Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

It's been a pretty weird off season with some teams dominating early then falling back.

I think Honda and Renault were consistently on the pace all winter. I think Williams have shown good one lap speed whilst BMW Sauber have proved very respectable in both the speed and reliability stakes.

I think Toyota started off brilliantly but have now faded into the midfield, whilst the opposite happened to McLaren, what with their myriad of engine dramas combined with a lack of pace. However they've seemed to clawed back alot of the deficit.

Ferrari and Red Bull Racing have had numerous technical problems, with the latter not yet completing a race distance, whilst the others (Toro Rosso, Midland, Super Aguri) really didn't do that much.

Honda and BMW-Sauber were the big surprises for me.

Honda for having such a good, reliable and fast package with great drivers now did marvels in testing

BMW-Sauber under such a short time-frame built a pretty competitive team and have shown good speed and incredible reliability. Again the drivers here are very good and will surprise us I think

As for Renault they are still on winning pace.

Ferrari, Toyota and Red Bull are not impressing me at all. Testing for these teams have not been very good

As for Williams they only seem to have good fume times and the cossie engine as powerfull as it is has had some problems in the past

Anyways only 3 days left till friday test! Got the TV all set up and everything for that!! :D

:clap3::clap3::clap3: Back to the general population :( Thanks to everyone again for making this thread so interesting :thbup:

C'mon guys, post your opinions on who have been surprising, dissappointing and so fourth in pre-season testing!

I dont think anyone has been disappointing. Obviously Aguri are way off but thats only to be expected. I'm pleasantly surprised by Honda's reliability and speed

With regard to Ferrari's off season pace;

It has been good. Period. Not as quick as Renault or Honda (although Ferrari have been quicker by half a second in bahrain before they had their new front wing installed). (I do realise that they tested in Bahrain for longer tho)

Anyway my point is that Ferrari have never been astonishingly quick in off season testing but they are fast when it counts!!! (excluding any season which forbids tyre changing of course...)

i dont think toyota are as bad as everyone thinks. i looked at the barcelona laptimes with alot of fuel onboard and they have good race pace compared with renualt and honda, not faster but still up there.

I think ferrari is one of those teams you cant count out, they didnt look all too strong in testing but they never do. in 04 they were close to the top but never the ultimate prevailers, then race time and look what happened. then again it could be another 05 but 2 years with such bad luck is almost braking the laws of the space time continuam

Circuit De catalunya..... 11/4/06

1 Marc Gene (B) Ferrari B 1'16.122 53 - 218.8 55

2 Nico Rosberg (B) Williams B 1'16.313 42 +0.191 218.3 45

3 Narain Karthikeyan (B) Williams B 1'16.440 49 +0.318 217.9 55

4 Luca Badoer (B) Ferrari B 1'16.700 47 +0.578 217.2 48

5 David Coulthard (M) Red Bull M 1'17.152 16 +1.030 215.9 47

6 Christian Klien (M) Red Bull M 1'17.888 25 +1.766 213.9 26

7 Neel Jani (M) ToroRosso M 1'19.185 50 +3.063 210.4 51

We at least once or twice a month, to make TATA happy..................