Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Schumacher Says Renault 'Team To Beat'

Michael Schumacher has singled out Renault as the team to beat in 2006.

The seven-time World Champion is upbeat about his own scarlet camp's prospects, but reckons Renault - the reigning drivers' and constructors' champion - is the 'team to beat' with its new 'R26' racer.

He's probably right but let's see. Normally if Michael is speculating it is to accumulate. In this case he's trying to rub Ron and Kimi up the wrong way i think.. :D

He's probably right but let's see. Normally if Michael is speculating it is to accumulate. In this case he's trying to rub Ron and Kimi up the wrong way i think.. :D

Or he could just be basing his preliminary judgement on what he

Yes...and I fear this is not about to change in the short term....

and here we go, this is the first juicy one from him this year. He's only stirring it up so kimi and jpm retaliate

Yes...and I fear this is not about to change in the short term....

Well, people forget that Mercedes engines have been unreliable for quite a few seasons now

For what I've seen in recent weeks I would say that,AT THE MOMENT, the strongest teams in order of competitivity are:

1.RENAULT

2.FERRARI

3.HONDA

4.TOYOTA

5.SAUBER-BMW

6.MCLAREN-MERCEDES

7.REDBULL-FERRARI

I still don't know where to put Williams since I've never seen how their car compares with the others

For what I've seen in recent weeks I would say that,AT THE MOMENT, the strongest teams in order of competitivity are:

1.RENAULT

2.FERRARI

3.HONDA

4.TOYOTA

5.SAUBER-BMW

6.MCLAREN-MERCEDES

7.REDBULL-FERRARI

I still don't know where to put Williams since I've never seen how their car compares with the others

you have no faith in the Mclaren boys? you know that they will figure it out

you have no faith in the Mclaren boys? you know that they will figure it out

I have faith in the McLaren boys, but not Mercedes

And to think that FA thought his move was a master coup - he would have done better heading to Red Bull in the long run. Vodafone money is not going to make the Merc engines reliable and their talent hemorrhage is not making Maclaren any stronger an outfit!

We have to disgruntled drivers (KR & JPM) going into 2006 - we are bound to see alot of steering smashing as they exit a stricken Maclaren a few times this year. Morale in that team must be at it's lowest ever. What's Ron playing at??

And to think that FA thought his move was a master coup - he would have done better heading to Red Bull in the long run. Vodafone money is not going to make the Merc engines reliable and their talent hemorrhage is not making Maclaren any stronger an outfit!

We have to disgruntled drivers (KR & JPM) going into 2006 - we are bound to see alot of steering smashing as they exit a stricken Maclaren a few times this year. Morale in that team must be at it's lowest ever. What's Ron playing at??

That's a load of rubbish. Red Bull might be making a song and dance at the moment but i bet the never become a front runner. If you think that McLaren are just going to huddle into a corner and cry, you don't know anything about their character. In '98 and '99 they had engine problems but still overcame them. I think everyone is making far too much of their supposed problems at present. Kimi and JPM aren't disgruntled, they are motivated and ready to win.

Stop sensationalizing.

Let's wait and see.

I honestly think Shu and Ferrari are the team to beat. The tire rule was one of the major reasons Ferrari did not have a winning season. Bridgestone could not compete over the long distances. I think the FIA have changed the rules with this thought foremost in their plans, furthermore this change of rules is one of the main reasons that Michelin are leaving the "sport".

MS is great at getting the most out of short, flatout, fast stints and now Bridgestone can go back to supplying tires that cover shorter distances without the worry of wear. Yup Shuey knows how good this season is going to be and you are right he is trying to stir the pot.

Up to recently I always thought Schumi was just an honest guy who said what he thought, without any other motives.

Commentators often mentioned his supreme skill at playing mind games, but I could never see it.

Recently, though, a few of his comments have revealed, if nothing else, a clever political side to Schumi. Maybe it's something he's lapsed into after years of trying to deal with the media. Maybe I simply didn't see it until now.

Anyway, trying to psych Kimi is a waste of time.....like water off a duck's back.

Moantoya is another story.......... :pop::naughty:

Up to recently I always thought Schumi was just an honest guy who said what he thought, without any other motives.

Commentators often mentioned his supreme skill at playing mind games, but I could never see it.

Recently, though, a few of his comments have revealed, if nothing else, a clever political side to Schumi. Maybe it's something he's lapsed into after years of trying to deal with the media. Maybe I simply didn't see it until now.

Anyway, trying to psych Kimi is a waste of time.....like water off a duck's back.

Moantoya is another story.......... :pop::naughty:

kimi absolutely doesn't care what anybody says and that includes ms. He will get in the car and post great times and if the engine lets go, well so be it but he will have driven with all he's got

I honestly think Shu and Ferrari are the team to beat. The tire rule was one of the major reasons Ferrari did not have a winning season. Bridgestone could not compete over the long distances. I think the FIA have changed the rules with this thought foremost in their plans, furthermore this change of rules is one of the main reasons that Michelin are leaving the "sport".

MS is great at getting the most out of short, flatout, fast stints and now Bridgestone can go back to supplying tires that cover shorter distances without the worry of wear. Yup Shuey knows how good this season is going to be and you are right he is trying to stir the pot.

One's allowed to dream!

One's allowed to dream!

Yes but get ready for a lot of crying because of the qualifying format. If all goes well, he will be on the track with 9 other cars

well, renault are the world champions so of course they're the team to beat, but i am impressed how he rates honda. i don't think schumi's playing games, just being brutally honest. he usually is when he assesses the competition pre-season.

well, renault are the world champions so of course they're the team to beat, but i am impressed how he rates honda. i don't think schumi's playing games, just being brutally honest. he usually is when he assesses the competition pre-season.

oh when did he stop playing games? it must have been recently! :secret:

Wow... I agree with Schumacher on this topic... who would have thought.

Wow... I agree with Schumacher on this topic... who would have thought.

I