Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

Testing is still a useful means of comparison nonetheless. You are being facetious methinks.
Villeneuve was testing dampers

Nh was working on the car setup,i understand YHR comparing the uncomparable ,but you supporting it :yikes:

i never denied the fact you can get a direction ,a lead .a clue from the tests,for example merc engines are unreliable,BMw engines are "strong" and reliable.reno and honda are fast ... ,but to "liken" it to "racing each other " ,i maintain,is ridiculous

Supporting it?? YHR's post was not ridiculous, and still isn't. Nor was the one before that. He has only stated the bald truth. Wandering a little off the topic, by referring to racing instead of testing maybe, but truth all the same. You are obviously seeing something that is invisible to me.

. You are obviously seeing something that is invisible to me.
if something was invisible ,how are yoyu aware that i am seeing it :naughty:

if his post comparing the testing times was not ridiculous,i dont know what is

Villeneuve was testing dampers

Nh was working on the car setup,i understand YHR comparing the uncomparable ,but you supporting it :yikes:

i never denied the fact you can get a direction ,a lead .a clue from the tests,for example merc engines are unreliable,BMw engines are "strong" and reliable.reno and honda are fast ... ,but to "liken" it to "racing each other " ,i maintain,is ridiculous

You need to work on your punctuation. ;)

if something was invisible ,how are yoyu aware that i am seeing it :naughty:

if his post comparing the testing times was not ridiculous,i dont know what is

Where is this comparison? Is it invisible?

*I'm enjoying this!*

Are you joking. When two guys are racing in the same machinery, comparisons will always be made
NH was slightly faster then JV today. BMW are doing very well. You should be very pleased with this turn of events. NH has a long term future with BMW and the BMW-Sauber team is doing an excellent job with reliability second to none. Not once have they lost a motor through all this testing.

They are demonstrating that they may be able to crack into the top quarter of the field.

I'm bored with this now. :P

Anyway, he did not actually make any comparison, just suggested that others might :rolleyes: . And NH was slightly faster than JV. There was just nothing to qualify the statement.

I'm bored with this now. :P

Anyway, he did not actually make any comparison, just suggested that others might :rolleyes: . And NH was slightly faster than JV. There was just nothing to qualify the statement.

he was refering to the .2 sec difference in times yesterday
It's looking close at the top, but it doesn't really tell us much yet about race pace. Who is sandbagging and who flatters to deceive?

I'm well aware of what I said. I'm not senile yet. NH was faster than JV. That's a fact. No comparison was drawn, as no qualification was made to the statement. And what has my statement regarding race pace got to do with anything??

Now I really am getting bored................pedantry is a thankless hobby.............

I'm well aware of what I said. I'm not senile yet. NH was faster than JV. That's a fact. No comparison was drawn, as no qualification was made to the statement. And what has my statement regarding race pace got to do with anything??

Now I really am getting bored................pedantry is a thankless hobby.............

It is a tough road to hoe :lol:

Bahrain times should be in by now :unsure:

*aimlessly waits for times (that are meaningless as Russ says) and delays getting back to work for a few more minutes

BMW wraps up Barcelona test

16 February 2006

The BMW Sauber F1 team wrapped up a private, three-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona. Both Nick Heidfeld and Jacques Villeneuve were in action today in warm and sunny conditions - air temperature reached eighteen degrees Centigrade.

The team ran a race simulation programme with both drivers and between them the pair collected over 950km of data in one day. A Grand Prix distance is just over 300km. The BMW team moves to Imola for its next test starting 22 February.

you heard it here ,first :coolio:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/testresults.php?testID=492

1 N. Heidfeld BMW 01:15.928 87

2 J. Villeneuve BMW 01:16.884 119

f1racing.net

Supporting it?? YHR's post was not ridiculous, and still isn't. Nor was the one before that. He has only stated the bald truth. Wandering a little off the topic, by referring to racing instead of testing maybe, but truth all the same. You are obviously seeing something that is invisible to me.

Thanks Monza.

I am not sure what he is going on about, and having your support means I am not even going to bother going any further down this road. It wouldn't even be fun. :lol:

:D

I really cant wait for the new season. should be a good one for me!

I think you are right. JB is positioned to earn a victory this year. I also think it is going to be very close with mulitple different winners this year. Should be a great season