Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Can Williams Bounce Back?

Can Williams be back at the top?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will ever Grove be back in the top league

• YES
    • NO

I voted yes. The manufacturer teams are only in F1 as long as it benefits them, not because they love the sport. They will leave. Then the privateers will be back, and who do you think will rise to the top? Remember, Williams have been in this situation before. The road back to winning ways may be a long one, but I think they will get there.

I voted yes. The manufacturer teams are only in F1 as long as it benefits them, not because they love the sport. They will leave. Then the privateers will be back, and who do you think will rise to the top? Remember, Williams have been in this situation before. The road back to winning ways may be a long one, but I think they will get there.

Even in the case the manufacturers will leave,will Williams still be alive after years in the midfield?That's the question....When a team is just hoping to survive they can manage it better than a former top team.The sponsors know exactly what they can expect when they give their funds to a small outfit...but if they make a contract with a championship winning team they expect it to be winning again and if it's not the case they can leave soon.That's the main reason why Minardi has survived for so many seasons,while prestigious squads like Lotus,Brabham and Tyrrell have not....

Even in the case the manufacturers will leave,will Williams still be alive after years in the midfield?That's the question....

:huh:

have u been lliving in a different planet

:huh:

have u been lliving in a different planet

I'm referring to what monza gorilla has said "once manufacturers will be gone Williams will come back at the top"..okay but the manufacturers seem set to stay for quite a long time at the moment and this would mean many more years in the midfield for Williams...

Good points you make Cristiano. I appreciate your point of view, but Williams spent quite a few years as a midfield team with not much sponsorship before they started winning. Ok so it cost less in those days, but I think they will survive as long as Frank and Patrick are still there. They are too bloody minded to quit.

Good points you make Cristiano. I appreciate your point of view, but Williams spent quite a few years as a midfield team with not much sponsorship before they started winning. Ok so it cost less in those days, but I think they will survive as long as Frank and Patrick are still there. They are too bloody minded to quit.

Good point mate but even the great Ken Tyrrell had F.1 in his blood,but the british outfit never came to the top once other top teams started having works engines throughout the '80s and it was the start of a long illness that brought it to disappear in 1998 when it was sold to BAT.Obviously it would be sad to lose Frank and Patrick,so I hope they get a works engine supply from 2007,maybe Ford should they finance Cosworth..

okay but the manufacturers seem set to stay for quite a long time at the moment and this would mean many more years in the midfield for Williams...

:lol::lolyes::loljump::lolyes::lolroll::rofl::roll::P

Good point mate but even the great Ken Tyrrell had F.1 in his blood,but the british outfit never came to the top once other top teams started having works engines throughout the '80s and it was the start of a long illness that brought it to disappear in 1998 when it was sold to BAT.Obviously it would be sad to lose Frank and Patrick,so I hope they get a works engine supply from 2007,maybe Ford should they finance Cosworth..

I think we have to wait and see (and hope for the best).

:lol::lolyes::loljump::lolyes::lolroll::rofl::roll::P

You shouldn't laugh too much..an indipendent team just can't afford the manufacturers budgets,it's something proven.Sauber has never been able to fight for the title with customer engines,despite being a very professional and well funded team with often very good drivers (Alesi,Herbert,Salo,Frentzen,Heidfeld,Raikkonen,Massa,Fisichella and at times Villeneuve last year).Now they'll be able to reach that arget,just thanks to BMW.Modern F.1 doesn't allow privateers to fight for victory,Williams desperately needs a works engines supply

You shouldn't laugh too much..an indipendent team just can't afford the manufacturers budgets,it's something proven.Sauber has never been able to fight for the title with customer engines,despite being a very professional and well funded team with often very good drivers

You first said ,"will williams be able to survive "for years" In the midfield "TIll" the manufacturers leave. Williams have not been "in the midfield for Years" .when i point that out ,you say that you were refering to Monza's comments that "once the menufacturers leave",and say they are not leaving,why do you assume "Williams " are going to remain "independant",whilst manufacturers are still part of F1.

now tell me,dont you feel you are contradicting yourself

Anything can happen in f1. But against the might of toyota, honda, ferrari, mclaren and renault? I don't think so. Not in the near future anyway

That could take some time

Are we talking about a comeback this year? If yes, i honestly dont think so, but i dont think that Williams will be as bad as predicted, Williams will bounce back, for 2007 a partnership with Toyota, through Lexus, will be in shape, and i think this could work... SFW and PH are very clever and they know the business as few...

I voted No. Not this season that is sure. I agree that they have been where they are before and maybe in a couple years they might bounce back. But I viewed this thread according to this year, and this year I don't think they will be any better then last year...

Are we talking about a comeback this year? If yes, i honestly dont think so, but i dont think that Williams will be as bad as predicted, Williams will bounce back, for 2007 a partnership with Toyota, through Lexus, will be in shape, and i think this could work... SFW and PH are very clever and they know the business as few...

Few things would change switching from a customer Cosworth deal to a Toyota semi-customer one..top teams have to get a works engine supply to fight at the top

I should clarify my earlier post. They will not return to their form of old in the near (next 2 to 3 years) future, but I expect some manufacturers to fall by the wayside by then, thus levelling the playing field somewhat. At the moment FW cannot compete with those budgets.