Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Yuji Ide To Make F.1 Debut?

31 Years old japanese Formula Nippon veteran Yuji Ide underwent a seat fitting at the Super Aguri factory in Leafield (UK). It seems he is the favourite to join Takuma Sato in the japanese outfit for the coming season altough he might also be in line for the role of test driver.

Yuji Ide started racing back in 1990 in japanese karting,before entering japanese Formula 3 in 1994.He raced there without any major result until 1999 when he switched to GT Cars in the national GT Class B championship,where he finished 2nd.In 2000 he stepped up to the top class GT championship and finished 22nd and decided to step back to japanese F.3 for 2001, driving for Three Bond, and finished the championship 5th overall.

In 2002 he tried his ability in europe, competing in the french Formula 3 Championship for the prestigious Signature outfit but struggled clinching the 7th place overall despite his experience.He went back to Japan for 2003 when he won a drive with Cerumo for the Formula Nippon Championship.He impressed in his rookie season finishing 7th.He also finished 7th in the GT Championship the same year, driving for Impul Nissan.The team decided to give him a seat in their Formula Nippon outfit for the following season,that saw him ending up 3rd overall. Last year he continued racing for Impul and lost the title to another japanese veteran,Satoshi Motoyama, which was seen in action as Jordan and Renault occasional test driver in 2003.

The Japanese tend to start their racing career so late .He started when he was 16 yrs old.

All topics on Japanease Formula 1 drivers should be deleted, because like all his previous countrymen this guy will be utter cr@p!

Ide's achievements don't exactly look worthy of a formula 1 drive. I predict damaged aguri cars

Well when you are number 2 to Sato you must know!

I don't know if he is going to crash..but I would predict that he is going to be SLOW

12 years in the lower formulas without having ever achieved a significant result are enough for me

Ide will learn from the master.

But the question is, what will he learn?? Origami? The correct way to hold a tea bowl? Not driving, that's for sure.

I was just wondering if Jock was going to move over to SA. If he doesn

Looks like Sato will have to shut his eyes and floor it :blink: oh wait he already does that...

Worrying times ahead