Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Rossi Closer To F1 Switch

ROSSI CLOSER TO F1 SWITCH

ITV

35819_1.jpg

Valentino Rossi is seriously considering a switch from MotoGP to Formula 1 in 2007 following his impressive test with Ferrari at Spain

Rossi switch to F.1 depends on what Schumacher and Massa will do.If Schu decide to continue and Massa does well (and he is actually doing fine in testing according to the engineers),according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport there would be no place for Vale.But,even with Schu retiring,Ferrari's main target would obviously be Kimi Raikkonen and not Rossi.

Just because i cook a great roast doesn't necessarily make me a chef.

Rossi switch to F.1 depends on what Schumacher and Massa will do.If Schu decide to continue and Massa does well (and he is actually doing fine in testing according to the engineers),according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport there would be no place for Vale.But,even with Schu retiring,Ferrari's main target would obviously be Kimi Raikkonen and not Rossi.

Yeah!!! I have writen this in another thread, it makes sense and La Gazetta is a very good source

Just because i cook a great roast doesn't necessarily make me a chef.

Indeed, but apparently Rossi wants to go professional.

Rossi will struggle to win - Alonso

F1 champion Fernando Alonso thinks that Valentino Rossi will struggle to win in Formula One, if he does make the much hyped switch from MotoGP. When asked by the Cadena SER radio station if he thought Rossi could win in F1 Alonso replied, "No, I don't think so."

"It's like if I would try racing motorbikes," Alonso added. I could participate, have fun but I could never beat the likes of Pedrosa. I couldn't beat people that started racing mini-bikes when they were only a few years old."

Alonso has been setting the pace in winter testing and added that he sees Michael Schumacher being a major threat in 2006.

I think if Ferrari really saw potential in Rossi, they'd be willing to drop Massa. Whether Schumacher continues in 2007 or if he retires and they pick up Raikkonen.

I think if Ferrari really saw potential in Rossi, they'd be willing to drop Massa. Whether Schumacher continues in 2007 or if he retires and they pick up Raikkonen.

Massa is not an old slow driver....he is young and has talent and should he perform well this year how could Ferrari drop him?furthemore it seems that Todt is not a fan of the Rossi idea,cause he has great faith in Massa (his son Nicolas is also Felipe's own manager).It seems that Di Montezemolo is the great fan of the Rossi to F.1 switch,but to me everything it's fair,should Massa perform there would be no place for Rossi,and this would be the right thing to do,I repeat Massa is young and has room for improvement,Rossi is a total rookie.

Massa is not an old slow driver....he is young and has talent and should he perform well this year how could Ferrari drop him?furthemore it seems that Todt is not a fan of the Rossi idea,cause he has great faith in Massa (his son Nicolas is also Felipe's own manager).It seems that Di Montezemolo is the great fan of the Rossi to F.1 switch,but to me everything it's fair,should Massa perform there would be no place for Rossi,and this would be the right thing to do,I repeat Massa is young and has room for improvement,Rossi is a total rookie.

How long is Felipe's contract?

:rolleyes2::wacko:
:wacko: yourself, you don't think that FM was told to take it easy so the other one can shine?

You're not going to change the world cav!

Blinders off please

I think Alonso is making his comments out of spite that he wouldn't be able to make it on two wheels, while Rossi actually can make it on four ;)

I think Rossi could do it, and it'd definitely be interesting, he's quite a character and F1 needs that! He'd need to test a crapload during the coming year to gather experience with the car, and I think he'd have a bit of trouble at the start in actual racing situations. It is a different world than on bikes.. But overall I think he's up to it and I'd love to see him in F1, and any day in a a Ferrari over Massa!!

I think Alonso is making his comments out of spite that he wouldn't be able to make it on two wheels, while Rossi actually can make it on four ;)

I think Rossi could do it, and it'd definitely be interesting, he's quite a character and F1 needs that! He'd need to test a crapload during the coming year to gather experience with the car, and I think he'd have a bit of trouble at the start in actual racing situations. It is a different world than on bikes.. But overall I think he's up to it and I'd love to see him in F1, and any day in a a Ferrari over Massa!!

Cav, You'll find that I never said that I hated Ferrari, because I don't, and hate is a huge word. Aside from taking your blinders off , you need to work on your paranoia. Other than that, I'm sure your ok

Undoubtely VR would have more chances in F1 than FA would in Moto GP but there

LUCA can put anybody he wants in that car, nobody will tell him different and he happens to like rossi a lot. What are you going to do?

Don

I hope Rossi makes the switch. He's done everything there is to do in bikes, and I think he'd be a worthy competitor in F1. Alonso makes a point, however it is far easier to switch from two wheels to four in comparison to a switch from four to two. If anyone is capable of it, it is Valentino. Anyways, there are more tests planned, and that should give us a better picture as to how he will go (he has to test alongside the other drivers in the 248 for us to really make a proper judgement).

I wish Rossi would p**s off and never come back. Not only does he have stupid hair, there are many many young drivers out there desperate to move up the ranks and get into f1, even with an uncompetitive team, and have been driving since they were kids. If Rossi jumps into f1 straight into a ferrari it would be massively unfair to all those who have worked all their lives for the opportunity. I think it would be unprofessional of ferrari to give him a drive just cos he's a famous motorcycle rider, but then ferrari were sent straight from hell so it wouldnt be surprising