Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Weekly Wrap

Hey all,

The Weekly Wrap is unfortunately delayed until the end of this week due to a nice pile of papers sitting on my desk that need to be handled. As bad as it may sound, this may happen occasionally this coming spring as I can expect a proper workload every now and then outside of TotalF1.com..

I promise you I'm doing my best, though :)

cheers

Jens

Yeah, we can wait to read your absolutelly biassed wraps :naughty:

i am sure this week's wrap has got something to do with mercedes engines :naughty:

i am sure this week's wrap has got something to do with mercedes engines :naughty:
:lol:

The Weekly Wrap

Mclaren Unveils Chrome Snail

Mclaren has today unveiled its new MP4-21 car for the 2006 season, which it hopes will allow its drivers to fight for the world championship with even greater fiercity than last year. Onlookers were most dazzled when the covers came off to reveal a simply astounding paint scheme graced with black, red, and a highly exclusive chrome finish. To be entirely honest, the car is phenomenally beautiful. I remember when Mclaren revealed its West-sponsored livery in 1997, but this is exponentially more fantastic.

It'd be real good fun to keep on tell you all about how great it is that the car looks fantastic and will thus go on to win every race of the year by at least a margin of three and a half laps, taking every fastest lap along the way. From the pole. Unfortunately, I'll be taking the road less travelled by, since if pre-season testing is anything to go by, Mclaren will be one of the stinkers in 2006.

To start off with, the engine is utter crap. And to continue, the engine is utter crap. In conclusion, the engine is utter crap. As I ranted on a couple of weeks back, Mercedes have provided Mclaren with the ugly puppy that everyone feels sorry for but doesn't want. Just that everyone doesn't feel sorry for Mclaren, because they're laughing at them. I simply love how the new car was unveiled, because usually there's the endless technical jargon about how the drag coefficient has been brought down by a millionth and how the suspension is now built with a material that costs roughly twelve times more and can only be found in the Brazilian jungle.

Mclaren, however, went another direction. Ron Dennis didn't have his technical team on the microphone, and rather let marketing man Ekrem Sami tell the audience about how the new livery is “revolutionary” and how it shall be the “foundation of the team's livery for many years to come.” Pity, then, that looks don't go too far when it comes to winning championships. For example, I thought the Jaguar looked amazing when it was revealed for the 2000 season, but it didn't do too much, did it?

Even Kimi R

huh?

Narain and myself were joking about the wraps, he said some days ago that next weekly wrap was going to be about McLaren and as you can see he was right. I

Narain and myself were joking about the wraps, he said some days ago that next weekly wrap was going to be about McLaren and as you can see he was right. I

At this rate, the next wrap will be about who won the championship :naughty:

Yeah, of course... About the one who won the Moto GP or the one who won NASCAR. If Kimi would have won we would have had 7 wraps talking about it :naughty:

Yeah, of course... About the one who won the Moto GP or the one who won NASCAR. If Kimi would have won we would have had 7 wraps talking about it :naughty:

Don't worry he'll win this year :clap3:

Don't worry he'll win this year :clap3:

Testing does not provide much reason to be optimistic for those who support the guys from Woking and their star driver, Kimi

Don't worry boys, I think I'll get around to Fernando around 2012.. :)

Reason a Wrap never actually appeared about that is two-fold: for one, it was the period where I was even busier than I am now (meaning I actually wasn't writing a Wrap that week) and, secondly, Fernando's championship win was so unastounding towards the end of the season that I just didn't feel like it in my tiredness (I do admit I didn't see the Chinese GP which was, supposedly, a corker).

Got a problem with Mercedes engines? I love whining about them, it makes me tingle. Biased? Most definitely. I wouldn't write the Wrap if I couldn't be biased, hell it'd be boring as c#ck. Freedom of speech.. it's all over the press these days ;)

I promise the next Wrap will be about cauliflower and vegetable farming in general.

I promise the next Wrap will be about cauliflower and vegetable farming in general.

Freedom of speech is ok but some of your wraps are IMO an insult to our inteligences. :wacko:

indeed. you seem to focus purely on mclaren and kimi. Maybe you should consider writing about other drivers and teams as well as mclaren! Though they are good to read, just a little too much on mclaren :)

So what?

Why don't some of you other erudite types produce your own 'wrap'? I quite like them as they are, and take them at face value. none of the contents colour my judgement in any way. I think you're all taking it too seriously.

Freedom of speech is ok but some of your wraps are IMO an insult to our inteligences. :wacko:

Jens puts a lot of his spare time into preparing his regular articles here at TotalF1.com.

You are free to have your own opinion on the 'Wrap', but seriously, no one forces you to read it and if you don't like what he writes, dont read it.

cheers

Wes

Jens puts a lot of his spare time into preparing his regular articles here at TotalF1.com.

You are free to have your own opinion on the 'Wrap', but seriously, no one forces you to read it and if you don't like what he writes, dont read it.

cheers

Wes

Hey!!!! What a hell is this post?

I put a lot of my time in this website as well :angry:

I haven

as i said, i still like reading them, just i think there should be mentioned on other teams. just a suggestion!

as i said, i still like reading them, just i think there should be mentioned on other teams. just a suggestion!

Be carefull Ben... you may have some troubles if Wes read this post :naughty: