Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'Schumi Should Quit Immediately'

It is difficult to rate an actual challenger because just as Renault & Mclaren were a lot quicker than the Red team in 2005, it was the oposite way round for several of MS's championship winning seasons (2001, 2002, 2004). Particularly in 2004 where the Red Bulls monkey would have won the championship in that Ferrari blindfolded and using one hand!

who cares, we're not talking about bloody alonso anyway! we're talking about MS's rivals! of which there have only been Damon, JV, Mika, Kimi/JPM!! (and a bit of DC in 2001)

who cares, we're not talking about bloody alonso anyway! we're talking about MS's rivals! of which there have only been Damon, JV, Mika, Kimi/JPM!! (and a bit of DC in 2001)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA, you are funny Jem :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please remind me which of your mentioned drivers ended Schumachers run of 5 championships in a row... I rest my case!

What case?? So you think Damon Hill was not one MS's rivals. There are books in shops about their rivalry, and now you come out and say there was no rivalry?! Where were you from 1994-1995?? Kimi/JPM were MS's title rivals in 2003. Alonso and MS havent had a rivalry cos in 04 schuey dominated and in 05 his car wasnt up for the fight

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA, you are funny Jem :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please remind me which of your mentioned drivers ended Schumachers run of 5 championships in a row... I rest my case!

with all the mercedes failures, it was handed to alonso, it sort of fell on his lap

with all the mercedes failures, it was handed to alonso, it sort of fell on his lap

Thats very true, but a different debate. wez seems to be completely missing what we're supposed to be talking about here

Thats very true, but a different debate. wez seems to be completely missing what we're supposed to be talking about here

yes i'm not saying that alonso didn't deserve what he got, both kimi and fernando are excellent but the renault engine was more reliable. They will fight for the title again this year

What case?? So you think Damon Hill was not one MS's rivals. There are books in shops about their rivalry, and now you come out and say there was no rivalry?! Where were you from 1994-1995?? Kimi/JPM were MS's title rivals in 2003. Alonso and MS havent had a rivalry cos in 04 schuey dominated and in 05 his car wasnt up for the fight

spot on! :thbup:

Rubbish...

And Jem is only agreeing since he is the president of the Alonso Hate club.

Like I said, and ill say it agian breaking a drivers run of 5 championship in a row, makes you a rival! Dont fool yourself.

Rubbish...

And Jem is only agreeing since he is the president of the Alonso Hate club.

Like I said, and ill say it agian breaking a drivers run of 5 championship in a row, makes you a rival! Dont fool yourself.

calm down nobody hates alonso but you can be realistic can't you?

calm down nobody hates alonso but you can be realistic can't you?

Im tired of having to explain time after time after time that Kimi made several big mistakes during the year include driving the a$$ out of his car unnecessarily. Alonso did what he had to, and won the championship by a BIG margin in the end!

At the end of the day who cares what peoples opinions on it is, because one thing is fact...

Alonso+2005= :king:

thats the most ridiculous thing you've ever typed on here. I beg you to take it back. Im no MS fan but MS certainly didnt win his 94,95,97,00,03 titles due to having dominant machinery

:eusa_think:

Im tired of having to explain time after time after time that Kimi made several big mistakes during the year include driving the a$$ out of his car unnecessarily. Alonso did what he had to, and won the championship by a BIG margin in the end!

At the end of the day who cares what peoples opinions on it is, because one thing is fact...

Alonso+2005= :king:

AMEN to that!

Alonso = :king::1st:

kimi = :frusty::2nd:

Sorry Wez. Usually you're a really sensible guy, but that was a load of bollocks. The rivalry we are discussing stems from a close, season long, battle between drivers. That certainly wasn't the case with FA and M$ in 2005 now, was it?

Sorry Wez. Usually you're a really sensible guy, but that was a load of bollocks. The rivalry we are discussing stems from a close, season long, battle between drivers. That certainly wasn't the case with FA and M$ in 2005 now, was it?

I can see it from that point of view but honestly if Alonso & Kimi wernt rivals of MS this season it would have been 6 in a row for him. :rolleyes:

Particularly in 2004 where the Red Bulls monkey would have won the championship in that Ferrari blindfolded and using one hand!

While I tend to agree that Coulthard could have won the title in the F2004, would he have dominated the season the way Michael did? No way..

While I tend to agree that Coulthard could have won the title in the F2004, would he have dominated the season the way Michael did? No way..

:rofl::clap3::lolroll::lol:

Thats good :clap3:

I can see it from that point of view but honestly if Alonso & Kimi wernt rivals of MS this season it would have been 6 in a row for him. :rolleyes:

Let's agree to disagree. :D

Let's agree to disagree. :D

Fair enough ^_^

Well then all 20 drivers are rivals in your view. Alonso and Kimi were title rivals in 2005. MS was not.

Damon's win in Belgium, whilst he was fortunate that MS crashed, he would've finished 2nd on merit, having outqualified MS's ferrari and overtaken both mclarens at the start. 1 of his best ever performances. No-one can take away his Hungary 97 drive. Set-up, whatever, he was on it that day and was extreeeeemely unlucky not to win

Agreed. Second was the best he would have done. Michael made mince meat of him in the wet.......reminded me of '95 when MS q'd 16th and passed Hill too (in a Williiams).

Schumacher looked quite pushed to me, when he couldn't pass Alonso with a car 2 seconds a lap quicker at San Marino, And when Alonso overtook him twice in sublime fashion in Japan.

Alonso's move on Michael at 130R was great. Lucky for Alonso that Michael is a pro or they would have both been killed. Aero' played a big role at Imola last year. Michael was absurdly quicker than Alonso, but not in his dirty air.

Damon's win in Belgium, whilst he was fortunate that MS crashed, he would've finished 2nd on merit, having outqualified MS's ferrari and overtaken both mclarens at the start. 1 of his best ever performances. No-one can take away his Hungary 97 drive. Set-up, whatever, he was on it that day and was extreeeeemely unlucky not to win

Indeed.

Alonso's move on Michael at 130R was great. Lucky for Alonso that Michael is a pro or they would have both been killed.

Exactly, Michael backed off and that

MS had a colossal advantage in the form of Bridgestone tyres. This can be illustrated through the fact that Narain Karthikeyan ( B) set a faster race lap than Ralf Schumacher (M), Mark Webber (M), David Coulthard (M)

He was told the week prior to Monza. Round 14 of the 16 round championship. In those raced, both scored nothing at Monza, finished 1-2 at Estoril (JV winning) and Hill won at Suzuka with JV retiring due to a loose rear wheel flying off when he was in P4.

As for all this talk about JV being beaten by Button (which he was, but not by as much as most would have us believe), Hill was beaten by Frentzen in 1999, the same Frentzen JV destroyed in 1997, scoring double the points, and 7 wins to HHF's one. Now I know his motivation had all but gone [senna: he was also 39!], but you could say that about JV in 2003, driving for a team boss who did not want you there from as far back as the year previous and amid constant criticism about things such as his salary from his own team boss, something far worse than what Hill had to endure at Williams.

JV's peak season was 1999-mid 2001. My question is do you believe Hill could have gotten more out of that package than JV, especially in the 2000 season, when he was fighting with Ferrari's and McLaren's at some races in a BAR?

My answer, yes.

reasons:

Damon was fighting for wins in an Arrows and Jordan against McLaren and Ferrari. JV was fighting for 3rd place with BAR against the 'same' cars.

JV