simbol and the Micheling and pasted the new sponsors, i hope they improve that soon

It would seem That Michelin are clearly in front of Bridgestone at this point in time. Maybe that's why Webber looks so down.

Honda is most reliable '06 team

With an average of 438 km on a single test day

honda-test-z-wri-07_010206.jpg

Honda F1 Racing Team

Honda, an outside tip for championship glory, has been the most reliable formula one team of the 2006 pre-season.

While a similar analysis named the Brackley based outfit as the biggest testers, 'Auto Motor Und Sport' now reveals that the Japan-owned camp topped F1's eleven teams in a study of those least likely to break down this year.

With an average of 438 kilometres on a single test day, the German magazine lists Honda ahead of F1 rival and second most reliable team Renault, which clocks up an average 399km.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Toro Rosso - with a development of last year's Red Bull car and a V10 engine - came in third (376km), ahead of BMW (355) and Toyota (294).

Ominously, '05 runner up McLaren is just sixth of the eleven teams, with an average of less than 300km per test day, but Ferrari fared even worse, collecting just 278 km per day to finish eighth.

Williams amassed 280km per winter test day, according to Auto Motor Und Sport, MF1 came next (272), then Red Bull (175) and Super Aguri (173).

''I feel very comfortable going into the first race,'' Honda's Rubens Barrichello said last week.

:D He knows he's going to take a pounding :lol::lol:

The Honda being most reliable is pretty misleading claim. They did the most KM's they weren't the most reliable. Last time I checked, they had a few engine failures and such while some other teams like BMW have had problem free testing

KIMI SIGNALS BAHRAIN INTENT

ITV

35981_1.jpg

McLaren put its turbulent winter testing campaign behind it by ending the final pre-season run in emphatic form as Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest lap ever recorded by a V8-engined Formula 1 car around Valencia.

The team has shown steady and marked improvement in recent weeks after the well-documented engine problems of January, and now, with the Finn's blistering 1m09.416s lap, it looks all set to square up to winter favourites Renault in Bahrain in just over a week's time.

"We have had a productive couple of days in Valencia this week, we had some good pace with the car today and I set the fastest time, but testing is very different to being on the race track," said Raikkonen.

"Since we first ran the car, the test team has worked so hard on track so that we could put as much mileage on the MP4-21 and push the programme forward much as possible before the first race.

"I have completed 11

KIMI SIGNALS BAHRAIN INTENT

ITV

35981_1.jpg

Wednesday's testing times from Valencia

1. RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m09.416s (120)

2. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m09.836s (115)

3. DAVIDSON Honda 1m10.301s (142)

4. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m11.078s (76)

5. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m11.129s (59)

6. TRULLI Toyota 1m12.159s (80)

7. WURZ Williams 1m12.257s (70)

* number of laps completed in brackets

How come different test times from mine? I have taken those times from circuit Valencia official website....and you senna? I really can not understand the difference in the time sheets.....I know same kind of problem happened before also in this thread...I don't think, F1 news providing websites...including official circuit valencia website are reliable.... :angry:

Kimi had a hydrolics problem in he mourn :lol:

And Honda and enault continue to set the pace. Mclaren though have shown signs of speed are quite far behind. And judging the fact Honda contiually develop their car they will hopeully stay behind.

ehh...now what?? :frusty:

2. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m09.836s (115)

3. DAVIDSON Honda 1m10.301s (142)

4. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m11.078s (76)

5. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m11.129s (59)

6. TRULLI Toyota 1m12.159s (80)

7. WURZ Williams 1m12.257s (70)

<_< Is there any point at all in you being here?

No and the doll's gone

i'd be interested to know which member it is! it must be 1 of the british members cos they use the word 'prick'

He must have gone through at least 15 engines over 120 laps :naughty:

DAVIDSON SHATTERS VALENCIA LAP RECORD

Honda Racing has upped the ante in the Formula 1 testing stakes after Anthony Davidson broke the unofficial lap record at Valencia this afternoon.

The British driver, who will carry out Friday testing duties on grand prix weekends for Honda this season, posted a stupendous time of 1m08.53s shortly after one o

Was reading autosport earlier and there is a very interesting feature on the testing. Not much between honda/reanult/mclaren on speed, but Honda's 1 lap sp-eed isnt quite as much as renaults thus will qualify slightly behind, but will be more than a match in the races as are far more consistent in long runs.

OMFG 1 lap quicker than raikonnens. Wow, and set by ant, good for him.

Honda have now set record v8 times at valencia and barcelona now. Looking good, looking good