Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Montoya Under Fire

Indeed. He can't be faulted in that regard - he was the perfect gentleman!

:lol::lol::lol:

JPM made some mistakes last year, but still not so many as Mario Illien.

I wonder why Mercedes has finally start building its own engines!?!!

Answer: cuz of Mario Illien who don't know how to make an engine

Nope... They Still Illmors made in Britain!

Rumour has it that the Mecedes badge on the front of the car is from Mercedes HQ in Germany though.

Thats not his job

True this...

Mclaren did the job for Kimi (Canada/Belgium)

JPM is not a team player. JPM is quicker than David Coulthard but DC would not have made anywhere near as many mistakes as the Columbian did (in ITV

Indeed. Unless JPM improves big ron will be kicking himself, as well as the columbian. He must be worried by all the talk of his decent driver leaving.

I think he knows already. Fernando is a direct replacement for Kimi. My opinion, I hasten to add.

JPM had the perfect opportunity to help Kimi at Brazil but put his own selfish interests above those of his team-mate and thus team.

Thats rubbish! DC moved over jerez 97 cos he was ordered to. He moved over melbourne 98 cos the 'pre-race agreement' with mika. JPM had no obligation to move over in brazil. He beat kimi all weekend and deserved the victory. Anyway as someone else pointed out, it would have been pointless moving over cos alonso still would've claimed the title by finishing 3rd. I find it strange senna that not only do you prefer to have 10-team grid rather than 11, you now appear to support the idea of team orders! Your exaggeration of jpm's 'errors' are almost as bad as your massive exaggeration of sato's f1 career

Indeed. Unless JPM improves big ron will be kicking himself, as well as the columbian. He must be worried by all the talk of his decent driver leaving.

I dont agree, even based on last seasons performance from the Columbian, Montoya is a lot better than DC was in the team. Hence a good signing.

JPM was of course a very good signing. All the experts on itv-f1.com put him in their top 3 or 4. Its only on this forum that so many people exaggerate his mistakes. These people forget about his brilliant wins in Britain and Belgium, and his incredible drive from last to 2nd in germany

JPM was of course a very good signing. All the experts on itv-f1.com put him in their top 3 or 4. Its only on this forum that so many people exaggerate his mistakes. These people forget about his brilliant wins in Britain and Belgium, and his incredible drive from last to 2nd in germany

60 points in a season with the best car on the grid, do you call that brilliant as well?? :nono1:

60 points in a season with the best car on the grid, do you call that brilliant as well?? :nono1:

Not that many mistakes but they are huge ones, he's a bit of a let down, definitely unpredictable

and a blast to watch on occasion but I would not have him in my team

He's too hot/cold and like you said: 60 pts ... mmmm

with that car? mmmm

Don't forget he missed 2 races and had bad reliability(would've won hungary remember). He should've got more than 60 points but what I'm saying is he's nowhere near as bad as a lot people here make out

Not that many mistakes but they are huge ones, he's a bit of a let down, definitely unpredictable

and a blast to watch on occasion but I would not have him in my team

He's too hot/cold and like you said: 60 pts ... mmmm

with that car? mmmm

so can you think of anyone better to put in the mclaren then?

Don't forget he missed 2 races and had bad reliability(would've won hungary remember). He should've got more than 60 points but what I'm saying is he's nowhere near as bad as a lot people here make out

Kovalainen in a snap, he would drive the wheels off that car

i cant speak for the others

but i have not "made out anything"

when he was bad,he got critisism,and credit when he was good .i remember ,i praised his aggressive overtaking move at the brazilian GP.and i remember ,when Bajo and a few others said after the brasilian GP that he was being selfish,i pointed out that it was his best outing of the year(and a lot of colombian fans had turned up to cheer for their "man",and the championship was lost irrespective of him allowing kimi to take the win..

dont broadly "classify" everyone in the same category of "montoya bashers"

I didnt classify everyone narain fan I said a lot of people, cos theres a lot of people here who do make out that jpm is that bad.

Oh and michaelfx - you'd replace JPM with Kovalaien - you're clearly an expert :lol:

i cant speak for the others

but i have not "made out anything"

when he was bad,he got critisism,and credit when he was good .i remember ,i praised his aggressive overtaking move at the brazilian GP.and i remember ,when Bajo and a few others said after the brasilian GP that he was being selfish,i pointed out that it was his best outing of the year(and a lot of colombian fans had turned up to cheer for their "man",and the championship was lost irrespective of him allowing kimi to take the win..

dont broadly "classify" everyone in the same category of "montoya bashers"

I know, he puts me on the edge of my seat very often with his moves

Every year watching him in the Senna curve in Mtl , he has a unique style in/out of the Apex

Very unconventional and exciting, but he needs to cool his jets and be a little more level headed at times

Oh and michaelfx - you'd replace JPM with Kovalaien - you're clearly an expert :lol:

I would suspect that GP2 is further off Formula 1 than most people think.

Rosberg & Kovalainen have a lot to prove still.

I would suspect that GP2 is further off Formula 1 than most people think.

Rosberg & Kovalainen have a lot to prove still.

Of course they do but put the kid in the car for less money, wait for Alonso and 07 will be a great season

I think he knows already. Fernando is a direct replacement for Kimi. My opinion, I hasten to add.

You're probably right methinks.

Quite. I was under the impression that the championship was based on this measure of a driver's skill not on their best one or two performances out of 19 (or 17 depending on how generous you are to a professional sportsman who can't play tennis without injuring himself).

You're probably right methinks.

Quite. I was under the impression that the championship was based on this measure of a driver's skill not on their best one or two performances out of 19 (or 17 depending on how generous you are to a professional sportsman who can't play tennis without injuring himself).

Or ride a motorcycle!