Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Mercedes Engine Commemoration Thread

Shiraz is lovely - had a bottle last night. Try a nice Merlot or a Syrah - you'd like them I think.

McLaren will recover (don't they always) but Norbert must sort out those engines. It's no good having a great chassis if you've got no gee gees. Obviously.

Indeed, shiraz is quite nice. I dont know what sorta wine this is but campo viejo (i think thats how its spelt) is very nice indeed.

This (Mercedes' reliability, or lack thereof) is getting beyond a joke now.

Indeed it is :(

im drinking summin called jacobs creek shiraz, its quite yum for wine as i hate wine!

good to see you getting into australian red. jacob's creek produce a good drop for mass marketed wine, i visited their winery. try the orlando label, it's a bit better, a bit more expensive, and from the same region, the barossa valley in south australia.

im sorry! But discussing fine wine is essential. Thanks for the ips taku, ill look out for it. Australian and south african wines are the best! Im not so keen on french wine!

im sorry! But discussing fine wine is essential. Thanks for the ips taku, ill look out for it. Australian and south african wines are the best! Im not so keen on french wine!

Australian Shiraz is very good. Try a rioja as well. For white wine, go for a Rhine german one.

Mmmmm. Rioja.........

And Tempranillo.

*sorry Cav - not much in the way of dead engines today*

:offtopic:

This drunken revelry is quite unsuitable to the atmosphere of this thread :angry::mellow::(:(

It's good to enjoy a glass or two when celebrating anothe Merc engine death :lol:

Mercedes Readies New Engine for McLaren

Written by: RACER staff

London, UK – 2/7/2006

The new McLaren MP4-21 has failed to impress in testing so far.

Arguably the biggest disappointment of pre-season winter testing so far, McLaren is set to try a new spec of its Mercedes-Benz FO 108S engine imminently.

According to autosport.com, the new power plant could hit the track already at this week's Jerez sessions. Besides improved reliability, the revised unit is reportedly 60 horsepower stronger than the one it replaces.

Last month, Kimi Raikkonen made no secret of the fact the unimpressive pace of the new MP4-21 in testing was mostly due to a lack of horsepower, and defined the Mercedes V8 as the team's "weakest link."

In last week's Valencia testing sessions, the V8-powered McLarens were between 1.5s and 2.0s slower than Fernando Alonso's pace-setting Renault R26

speedtv.com

Boom!

60 more ponies? KA-BOOM!!!!

:lol: Yay!! I hope they're insured!

Loyds will insure anything for the right money :lol:

Apparently Montoya drove only 4 laps with the 'new' engine and they're back on V10s again. This is what comes out of trying to torture 60 more horsepower out of the poor engine :(:(:(

I shall put obituaries to all engines on page one. Please feel free to leave flowers anywhere in the thread, I shall compile all flowers on the first page.

Here are mine.

thumb_soft_wreath.JPG

maybe there is good news, they actually finished their test 3rd today with the new engine that compleated 54 laps so maybe they did get a bit more power.

:clap3: Now trhat's a proper set of flowers :lol: