Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose11

2006 Winter Olympics

So tomorrow sees the start of the winter olympics from Turin, Itlay. Personally I cant wait for this to get going. I prefer the winter olympics over the summer games and this years should be a lot of fun.

What events you likely to watch? Heres my personal guide to some events with a rating out of 10:

Giant Slalom/Downhill - Speed, speed, speed this is extremely exciting and great to follow as the times are often within miliseconds of one another.... 8

Snowboard

I'll be sure to tune in and watch the opening ceremony atleast, I won't be able to see most of it due to coursework and such.

Sould be quite good though.

I'll be watching the speed skating, ice hockey, luge and bobsleigh and skiiing.

It has been great so far.

Yesterdays Biathlon was excellent (I just love that event, probably one of the hardest at the games), the mogols was real fun too with a Canadian woman taking the win, and then some good speed skating with a US gold.

Today has been a great start also, the qualifying rounds of the half-pipe snowboarding was great and the alpine downhill was superb with the French guy taking the shock win. The halfpipe is back on for the final shortly so that should be fun.

It has been great so far.

Yesterdays Biathlon was excellent (I just love that event, probably one of the hardest at the games), the mogols was real fun too with a Canadian woman taking the win, and then some good speed skating with a US gold.

Today has been a great start also, the qualifying rounds of the half-pipe snowboarding was great and the alpine downhill was superb with the French guy taking the shock win. The halfpipe is back on for the final shortly so that should be fun.

Canada's looking good 16-0 in women's hockey against Italy and Jen Heil gets a gold in moguls. sweet!

Go Canada and oh yeah, Go Jacques! :clap3:

Nobody been watching any of this lately to comment on? It has been outstanding. A silver for the British girl Shelley Rudman in the womans skeleton last night was out first medals. Still pretty much every sport in there has impressed me and theres a lot I could get really into. The snowboarding has been great. And the best of the lot, the Ice hockey is underway!

We're getting pretty much everything on a big delay here, so I try to avoid this thread so as not to get any results. It's been a great games so far and since everything has been packed into a 4 or so hour highlights package, I've seen pretty much everything.

Firstly, great to see us get another Gold through Begg-Smith in the moguls. Yeah he was born in Canada, but he's an Aussie now! Really enjoyed watching the snowboard half pipe and snowboard cross, whilst the downhill and combined skiing is great, like watching F1 quali runs. The luge was, well, wild, at least in the case of the women and I can't wait for the bobsleigh to start, whilst the speed skating has been cool, especially the team pursuit event.

Finally the Ice Hockey has started but we've only got 10 min highlights of both Canada games (which suits me fine seeing as I'm a fan of the Canadian team) but I'd prefer to see alot more hockey.

Yep thankfully we're getting all the hockey games live on interactive so thats great stuff. The mens hockey is really heating up. I too am cheering for Canada in that!

Some events have been great that is true. Bobseligh, Skeleton and Luge remind me of F1 qualifying a lot also.

Too bad about your hockey team :blush:

I believe yours is doing even worse mate! :P

The canadian men's hockey team has been playing like chumps in the last 2 games. Finland has played really well, they deserved the win. Typical, look at us we are the millionaires, we are the TV stars we are the best in the world we will crush them all. Time for a reality check you lazy bums!

Fair play to Finland, they really deserved the win. Canada were sluggish to say the least in the first period and Finland deserved a two goal lead. That puck didn't want to go in for Canada in the second and third periods and the Finns could go all the way.

Since a couple events were cancelled due to weather we got highlights of two games!!!! Might sound like not much to most of you but for me that's a bonus considering we don't get any coverage of NHL whatsoever and highlights of the Olympic tournament aren't long. We got 20 min or so highlights of the Canada v Finland game and Russia v Latvia game.

Fair play to Finland, they really deserved the win. Canada were sluggish to say the least in the first period and Finland deserved a two goal lead. That puck didn't want to go in for Canada in the second and third periods and the Finns could go all the way.

Since a couple events were cancelled due to weather we got highlights of two games!!!! Might sound like not much to most of you but for me that's a bonus considering we don't get any coverage of NHL whatsoever and highlights of the Olympic tournament aren't long. We got 20 min or so highlights of the Canada v Finland game and Russia v Latvia game.

Hockey is probably not that important for most viewers in Australia

I believe yours is doing even worse mate! :P

1-2-1 your right but we don't live and breath hockey :D Canada isn't supposed to lose

Hockey is probably not that important for most viewers in Australia

You're right, I was just being a little selfish as there are a few sports which get coverage here which bore be! I remember a few years ago we used to get a highlights show, I think it was called 'NHL Powerplay' or something like that and it was good enough for me. Ah well, thank goodness for the internet.

Are there any NHL fans on here? If so who do you support? I'm a Dallas Stars fan.

You're right, I was just being a little selfish as there are a few sports which get coverage here which bore be! I remember a few years ago we used to get a highlights show, I think it was called 'NHL Powerplay' or something like that and it was good enough for me. Ah well, thank goodness for the internet.

Are there any NHL fans on here? If so who do you support? I'm a Dallas Stars fan.

Sorry Canadian hockey fans <_<

While NHL hockey took the year off last year professional poker took it's place on the tele and pulled better ratings, now that hockeys back on it still can't beat out poker :lol:

Both Canada and USA out in the quarters, major shock, in my view anyways.

YES!!!!!

SWEDEN IN THE MENS (and ladys..) ISHOCKEY FINAL!!!

To make it perfect they will play against Finland! GREAT!!!

Congrats to your teams :thbup:

Finland v Sweden should be a great match. The Finns are running hot whilst Sweden looked good in the semis. I can't wait to see it.