Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

realick2002

V8 -vs- V10 Limited

from the test times, it seems the reduced v10s are faster than the v8. isint it part of the regulations to use reduced v10's if u wished. if then, why are manufacturers still designing v8's :eusa_think:

from the test times, it seems the reduced v10s are faster than the v8. isint it part of the regulations to use reduced v10's if u wished. if then, why are manufacturers still designing v8's :eusa_think:

apparently the FIA already is looking into this issue. detuned v10s might not be permissible after all. have to wait and see

detuned v10s might not be permissible after all

:blink:

Please tell me this ain't true!

Allowing V10's was a real dog's dinner from the start, but to change the ruling at this late stage would force some teams off the grid for months.

Sad thing is, I'm quite ready to believe that Max Doziley would actually be capable of doing such a stupid thing.......it'd be typical of his way of thinking (though "thinking" isn't quite what I'd call it).

Good rumour, anyway. :rolleyes:

The restricted V10s are not necessarily restricted to the 2006 regulations, except for what STR are running obviously. Mclaren's was probably unrestricted yesterday.

apparently the FIA already is looking into this issue. detuned v10s might not be permissible after all. have to wait and see

I hope so.

You might see some teams run 10's at tracks where torque is important (Brazil for example) if it's allowed.

I don't mind the allowance of 10's with 8's personally. As long as there is a rev limit on the 10's. Manufacturers will be putting maximum effort into squeezing the most out of the 8 pots. The 10's will be old hat.

You might see some teams run 10's at tracks where torque is important (Brazil for example) if it's allowed.

I don't mind the allowance of 10's with 8's personally. As long as there is a rev limit on the 10's. Manufacturers will be putting maximum effort into squeezing the most out of the 8 pots. The 10's will be old hat.

like u said, u cant compare the torque of a limited v10 to a v8. the times the mc's have been doin with a limited v10 is about 2 secs faster than the v8

:lol: Well McLaren might be beggging to use the V-10 if the V-8 comes up short :lol:

The 2005 McLaren sometimes did have a V4 and often had a lot less. :mf_tongue::rofl:

:clap3: The f2005 is probably one of the worst car that eva came out of maranello mareloi marri :eusa_think: camp. they are actually testin with the f2004 cos the 2005 is so slow. even a slow snail can have a word with it.

The williams is such an ugly car. the thing runs as if it has no engines. BMW/Sauber. they keep sayin they are testin and improving the car. but since the last race, the only difference in the car is the white color the've painted it. Redbull's new car can only do about 4, 5 laps b4 it breaks down. only mclaren can beat them in the reliability championship. or maybe its all adrian's fault adrian's stigma. Personally i dont like toyota. its seems like the've been using the same old car since they entered F1. no radical developments at all. does Gazza go with alcohol? naa.

squad toroso, torosa squad squadra toso. :o whateva redbull 2. The've got a good chance of beating redbull1.

BAR Honda. 2 is definitely missin if they count up to 19. Midland should be banned from racin. i c no contribution they can make to f1. apart from fill up the grid. Arrows/super aguri. the new BAR.

Renault. what can u say? i bet they all vote for the conservatives.

Mclaren. When Sh#t happens, it always happens to us.