Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Montoya Under Fire

(GMM) Kimi Raikkonen is better than twice world champion Mika Hakkinen. 2007 McLaren driver Fernando Alonso is 'truly an exceptional driver'.

Mercedes-Benz engine chief Mario Illien, however, did not use the same sort of superlatives for the other racer in silver overalls -- Juan Pablo Montoya.

''Losing the constructors' championship was down to Montoya,'' Illien told Italy's Autosprint magazine. ''He should have brought home more points.

''Montoya made mistakes that a driver of his experience should not make.''

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...ntoya/view.html

This has already been discussed, someone delete it!

I seem to have missed that thread - where / under which topic was it discussed ?

Come on ben Ilien is the guy who builds the engines, and he's got the cheek to say jpm cost mclaren the title, its the unreliability of the engines that cost mclaren the title!!

Come on ben Ilien is the guy who builds the engines, and he's got the cheek to say jpm cost mclaren the title, its the unreliability of the engines that cost mclaren the title!!

this is exactly what ilien is trying to tell

how many times merc engines blew when mclaren were running strong and heading for a victory and a potential 1-2

and how many times monty made mistakes when mclaren were headed for a 1-2

If it werent for all the engine problems, kimi wouldnt have had 3 or 4 grid penalties. monty cost mclaren a 1-2 in turkey, and thats about it.

If it werent for all the engine problems, kimi wouldnt have had 3 or 4 grid penalties. monty cost mclaren a 1-2 in turkey, and thats about it.
JPM's mistakes in 2005:

Australia (spun but continued), Canada (DSQ), Germany (Qualifying error), Turkey (left the circuit and allowed Alonso through), Belgium (incident with Pizzonia which was largely but not exclusively the Brazilian’s fault), Japan (crashed after incident with Villeneuve), China (hit a drain cover which all the other drivers avoided, many knowingly so) etc.

That is a pathetic list of 'mistakes'.

- mclaren took blame for canada pit-stop error

- belgium was entirely pizzonia's fault, we all know that

- villeneuve ran jpm off the road in japan. were u even watching or are you thick?

-jpm clearly had no idea the drain cover was loose cos he was right behind kimi and used more kerb.

I can accept the germany quali spin was his own error. He more than made up for it with his brilliant drive from last to 2nd in the race.

Your stupidity is quite irritating

- mclaren took blame for canada pit-stop error

- belgium was entirely pizzonia's fault, we all know that

- villeneuve ran jpm off the road in japan. were u even watching or are you thick?

-jpm clearly had no idea the drain cover was loose cos he was right behind kimi and used more kerb.

I can accept the germany quali spin was his own error. He more than made up for it with his brilliant drive from last to 2nd in the race.

now that yoy have no points to defend montoya ,you start personally attacking me :nono1:

now that yoy have no points to defend montoya

I just made a load of points to defend him, what are you on about!!!

You used senna's ridiculous list of incidents most of which werent jpm's fault at all

The Mercedes engines made more "mistakes" in 2005 than JPM ever will in his entire career.

Also Remember that Kimi himself stuffed up on several occations (farming in Hockinheim, skiing in China...)

Regardless of mistakes made by whoever, a major member of a team should not make these comments about another team member. Its unproffesional, needless, and I wonder what Ilien is trying to achieve by coming out with this. F1 is a team sport; - mclaren not winning the WCC cannot be blamed solely on 1 person. Looks to me like he's just trying to shift the blame cos his engines are faulty

(1) - mclaren took blame for canada pit-stop error

(2) - belgium was entirely pizzonia's fault, we all know that

(3) - villeneuve ran jpm off the road in japan. were u even watching or are you thick?

(4) -jpm clearly had no idea the drain cover was loose cos he was right behind kimi and used more kerb.

(1) It was obviously driver error; JPM simply ignored the red light, and was rightly disqualified. He almost had a collision when exiting the pits too.

(2) It was largely (not but exclusively) Pizzonia

Regardless of mistakes made by whoever, a major member of a team should not make these comments about another team member. Its unproffesional, needless, and I wonder what Ilien is trying to achieve by coming out with this. F1 is a team sport; - mclaren not winning the WCC cannot be blamed solely on 1 person. Looks to me like he's just trying to shift the blame cos his engines are faulty

Indeed, I agree with you no professional F1 outfit would come out the way Don Dennis and Ilien have.

Indeed, I agree with you no professional F1 outfit would come out the way Don Dennis and Ilien have.

:rofl:

:lol: so, any opportunity to hurt mclaren ,and u are ready ,then and there :P

(1) It was obviously driver error; JPM simply ignored the red light, and was rightly disqualified. He almost had a collision when exiting the pits too.

''Losing the constructors' championship was down to Montoya,'' Illien told Italy's Autosprint magazine. ''He should have brought home more points.

JPM's errors were part of the reason they failed to win the WCC. He seems to forget the number of engine failures Kimi had and the team's slow start to 2005 allowing Renault a major head start.

JPM made some mistakes last year, but still not so many as Mario Illien.

I wonder why Mercedes has finally start building its own engines!?!!

Answer: cuz of Mario Illien who don't know how to make an engine

McLaren would do well to remember that they are a team and win or lose as such. Why is it that an organisation as well oiled as Woking, and who obviously have had post season meetings with everyone involved, at all levels, allow this sort of Sh#t stirring idiocy to filter through to the press?

They were ALL to blame. Kimi, Juan Pablo, Mercedes and Ron no doubt should regroup and get on with it. The past is like an old book; once you have read it you should throw it away.

Indeed. He also made few if any attempts to help Kimi and was insufficiently fit to race for a whole season and play a game of tennis.

JPM did not help Kimi once. He helped Renault and Alonso quite a few times though...