Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

The Perfect Formula 1 Driver

This is what i'd think would be the perfect F1 driver. Create a driver from aspects of modern day Formula 1 drivers.

Qualifying - Jarno Trulli

Start - David Coulthard

Race Pace - Kimi R

Fernando Alonso! ;)

Jarno Trulli's qualifying skills are irrelevent in the new system. Funny you chose DC after he caused a first lap pile up in Brazil. Not that I'd remotely agree otherwise, but Brazil just makes it ridiculous.

Being at the back of the grid often in the fastest car of the grid doesn't make you the best overtaker. KR wan't the only one to pull off a last lap overtaking manouvre.

Funny you chose DC after he caused a first lap pile up in Brazil. Not that I'd remotely agree otherwise, but Brazil just makes it ridiculous.

DC went from 12th to 4th in one lap at the European Grand Prix earning him an award. Also nearly every race DC gained 2 or 3 positions at the start of the race.

Thats because the RB was a quick starting car like the enaults, and also the general incompetence of the drivers around him. Ferraris are notoriously poor starters, but thats not a problem with the drivers.

Thats because the RB was a quick starting car like the enaults, and also the general incompetence of the drivers around him. Ferraris are notoriously poor starters, but thats not a problem with the drivers.

Wasnt launch control banned so each driver would have to use their talents to start instead of technology like pervious years.

:D Perfect F1 driver? simple.............BIG BALLS....................

I agree, anyone could pull off a modern day formula 1. All you have to do is hit a button, drop clutch & hammer the accelerator. Its all down to the car as to how successful your start will be.

Wasnt launch control banned so each driver would have to use their talents to start instead of technology like pervious years.

Launch control was actually banned but there are still a lot of factors making the car the most important element of this equation.

For example the Renault R25's were so quick off the grid because of the fact that their engines were placed slightly further back than the other cars, the downside was that this caused the Renault to have quite poor handling and over-steer.

:D Perfect F1 driver? simple.............BIG BALLS....................

i.e. Montoya? Surely not?

This is what i'd think would be the perfect F1 driver. Create a driver from aspects of modern day Formula 1 drivers.

Start - David Coulthard

Race Pace - Kimi R

Speed will never win anything in formula 1 so that is definatley a fantasy

Same as Nico Rosberg.

He's just a name. :P

Start - David Coulthard

Race Pace - Kimi R

(1) Kimi is probably the best at qualy.

(2)JPM is probably the best at overtaking

I do agree

(1)yeah,he showed that at the brazilian gp

(2) when he survives for the race

Speed will never win anything in formula 1 so that is definatley a fantasy

Hmm, like Nico could win anything with the Sh#t Williams is going through? Speed just might do well, then you will eat your words.

Start - David Coulthard

Race Pace - Kimi R

Schumi's motivation+ Kimi's raw speed/talent+ JPM's balls + Trulli's qualifying skills+ Alonso's consistency+ DC's PR skills + Hakkinen's ability to handle pressure

Nico will win things, not this season, but in the future. He's a damn good racer with a fantastic style - he'll go places for sure.

Dream F1 driver? Ayrton Senna I think had it all! Im gonna agree with Senna on this one, We have already had a perfect dream driver.