Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

Looks like BMW are trying the ferrari-style front wing - is that wise??

they ar enot "trying" anything new

it is a modified "white c-24

I think that Sauber used that in 2005. If they have that on their 2006 car I would be surprised...

nah actually wednesdays are my days off! lol! whilst im ere my exam yesterday was awful cos I ran out of time, it was p**s easy but i wrote too much :( and didnt have time to conclude the last question!

Mclaren running an unrestricted V10 :lol:

Spanish driver Pedro de la Rosa finished on top of the timesheets in the second day of testing at the Jerez circuit.But it was Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher, quickest yesterday, who shone again as he posted the best time in a V8-engined car.

But it was Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher, quickest yesterday, who shone again as he posted the best time in a V8-engined car.

De la Rosa, driving the orange McLaren MP4-20 with a non-restricted Mercedes V10 engine, finished over a second quicker than Schumacher who, at the wheel of the F2004 fitted with the V8 unit, posted a time over half a second quicker than Toyota's Ricardo Zonta in the V8-powered TF106.

Schumacher completed only 53 laps and caused a red flag late in the day when his car stopped on track. The German worked alongside test driver Luca Badoer, in a V10-engined F2005.

Local hero Fernando Alonso was fourth quickest as he continued at the wheel of the Renault R25, ahead of his debut with the new car tomorrow. The R26 was again driven by teammate Giancarlo Fisichella, who enjoyed an encouraging day and posted the sixth quickest time.

"It was another encouraging day for me with the R26," said Fisichella. "We did not run much this morning, but it was much better this afternoon when we managed some long runs. The laptimes look reasonable, but the important thing is that they are very consistent, because we haven't touched the set-up at all yet.

"It is hard for me to compare with the R25 at the moment, because I only drove the V8 power simulation for one day in wet conditions. So tomorrow, when I am in the old car, I can have a better idea of the step forward we have made. Overall, though, today confirmed my first impressions, that the potential is there with this car."

The Renault drivers were split by Nick Heidfeld, whose BMW-Sauber team joined the Jerez test with a completely white car which caught the eye of the Spanish fans which attended the test.

Austrian Alexander Wurz, signed as Williams' third driver for the 2006 season, made his debut with the Grove-based team today, although the former McLaren driver only took to the track in the afternoon and went off track soon after that.

Wurz could only complete 31 laps during the session and finished close to the bottom of the times. His teammate Nico Rosberg was eighth fastest after 50 laps, but the German driver had a troubled day, causing two red flags during the session.

The Honda team kicked off their first test of 2006 with Anthony Davidson and James Rossiter at the wheel of two hybrid cars fitted with V8 engines.

Vitantonio Liuzzi with the Toro Rosso and David Coulthard in the new Red Bull RB2 ensured all teams but Midland were present at the Spanish circuit today.

Coulthard did not enjoy a good day, managing just two laps before his car broke down in the morning. The Scot returned to the track in the afternoon, but he covered just 31 laps and finished at the bottom of the times as Adrian Newey watched the team's progress.

Today's times:

Pos  Driver		Team				Tyres  Time	 Laps
01.  de la Rosa	McLaren-Mercedes	 (M)  1:16.509   86  *
02.  M.Schumacher  Ferrari			  (B)  1:17.970   53
03.  Zonta		 Toyota			   (B)  1:18.541   71
04.  Alonso		Renault			  (M)  1:18.697  104  *
05.  Heidfeld	  BMW-Sauber		   (M)  1:18.817   56
06.  Fisichella	Renault			  (M)  1:19.118   65
07.  R.Schumacher  Toyota			   (B)  1:19.189   35
08.  Rosberg	   Williams-Cosworth	(B)  1:19.394   50
09.  Davidson	  Honda				(M)  1:19.427  112
10.  Badoer		Ferrari			  (B)  1:19.774   94  *
11.  Rossiter	  Honda				(M)  1:19.891  104
12.  Trulli		Toyota			   (B)  1:19.975   18
13.  Paffett	   McLaren-Mercedes	 (M)  1:20.136   81  *
14.  Liuzzi		Toro Rosso-Cosworth  (M)  1:20.216   90
15.  Wurz		  Williams-Cosworth	(B)  1:20.749   31
16.  Coulthard	 Red Bull-Ferrari	 (M)  1:21.198   31

* V10 engine

All Timing Unofficial

05. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (M) 1:18.817 56

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also:

Well done Nico, in time you will be able to kick yet more a##.

Not bad for Sir Gary, what with it only being about his 4th proper testing session EVER.

cars look odd when they're plain

Ferrari to bounce back - de la Rosa

'Ferrari will be back in front'

delarosa-test-z-01_110106.jpg

Rosa running the interim McLaren Mercedes

2004 champions Ferrari are likely to be back on the pace this season. That's the opinion of test driver Pedro de la Rosa, who debuted the novel orange colour-scheme at the wheel of an interim McLaren on Wednesday.

The Spaniard told Marca newspaper that, with Michael Schumacher seeming to set the pace for a second day at Jerez, "one can say that Ferrari will be back in front. Honda is also working very well," de la Rosa added.

McLaren's MP4-20 was however the quickest car last year, and de la Rosa agrees that the next silver racer is also likely to be good.

