Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redline

The Motogp Thread

The last few races havn't been as exciting as before but If you havn't enjoyed them I feel sorry for you.

Indeed. Watching Melandri and Rossi race with such injuries, and performing so well was great to see. Suzuki seem to be on the up as does Roberts Jr. The series is wide open and the racing is very good. Better to have one or two laps of action than none at all (like some F1 races sadly).

Well what an exciting German MotoGP. That must go down as one of Rossi's finest victories. From P11 (10 after Stoner's withdrawal) he made a fantastic start, passed all bikes in front after that and held off the much stronger Honda's. Fantastico!!!

I must give a special mention to Anthony West in the 250cc class. He is in a bike way behind in terms of technology of the factory bikes but qualified P7 and finished there ahead of much faster factory bikes. He is the most underrated racer going around and it's a disgrace that untalented riders with big money get the factory bikes and do nothing whilst Westy rides the lower grade bikes and beats them.

Not surprised Nicky Hayden won, but I'm gutted for Rossi. He now is 51 points behind Nicky and is going to have a real fight on his hands to win the title. He's had amazing luck throughout his career, but this season has been one where nothing has gone right, slow bike, injuries, unreliability. Rossi is still the best rider there, but Honda have a really special bike, they've always had, but now they've got the riders capable of taking full advantage of such a bike.

As for the rest, disappointed with Stoner and Edwards whilst I was pleasantly surprised to see Chris Vermeulen get pole and race for a podium only for his tyres to really let go 2 or so laps from home as he deserved a place on the podium.

Just watched the czech race - a fantastic race as usual!!!

Capirossi catapulted from the start line and was only seen again when he crossed the finish line 8secs ahead of Rossi :clap3:

Rossi & Pedrosa had a clanger of a fight for 2nd & 3rd - how neither came off ill never now - some 1st class racing on display :king:

But a bit gutted for Hayden he ended up finishing in 9th - 1st time ive found myself supporting an american in sport :P

and obviously good to see "the doctor" Rossi up there again but i think this year id rather see somebody else win the title

Yet another great race. The fight between Rossi and Capirossi was brilliant to watch, and Pedrosa's third Is worth a :clap3: .

Rossi Is looking strong for the title, unless Hayden and Pedrosa start winning, and soon!

Congrats to American :usa: Nicky Hayden on his moto gp championship :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Congrats to American :usa: Nicky Hayden on his moto gp championship :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Indeed!!! We waited 9 years for it! I was going to lead the 'Pedrosa hate club' after his bonehead move last race, but he redeemed himself nicely!

Indeed!!! We waited 9 years for it! I was going to lead the 'Pedrosa hate club' after his bonehead move last race, but he redeemed himself nicely!

Indeed he did!!

What a season. Rossi's epic fightback from 50 points down to actually throw It away In the last race. Unbelievable.

Saying that whoever finishes first deserves It! Just like In F1. :thbup:

Rossi made a critical mistake at the important moment, and it cost him the Championship. What else really needs to be said.

Rossi made a critical mistake at the important moment, and it cost him the Championship. What else really needs to be said.

An American won it. That's what needs to be said. Over and over. :D

An American won it. That's what needs to be said. Over and over. :D

Unlike F1, you actually have had some decent American riders in.........no, I can't finish it, I'm laughing too much!! :lol:

I just wish F1 was as exciting to be honest.

It will be now that Schumacher is out of the c#ckpit and the FIA have nobody else to bend the rules for.

It will be now that Schumacher is out of the c#ckpit and the FIA have nobody else to bend the rules for.

????

Nothing to do with it in the slightest, Shane, more to do with the overtaking or lack thereof, amongst other things.

There was plenty of overtaking in 2006, apart from the tracks like Monaco (and there was even a little bit of overtaking there this year). The only real sterile races this year where Spain and Imola, and its the layout of the tracks that scuppers overtaking. Maybe these circuits need to go instead of the decent ones like Suzuka.

However i feel the CDG wing will improve overtaking when its introduced

There was plenty of overtaking in 2006, apart from the tracks like Monaco (and there was even a little bit of overtaking there this year). The only real sterile races this year where Spain and Imola, and its the layout of the tracks that scuppers overtaking. Maybe these circuits need to go instead of the decent ones like Suzuka.

However i feel the CDG wing will improve overtaking when its introduced

Some tracks limit the overtaking, but there's still not enough overtaking even on tracks that are supposed to allow it.

Have a look at the video in Bajo39's sig - that's how F1 racing should be.

However, I don't think this is a discussion for a motogp thread :D

Just wondering has anyone actually been to a MotoGP race - i begrudge paying loads of money now for a good seat at an F1 race now that Schumi has retired & i have just found out that i can get a ticket for the MotoGP race for a 1/4 of the price

ive only got into bikes racing in the last 2 years so just wondering can anyone advise me - should i go or should i swallow my pride & save my money for a F1 race