Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Grand Prix Masters 2006...

Following the unprecedented success of the inaugural Grand Prix Masters race in South Africa last November, the series is proud to announce a 2006 campaign which will begin at Qatar

:D Indeed I shall watch for more good news :thbup:

:D Lammers, Stuck and Johansson all had fine carears as sports car drivers also........

I've heard of them all but know most (although very little at that) about Johannson. I know he raced in F1 in the late 80's and early 90's with some tail end teams such as Onyx through the F1 review tapes.

Good news indeed!

I've heard of them all but know most (although very little at that) about Johannson. I know he raced in F1 in the late 80's and early 90's with some tail end teams such as Onyx through the F1 review tapes.

Stefan also raced for Ferrari and McLaren TAG.

It would be great if Hill, Prost, Brundle and the like would sign up. Not so sure about Piquet, but it would be fun to see his rivalry with Mansell rekindled I suppose.

It seems like every racing series needs a Jap so what about Nakajima to spice things up. :lol::lol::lol:

MANSELL SET FOR SILVERSTONE RETURN

35229_1.jpg

Nigel Mansell looks set to return to his old hunting ground in 2006 after the Grand Prix Masters series confirmed it will hold a race at Silverstone in August.

The series, which caters for former Formula 1 drivers over 45 enjoyed a successful debut race at Kyalami in South Africa last November, has confirmed a five-date calendar with the British Grand Prix venue taking centre stage.

"To add more chapters to the history we made at our sell-out event in South Africa is sensational news and I for one cannot wait to get back into action!" said Mansell, who won the British Grand Prix at Silverstone three times.

34448_1.jpg

"For me personally, the special one will of course be Silverstone.

"Racing a thoroughbred grand prix car in-front of a home crowd at Silverstone will be a surreal and mighty experience.

"My last grand prix race there was back in 1992 and was one of many victories that season that culminated in both the Drivers

Apr 29 Losail (Q)

Jun 18 Monza (I)

Aug 13 Silverstone (GB)

Oct 1 TBC

Nov 1 Kyalami

Great news Senna!

After going to the debut race last year, I would highly recommend anyone with a race in their area to go to it!

I will not miss the Nov 1st race! B)

:D Damn! Mansell....Silverstone.............the crowd goes wild!!!! That would be worth the price of admission alone :thbup:

Hopefully, I

I haven't been to Silverstone for 3 years now, but I'll definitely be going on 13th August!

I haven't been to Silverstone for 3 years now, but I'll definitely be going on 13th August!

In my opinion Silverstone is a must see grand prix in the Formula 1 calender... unlike San Marino, Bahrain, Turkey...

In my opinion Silverstone is a must see grand prix in the Formula 1 calender... unlike San Marino, Bahrain, Turkey...

I'm a huge fan of the sport, I will get up in the middle of the night to watch every race. Every event is of great importance no matter where it is held

I'm a huge fan of the sport, I will get up in the middle of the night to watch every race. Every event is of great importance no matter where it is held

No doubt, I watch every race.

But my point here is that I have no desire to spend hard earned money going to a Grand Prix in a country who are only hosting a race because they pay uncle Bernie & Max big money, even though there isn't that great an interest there and NO history in the sport!

Depends where you're sitting and whether or not it's raining.

Rain at the British GP Monza... surely not ;)

Rain at the British GP Monza... surely not ;)

Unbelievable, I know, but it's true I tell you! :lol:

The grandstands provide protection from the elements.

The grandstands provide protection from the elements.

The Luffield stands may have a roof, but weatherproof they are not. In any case, an Englishman is never without his umbrella to guard against inclement weather. Sadly, mine carries the Jaguar name.