Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Mercedes Engine Commemoration Thread

It is my sad duty to announce that another Mercedes engine joined it's brothers today! In it's last moment it was being sprayed down with fire extinguishers as Kimi was looking over it :(

Spanish TV had images of mechanics spraying the engine

However, it was a difficult return to work for teammate Kimi Raikkonen who was sidelined for much of the day with a gearbox problem.

The Finn did not leave the garage during the afternoon session as his MP4-21 had a minor problem with the gearbox and an engine oil leak, which necessitated both components to be removed in order to complete repairs. This work took the majority of the afternoon and Raikkonen will return to the track tomorrow morning to continye his programme

Must of only been oil fire or something....

I think they managed to save the poor thing through emergency surgery. :mellow:

Merc must have their own trauma unit on standby :(

I read that Mclaren pit crew is training very hard at the firestation. They need the skills to handle the fire. You know, there will be a lot of engines failures this year and they must be quick!

I think they'd be well drilled in the art of handling engine failures by now, it's a pretty common event.

Continuing with examples of the kind of flippant things that are NOT ACCEPTABLE in this thread.

Top Gear around 2 years ago were going to interview Kimi, and as far as I remember, he didn't turn up so they just made it up.

Such made up interviews are not to be posted in this thread :angry:

15 MINUTES WITHOUT

Its just sad that anyone can find any pleasure in putting the always sorry Merc engines down. Take my word for it, they will reign supreme 98' style sooner or later.

Its just sad that anyone can find any pleasure in putting the always sorry Merc engines down. Take my word for it, they will reign supreme 98' style sooner or later.

Welcome topbanana :D

Later could take a long time though... :)

New Mercedes V8 Significantly More Powerful

Mercedes' redesigned V8 engine is an improvement over the initial version, according to McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa.

But with his engine expiring in a cloud of smoke at Jerez last Friday, the Spaniard told the local 'Marca' newspaper that the team 'still has a long way to go'.

''I did feel an improvement,'' the 34-year-old confirmed. ''I do believe that we are on the right track.''

Sources have confirmed that the updated engine is significantly more powerful than the previous Mercedes V8 spec, but de la Rosa is cautious when musing about engine reliability.

''In the coming tests, the focus will very much be on collecting much more mileage,'' he said.

Like much of the F1 fraternity, McLaren will unfurl at Valencia this week, where Kimi Raikkonen will feature on a four day programme.

The Finn said: ''Hopefully we'll be able to complete some more running there.''

paddocktalk.com

i think mclaren are goin to do some real testin in valencia. they got both montoya and kimi for four full days. with two mp4-21's and an extra one with the new livery. Lets all hope it goes well.