But he suggested, amid suggestions that the new 2.4 litre V8 unit proved pretty unreliable in November and December testing: "Regarding the new engine, we still have a lot of work to do."

it seems the new v8's wont get mounted easily on the modified mp4-20,

flavio would be having a small laugh at that,he slamed the teams that spent money on modifying the

2005 chassis,now their latest spec engines dont fit in the mp4-20,and merc dont have enough old(er) v8 engines :P

I shoulda done enough to get around a B. Thje paper is out of 60, to get an E you need 30/60 to get anA you need 44/60 so you dont need it to be incredible tog et an A which I think is wrong, it should be had to get an A shouldnt it?

Hey what u think of shakira? is she fit enough for u lot? she is for me :P

Oh and Honda will have good engine by looks of things but Sh#t chassis again! ahh well!

No one, but I was just clarifying the situation.
The German set a fastest time of one minute 18.020 seconds as testing resumed after a Christmas break - more than a second faster than Toyota test driver Ricardo Zonta in the Japanese team's new TF106 car.

Coulthard's laps in the new Red Bull were restricted by a failure

Zonta's team-mate Ralf Schumacher was third fastest,

what is there to clarify in this :eusa_think:

:unsure:

First Ferrari Engine blow up

Red Bull Jerez test notes 2006-01-11

Racing series F1

Date 2006-01-11

Red Bull Racing's second day of testing this year was effectively reduced to half a day, after the car required an unscheduled engine change in the morning.

Paul Monaghan, Head of Race and Test Engineering:

"Along with our engine partner, we will of course be investigating what caused the engine to fail. We had a couple of new car gremlins that we addressed during the day, and with every run we're learning more about our new package."

Red Bull Racing continues pounding the tarmac here tomorrow, when Christian Klien takes over driving duties for the next two days.

Car: RB2

Driver: David Coulthard

Laps: 31

Best time: 1:21.198

Circuit distance: 4.428km

-redbull-

They ran limited V10:s according to most f1 sites.

so did they run restricted or not,

if they didnt then i ask why ferrari dont just use a modified F2004 for 06, it seems to be the fastest so far. it would show just how good the F2004 car was, if it won 2 seasons it would really be the most dominante car ever.

The car Nick is pictured in is the same C24 raced by JV and Massa, just with a BMW engine in the back and in plain white livery. That Ferrari style wing was used in most races by Sauber from Silverstone onwards.

Ferrari and Toyota once again looking strong of the V8 cars, whilst Renault seem to have a very good car in the R26. Good to see Nick run quick and reliably, but still behind JV's best V8 time at Jerez if I am not mistaken so don't get too excited yet Antonia ;) I heard he'll be testing for the whole 3 days BMW are there as JV is in New York filming an ad for Intel apparently.

Rossiter looks to have done a good job only .4 behind Davidson. Not a great day for Nico, but I think he'll be fine. He seems to be quick which is good. Another disaster for Red Bull though.

so did they run restricted or not,

if they didnt then i ask why ferrari dont just use a modified F2004 for 06, it seems to be the fastest so far. it would show just how good the F2004 car was, if it won 2 seasons it would really be the most dominante car ever.

i was about to type that this is the most ridiculous post ,i have read all week,but i just now saw in the "launches section ,ctrl rightly pointed out that perhaps you are "drunk

so no use replying to your post

The car Nick is pictured in is the same C24 raced by JV and Massa, just with a BMW engine in the back and in plain white livery. That Ferrari style wing was used in most races by Sauber from Silverstone onwards.

Ferrari and Toyota once again looking strong of the V8 cars, whilst Renault seem to have a very good car in the R26. Good to see Nick run quick and reliably, but still behind JV's best V8 time at Jerez if I am not mistaken so don't get too excited yet Antonia ;) I heard he'll be testing for the whole 3 days BMW are there as JV is in New York filming an ad for Intel apparently.

Rossiter looks to have done a good job only .4 behind Davidson. Not a great day for Nico, but I think he'll be fine. He seems to be quick which is good. Another disaster for Red Bull though.

please read the first page of this thread where i point out that you cannot infer that "ferrari are looking strong " from these times

yes toyota looks strong

the team that is atm strongest is renault,as they have not even scratched the surface,in terms of the potential of the new car

because,this is the 2nd day of the new car and GF clocked the fastest time in the 2nd lap of a long 20 lap run

till now ,all the v8 times near (or quicker) than GF's time yesaterday,were set in a 1-2 lap stint (on low fuel)

Rubens to make Honda debut today

The first day of Honda Racing F1 Team's 2006 testing programme began at the Circuito de Jerez in Southern Spain on Wednesday morning where the weather was fine, but very cold initially, meaning that there was little running on track before 11am.

As a result, Anthony Davidson worked through system checks in chassis 078-08 in the early part of the morning before going out on track in warmer conditions to run through basic set-up work and find a good balance in the car. Davidson spent the afternoon session running through a tyre evaluation and completed his full test programme over an impressive 113 laps.

In chassis 078-07, James Rossiter also spent the early part of the morning in the garage completing system checks. Once out on track he ran through a front aero evaluation. Rossiter completed a further aero evaluation in the afternoon alongside a tyre program, completing 105 laps.

Davidson will continue in chassis 078-08 today, with new driver Rubens Barrichello joining the team for his first test. Barrichello will drive the 2005 chassis 007-06 before moving into chassis 078-07.

Honda