Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

New Fears Encircle Monteiro Seat

(GMM) With the launch of a new official website, new fears about Tiago Monteiro's unconfirmed spot at the Midland-owned 'MF1' team have arisen.

Not only is the Portuguese driver missing from the team profile section, unlike confirmed driver Christijan Albers, his backers - including 'Galp' - is not featured in the sponsor area.

The new website can be found at midlandf1.com.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...-seat/view.html

Just an oversite I'm sure ;)

Hmm wasn't his government contributing half the GDP to get him a drive :P

Funny team that, their test driver ran out of money talent, and the second driver has been harping to the world that he's got a contract that the team continues to deny.

Maybe that 10 million check bounced.

Hmm wasn't his government contributing half the GDP to get him a drive :P

Funny team that, their test driver ran out of money talent, and the second driver has been harping to the world that he's got a contract that the team continues to deny.

Maybe that 10 million check bounced.

Narain Karthikeyan paid $30m to get a drive for one season at MF1! That was money down the toilet

5 million

Monteiro is paying 10 million this year.

Monteiro can get in on talent alone. Karthikeyan required the assistance of the Tata Group (India's second largest business conglomerate), state-run refiner Bharat Petroleum Corp and JK Tyres to compensate for his deficient talent.

Monteiro can get in on talent alone. Karthikeyan required the assistance of the Tata Group (India's second largest business conglomerate), state-run refiner Bharat Petroleum Corp and JK Tyres to compensate for his deficient talent.

Indeed, It's a shame he has to pay for such a poor ride.............

Indeed, It's a shame he has to pay for such a poor ride.............

He (NK) was valued by Jordan at

why does senna keep harping on the 30 million fallacy ??

It is $30m to everyone but the Indian fans...

This is old ground; suffice to say that the figure originally reported by F1-live.com, and subsequently quoted by Bajo, Murray, myself and others is indeed reliable. More so than the biased accounts of some of his primary sponsors.

Monteiro is slow.Just too slow for F.1.The only ability he has showed right now is the fact he is a very reliable driver.But he has also been very SLOW and this was no surprise since he has never been particularly impressive in his career before F.1

PS I have also to admit that he deserves the seat at MF1,but just because of that podium he caught in the indy farce and because an uncompetitive rookie or former 250 cc. motorbike champion Max Biaggi would be an even more ridiculous bet for the team

This is old ground; suffice to say that the figure originally reported by F1-live.com, and subsequently quoted by Bajo, Murray, myself and others is indeed reliable. More so than the biased accounts of some of his primary sponsors.

just because something is supported by u, bajo and murray does not make it reliable.

Indeed, If I was a sponsor I would be looth to admit such a sum......

It is $30m to everyone but the Indian fans...

I'm not Indian. I'm not a fan of Narain. The sum was not $30 million, not by a long shot.

Narain Karthikeyan paid $30m to get a drive for one season at MF1! That was money down the toilet

(GMM) With the launch of a new official website, new fears about Tiago Monteiro's unconfirmed spot at the Midland-owned 'MF1' team have arisen.

Not only is the Portuguese driver missing from the team profile section, unlike confirmed driver Christijan Albers, his backers - including 'Galp' - is not featured in the sponsor area.

The new website can be found at midlandf1.com.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/arti...-seat/view.html

To be perfectly honest, its not like we are loosing a future World champion if Monteiro doesn't get a new contract. He's a consistantly avarage driver who will remain a minor team driver or test driver for the rest of his career!

stupidity, obstinacy, some kind of british superiority thing, lack of a purpose in life, subscription to mysterious cults, cannibalism?

No idea :P

maybe something to do with the mental repurcusion of his man having to shell out $ 30 million :eusa_think: