Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'Schumi Should Quit Immediately'

'Schumi should quit immediately'

PF1

Michael Schumacher shouldn't wait until the end of the year to quit Formula One, rather he should do it immediately. That's according to former rival Mika Hakkinen.

Schumacher recently admitted that he is considering leaving Formula One at the end of this season.

"Mid-season I will decide if I want to go on or not go on," the seven-time World Champion said.

However, according to Hakkinen, if a driver thinks about quitting, he should do it immediately.

"The first time you start thinking 'shall I retire?', you should do it," the double World Champion told the Daily Mirror.

"Otherwise that will stick in your mind for the rest of your career."

:D Funny how everyone and their mother knows what Schumi should do :lol:

Mika is right. Furthermore, schumi should give a chance to others who are hungry for success in F1. Rossi might be a rising sun .

Mika is not right at all. What suited Mika does not necessarily suit Schu.

You are rught, some of the drivers on the grid should make way for new talent, but that does not include Schu. I could name at least 14 other drivers I would like to see make way before him.

Mika is not right at all. What suited Mika does not necessarily suit Schu.

You are rught, some of the drivers on the grid should make way for new talent, but that does not include Schu. I could name at least 14 other drivers I would like to see make way before him.

Overall, I don't think schumi is a good driver in terms of sportmanship and efficiency.

Overall, I don't think schumi is a good driver in terms of sportmanship and efficiency.

Another Schumi hater spouting rubbish. Michael has had accidents. Some have been deliberate, there! I said it!

But how the hell is he inefficient?

Furthermore, i think the title of this thread is misleading Senna. Hakkinen was quoted as saying that MS should retire at the end of this coming season, not 'immediately'.

I think Mika lost his speed because he realised that he isn't immortal. Adelaide '95 must have always been at the back of his mind. Michael has talked of retirement if the car isn't up to it.

Amongst the many factors which separate Schumi from the rest is the fact that he's still at the top of his profession after so many years, mentally and physically unbeatable. In his wake is a pile of corpses.

Look at his teammates......several of them.....every one of them ground to dust by the speed and intelligence of MS. All retired or moved to another team and rapidly faded into oblivion.

Hill.....admitted he'd been mentally broken by MS. Pathetic, frightened money grabber once he left a superior Williams team.

Villeneuve.....demonstrated how useless he was once he moved from a vastly superior Williams car.

Hakkinen.....burnt out by the effort of duelling with MS for only a few seasons. Became a quitter, basically.

I had the utmost respect for Hakkinen (in his good years). He and Raikkonen (maybe) are only one's of Schumi's competitors worth acknowledging. But he's in no position to tell Schumi what to do.....he isn't and never was in the same league for intelligence and mental toughness and resilience.

I had the utmost respect for Hakkinen (in his good years). He and Raikkonen (maybe) are only one's of Schumi's competitors worth acknowledging. But he's in no position to tell Schumi what to do.....he isn't and never was in the same league for intelligence and mental toughness and resilience.

So Alonso is just utter crap then? :blink:

Amongst the many factors which separate Schumi from the rest is the fact that he's still at the top of his profession after so many years, mentally and physically unbeatable. In his wake is a pile of corpses.

Look at his teammates......several of them.....every one of them ground to dust by the speed and intelligence of MS. All retired or moved to another team and rapidly faded into oblivion.

Hill.....admitted he'd been mentally broken by MS. Pathetic, frightened money grabber once he left a superior Williams team.

Villeneuve.....demonstrated how useless he was once he moved from a vastly superior Williams car.

Hakkinen.....burnt out by the effort of duelling with MS for only a few seasons. Became a quitter, basically.

There are truths in what you say but you have made some pretty sweeping statements which will find no favour with those who already dislike Michael. Hill was hardly pathetic. Villeneuve is not useless and Hakkinen was not a quitter (look how he slogged it out with Mclaren before 98-99 and this was after Adelaide '95).

Michael has carved himself an enviroment which is highly intimidating for his team mates. They have all had the opportunity to demonstrate that they are quicker. None of them have. Some see this as unfair. I see it as brilliantly ruthless.

So Alonso is just utter crap then? :blink:

I think that it's widely acknowledged that Kimi is probably equal to or faster than Michael. That's not to say that th others are slow or that Alonso is 'utter crap'.

Your question is provocative.

I don't know how others may feel, but I for one rate Alonso higher than Kimi. He is, in my opinion, a complete driver, and this at such a tender age. To leave him out of the fray is just stupid. Comparisons to Kimi can be made when Alonso switches to Mclaren when he will be driving in a car that handles similarly to the machinery Kimi has been driving. I think Alonso will be a better driver in the coming years than Kimi, this also, since he has a WDC under his belt which means he can relax a bit more on track.

Just to sift through the rubbish

Just to sift through the rubbish…

Just to sift through the rubbish…

-------------------------------------

Why is....."Amongst the many factors which separate Schumi from the rest is the fact that he's still at the top of his profession after so many years, mentally and physically unbeatable. In his wake is a pile of corpses".....rubbish?

It's fact.

-------------------------------------

Why is....."Look at his teammates......several of them.....every one of them ground to dust by the speed and intelligence of MS. All retired or moved to another team and rapidly faded into oblivion".....rubbish?

It's fact.

------------------------------------

My opinion. Yours is probably rubbish, though you've failed to even express any, so it's difficult to say for sure. All you've done is quote (yet again) from another website.

My opinion. Yours is probably rubbish, though you've failed to even express any, so it's difficult to say for sure. All you've done is quote (yet again) from another website.

Got anything constructive to say? I've given you guidelines to make it easier for you. :rolleyes:

*envisages him scurrying off to find a quote (yet again) from another website*

Redline, I'd be interested to read your response to Dribbler's post. Your talent for exaggeration is admirable, by the way! :P

That quitter advising Michael :lol: , who promptly started boozing as soon as he left F1? Sorry Mika, Michael is a different level of commitment.

Redline, I'd be interested to read your response to Dribbler's post. Your talent for exaggeration is admirable, by the way! :P

I agree lol :P:D

Why is....."Amongst the many factors which separate Schumi from the rest is the fact that he's still at the top of his profession after so many years, mentally and physically unbeatable. In his wake is a pile of corpses".....rubbish?

It's fact.

Why is....."Look at his teammates......several of them.....every one of them ground to dust by the speed and intelligence of MS. All retired or moved to another team and rapidly faded into oblivion".....rubbish?

It's fact.

My opinion. Yours is probably rubbish

Got anything constructive to say?

I am assuming that when you talk about piles of corpses and team mates ground into piles of dust, that you mean metaphorically? I'm assuming this because even someone as full of drivel as you can't really mean that. As far as 'my opinion, yours is probably rubbish' goes, i want you to read that a few times and then ask yourself "should i be taken seriously around here?" If the answer is still yes, then we're all in for some fun.

'Got anything constructive to say?'......my thoughts precisely.

Why shouldn't he enjoy the booze and smokes after he quit?

Indeed if I had his wife I'd crawl into a bottle also............

When Schumi says publicly thet Mika was and has been his biggest rival then it is so.

i think there are 3 kinds of F1 drivers.

1. utter dominators who really live to win and will do anything to win. and have the Balls and SKILLS and NATURAL TALLENT to back it up. thses guys are few and far between. they dont just live eat and breath the sport, but they are the sport and when they race you see that they want it. (you can name these guys on one hand)

1.5. this group are drivers that have skill and tallent, win, live the sport but you can see that they just arent in group 1

2. those who want to be utter dominators and who live for wining but have neither the skills nor the tallent to do so.

2.5 regular drivers who have fun in F1 but really are just place holders to have more cars on the grid.

3. Takuma Sato

each group is lower in skill and overall value to the the sport but the sport could not function without them, exept for group 3.

That quitter advising Michael :lol: , who promptly started boozing as soon as he left F1? Sorry Mika, Michael is a different level of commitment.

What he does post F1 is his choice. He was talking about "when" to quit. Not What to do after you quit. I feel Mika quit at just the right time. He has every right to express his opinion. If he was a "quitter" he would have stopped racing after Adelaide 95.

Indeed if I had his wife I'd crawl into a bottle also............

ha ha ha. :clap3:

Ha! You do know Patrick Head said after Mika won the title in 1998 "Mika may have won the title, but it's Jacques whom Michael fears most". That's just a matter of opinion, but I got the sense that with Mika, he was more confident than with JV. JV had that mongrel in him and wouldn't back away from anything. What happened at BAR had nothing to do with Michael.

"No matter how good he is a driver is always coloured by his car" This is what Sir Frank Williams said about JV after he was dropped by BAR. Useless my foot! If anything, I'd have thought 2005 would have tought you how vital it is to have top line machinery in order to be successful in F1. Guess not.

Hill was hardly pathetic. Villeneuve is not useless and Hakkinen was not a quitter (look how he slogged it out with Mclaren before 98-99 and this was after Adelaide '95).

Well said dribbler. To call Hakkinen a quitter, especially after his near death accident, is a load of bollocks.

I called Hakkinen a quitter because he retired from F1 at a time when he still had more years in him. The reason he quit (apart from a stated desire to spend more time with his family) was that he'd been ground into the dust, mentally, by Schumi. I don't simply mean hiding in the bushes to cry like a baby, I mean his mental stamina over the length of a season. The signs of him buckling under the strain of it all were there for anyone to see. He was burnt out.

Hakkinen's accident and his recovery seem to be a separate Hakkinen......maybe the accident and recovery were the cause of his later mental frailty. Maybe he never fully did recover from his accident.

Still the best opposition Schumi has had since Senna died. Raikkonen's getting there, though.

The whole point of me listing Schumi's adviseries in my first post was to demonstrate just how many have come and gone over the years after brief success (often due to superior cars) and yet, here is Schumi standing on the pile of bodies, still as strong as he ever was.

That takes some doing. To stay up at his level for a couple of seasons is enough for most men.....he's been there for more than a decade

---------------

Schumi was/is cautious with JV because he was just so unpredictable. We're back to the "close your eyes and hope" approach to driving (if you can call it driving in JV's case). Impossible to know what another driver is going to do if he cares zilch for consequenses. Montoya is from the same driving school. Lack of intelligence really seems to help these people.....no surprise. Schumi knew that Hakkinen was a professional in his approach....he knew that the fights with him would be based upon skill and intelligence (which is probably why they were so great to watch).

--------------

I haven't mentioned Alonso, which seems to lead to strange interpretations by some.

Alonso is Spanish.

There ya go! :P

--------------

As for "only giving my opinion".....errrr.....what's this forum for? :mf_tongue:

At least my replies aren't as follows (I quote the member with username "Senna".....)

-- <quote from another website>

-- What are you up to now? You should be banned for this continual folly.

-- You are constantly making mistakes, just like your idol. This is not good.

-- "huh" smilie

-- Yes.

<quote from another website>

-- Just to sift through the rubbish…

-- Redline, all you have presented is a set of your opinions.

-- You sound familiar…

-- BAR missed DR this year…

-- Indeed. Nick Fry is inept.

-- Apparently not. He’s no judge of talent either.

-- Indeed. ‘Kup code’ is almost incomprehensible.

-- Bletchley Park?

-- I think so.

Do I detect some "opinions" amongst all the monosyllables?

Maybe not. :yawn: