Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 SamB

Samuel Said

I said Schumacher drove like cr*p in Brazil, because that's exactly what I thought, but do you think I was too harsh on the guy?? For a Regenmeister, I thought he looked rather pathetic!

No. Overall, he drove like cr*p. Period. And I also appericate that you didnt slam Hakkinen, and said he should just get his act together...

Watching the race I got the feeling that there was something wrong with the car's setup.

I'm not blindly defending Schumi because even a Minardi gave him trouble for a while & at his worst he is better than Minardi at their best.

Tyres maybe?

Last year Ferrari had exactly the same trouble (can't remember the circuit) & it later turned out to be a bad car/tyre combination.

It must have been incredibly bad for Schumacher to spin off in the rain - think back to all his greatest wins in the wet - especially Spain 1996 where he had an absolutely awful car and trashed them all...

Sam, no offense but your columns don't seem very controversial. I am a huge schumy fan but i didn't see you being too harsh on him. I do believe that something wasn't right, after all he is sposed to be the rainmaster, but he didn't drive well. He spun off twice in the wet.

So come on, write something i can sink my teeth into

:biggrin:

[####, have to fix up those typos lol]

(Edited by December at 5:05 am on April 9, 2001)

December

Sick your teeth into?

Now that's a bad visual.

Sam

My point exactly.

In Spain the car was awful in on overall sense but at Interlagos it was unpredictable & thus very difficult to drive even for Schumi.

(Edited by GeoffandSandy at 11:56 pm on April 11, 2001)

What sort of thing could you really sink your teeth into then?

I only brought this up because I had an email from someone accusing me of lowering the tone of this wonderful site... :)

I like your idea, Sam.

Keep up the tone, after all this is F1 we are talking about.

Maybe we could give "awards" after each race e.g.

Schumi--- most spins & recoveries

Verstappen--- fastest brain fade

Coulthard--- most boring drive

Burti--- most anonymous drive

Irvine--- most consistent non-finish

Sam, I guess its just that you write stuff i tend to agree with. I can't imagine you saying anything controversial because most of the stuff you write is sensible. Also, how on earth could you lower the tone of this site? Its a great site but if we all said exactly the same thing it would be pretty boring. Keep doing what you are doing but don't worry about people who disagree with you...it just means they don't agree with me and therefore can't possibly be that important LOL :)

[just kidding for those who may take offense]

Geoff and Sandy....what a GREAT idea! I really like that one.

Particularly burti......i immediately thought...burti who?

LOL

what about these

most country-of-origin-confused team - minardi

most colour coordinated car - sauber

most erratic gridpositonsitter - arrows

:)

Benetton has to be another confused team - they're registered as an italian team - just without any italian bits to it....

I'd hate it if everyone agreed with everything I said all the time - it would get boring then.... :)

Maybe Sam should write a column that is totally off line and then you could all yell at him! hehe, maybe Same you should just say the totally unobvious! Does that make sense?

except me, who would have to put up with abusive emails saying the site is going down hill and Sam's column is too opinionated etc...

;)

I have read your column, but I dont think you were to harsh, you havent really said anything bad at all.

As for bring down the tone of this place I wouldnt worry about it.  

Wouldn't it be a boring place if everyone was trying to be nice, say whats on your mind, dont worry what people will think.

Claire

Maybe we should ask that dreadful Giles Villeneuve person from the F1 cafe to come back as a guest devils advocate.

Now there was one controversial dude.

Be happy Wez we all loves ya (to paraphrase Jeff Fenech)

A couple more awards

Mazzacane---F1 fastest chicane

Marques---most inappropriately named (he doesn't make one)

Barrichello---Brazils finest

December

Only you could think of most colour coordinated

love it!

And Eddie Irvine for the biggest bullsh*tter - he says he feels like Superman on a busy day with all this flying hes doing - why doesn't he drive like it?? I was going to suggest he wears his pants on the outside of his race suit - that'd shave 10 minutes off his average day...! ;)

Right, Sam.

Most of Eddies days are pretty average.

He does drive like Superman, it's the leaping small racing cars with a single bound that he has trouble with.

One thing about street circuits, there are plenty of phone booths for him to change in.

Another "award"

Villeneuve---most hair styles in one season

Frank Williams--least likely to be accused of posessing a sense of humour.

Yes I know the story about their wing but I dont believe Frank had anything to do with it.