Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Montoya's Future In Blue

(GMM) According to reports in the Spanish press, Juan Pablo Montoya could be eyeing a future at Renault.

The 'Marca' newspaper says 30-year-old Montoya's manager, Julian Jakobi, has already staged 'some meetings' with the Enstone based team, after McLaren declined to take up an option on his current deal for 2007.

However, the sports publication added that Jakobi - of the CSS Stellar management company - has not yet met with Renault's influential F1 principal, Flavio Briatore.

It is possible that Renault would see Montoya, a Colombian who debuted in F1 for Williams in 2001, as an ideal replacement for McLaren-bound Fernando Alonso.

Spanish-speaking 'JPM' would also fit in well with Renault's existing sponsors, such as major Spanish backer Telefonica.

It would give me a reason to like Renault I suppose! Hopefully this rumour will hurry Ron up to re-sign JPM. If JPM really does move to Renault, it might not be all that bad, considering Renault are now an established top team. I just want JPM to keep winning!

What about JP moving back to BMW??? that would be a good move as well.

Don't know yet whether that would be a good move, havent seen BMW compete as their own works team over a full season

Juan Pablo's management seem more interested in Renault than BMW Sauber,since,according to many sources they have already started negotiations with the team at Valencia and Jerez.Renault have more than a reason for signing Montoya.They have lost Mild Seven and they can't lose even Telefonica.The spanish giant is furious to have lost Alonso,but since they are also active in Latin America (and even brazil) Montoya would be the ideal replacement at the moment in terms of marketing opportunities.Furthemore is a much more marketable and attractive option than a Fisichella-Kovalainen line up.In facts despite I consider Fizzy quicker than him,he is fairly more aggressive and can attract more fans than the roman being a great carachter.

P.S. The fact Dennis would let JPM got to Renault probably means he is keen on retaining Kimi to form his dream team line up!!!Let Ferrari sign Rossi and Renault sign Montoya Ron!!A lineup of Alonso+Raikkonen would prove Rossi+Massa or Montoya+Kovalainen lineups as a no match for McLaren!!!

Juan Pablo's management seem more interested in Renault than BMW Sauber,since,according to many sources they have already started negotiations with the team at Valencia and Jerez.Renault have more than a reason for signing Montoya.They have lost Mild Seven and they can't lose even Telefonica.The spanish giant is furious to have lost Alonso,but since they are also active in Latin America (and even brazil) Montoya would be the ideal replacement at the moment in terms of marketing opportunities.Furthemore is a much more marketable and attractive option than a Fisichella-Kovalainen line up.In facts despite I consider Fizzy quicker than him,he is fairly more aggressive and can attract more fans than the roman being a great carachter.

P.S. The fact Dennis would let JPM got to Renault probably means he is keen on retaining Kimi to form his dream team line up!!!Let Ferrari sign Rossi and Renault sign Montoya Ron!!A lineup of Alonso+Raikkonen would prove Rossi+Massa or Montoya+Kovalainen lineups as a no match for McLaren!!!

What about Ferrari lineup being MS+Rossi? Lineup with close to 15 (7+6 or so atm?) WC :P

Hmm. Why would JPM move to a team that doesn't seem to have any long term plans? Deciding year on year whether to stay in F1 seems a strange idea to me. BMW would be a better bet, as they are just starting out on their adventure. Renault must commit to, say, a 5 year programme if they are going to convince anyone that it's worth signing.

What about Ferrari lineup being MS+Rossi? Lineup with close to 15 (7+6 or so atm?) WC :P

In Italy (La Gazzetta de lo Sport) it has been reported that Rossi will drive for Ferrari only if MS continues racing. According to this source Ferrari doesn

Renault must commit to, say, a 5 year programme if they are going to convince anyone that it's worth signing.

I agree with with you!

Renault should decide now if they want to stay in F1, otherwise all drivers will not drive for them.

I agree with with you!

Renault should decide now if they want to stay in F1, otherwise all drivers will not drive for them.

Absolutelly. Apparently that was a crucial factor in Alonso

Surely money was also a principle consideration, although not many people have mentioned it. F1 Racing Magazine estimated that Alonso was just getting around $9m p.a. this year compared to the likes of Raikkonen, Ralf (why?) and MS on $22m, $25m, and $35m p.a. respectively.

Bien sure mon ami :)

Surely money was also a principle consideration, although not many people have mentioned it. F1 Racing Magazine estimated that Alonso was just getting around $9m p.a. this year compared to the likes of Raikkonen, Ralf (why?) and MS on $22m, $25m, and $35m p.a. respectively.

it is all too obvious to be worth mentioning....

you'd sure hope he would considering he is one of only three WDC's on the grid, and if he wins again may be the only one on the grid come '07 if M$ retires and JV has another shocker this year.

As for JPM, the move to Renault makes sense in that it is a top team and the sponsor requirements, but as with most posters, I'm in alot of doubt as to Renault's future in the sport, I believe that played a pretty big part in Alonso leaving in the first place ie. no guarantees as to the future of the team.

I believe that played a pretty big part in Alonso leaving in the first place ie. no guarantees as to the future of the team.

It was reported (here in Spain) that Renault only could guarantee this year and the next one (06-07) It was reported as well that Renault offered FA "only" about 15 million euro per year

Bien sure mon ami :)

El mejores merecen los mejores sueldos!!!

Of course it's about money but long term drive as well. I think that flavio might have told fernando that renault was out after 2007 so he looked at other offers. It's a big chunk of change but he could have gotten a lot more if he had waited a couple of months to sign.

:clap3: Your spanish is amazing Wesley... Only one mistake in your statement, the article should have been Los instead of El. Keep studying, you will have to use it in order to talk with the spanish girls :D

:clap3: Your spanish is amazing Wesley... Only one mistake in your statement, the article should have been Los instead of El. Keep studying, you will have to use it in order to talk with the spanish girls :D

or mexican friends! :D

What does that translate to?