Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

German GP In Jeopardy

nooo not another circuit i like going. ****s sake, why cant bernie cut them some slack and actually allow racing to go ahead. its all about money with him, not the sport!

nooo not another circuit i like going. ****s sake, why cant bernie cut them some slack and actually allow racing to go ahead. its all about money with him, not the sport!

I can understand your displeasure: Jenson always does well at the revised Hockenheim circuit.

he did well at the original hockenheim too! Indeed the reason im most upset about this is cos Hockenheim is a circuit jenson does very well on, and if his car is a race winner this year, hockenheim will be home to a jenson win!

he did well at the original hockenheim too! Indeed the reason im most upset about this is cos Hockenheim is a circuit jenson does very well on, and if his car is a race winner this year, hockenheim will be home to a jenson win!

I thought as much!

Yes, I probably prefer the old layout too (it had character and produced some really good races but the circuit was a tad boring though...and difficult to police) but the new circuit does also provide exciting races

The new layout's hardly unique, the old one was. And it doesn't produce enough ovetaking to justify emasculating the old circuits. I personally loved the long straights and the tight stadium section - amazing contrasts on a track. Am I right in thinking that the chicane between the two straightish sections didn't exist or was not so slow earlier?

I think the circuits are getting too slow :(

the old curcit was really great, it was special, it had that same natural feeling as spa, just driving through the pines. and the straits allowed for feeling for speed, something you dont really get on tv. its much more noticable when your standing next to the track and you can see the cars go by

I won't be too fussed if Hockenheim isn't there, I'm still pi$$ed that Spa isn't going to be on the calendar this year, but it really is alarming how alot of tracks are having money problems.

I wonder if this is what is meant by Bernie Ecelstone's Name?

B ---- Bring

E ......Euro's

R ......Right

N ......Now

I ......In

E .....Envelope

Albeit would have to be VERY LARGE envolope, maybe even one of those Security Vans.

How much MORE money does this GUY NEED ? 10% increase per year for the privelege of a track holding a GP. for WHAT ?????

In this instance I don't think its Bernie's fault - the circuit itself is in massive debt, this is out of Bernie's control. It'd be really annoying if Hockenheim was to be cancelled as well, cos then we'll be down to 17 races

It is a shame as it is a good track not as bad as spa being off this season though
:welcome: hobbit

are you a Jenson 'touched by the hand of god'Button fan

he commands immense respect at "totalf1 :D

The new layout's hardly unique, the old one was. And it doesn't produce enough ovetaking to justify emasculating the old circuits. I personally loved the long straights and the tight stadium section - amazing contrasts on a track. Am I right in thinking that the chicane between the two straightish sections didn't exist or was not so slow earlier?

I think the circuits are getting too slow :(

You are right. The chicane was added to slow the track down, but I'm afraid I can't remember when this was done.

You are right. The chicane was added to slow the track down, but I'm afraid I can't remember when this was done.

If I remember correctly, it was added after Patrick Depailler died in a testing accident on Friday the 1st of August 1980...

damn. Wish he didnt die, imagine today's cars going on without the chicanes...massive.

The FIA should change the cars, not the circuits. Getting rid of downforce almost completely would make for some great passing, more overtaking on braking, and lessen the needs for all the chicanes. Making racing more about mechanical grip than downforce would make the races a little more interesting.

damn. Wish he didnt die, imagine today's cars going on without the chicanes...massive.

:( On a side note, it

I agree entirely. AR5 seems to trivialise Patrick's death because it has spoiled his viewing pleasure. If that's not what he meant then it is a poor choice of words.

I agree entirely. AR5 seems to trivialise Patrick's death because it has spoiled his viewing pleasure. If that's not what he meant then it is a poor choice of words.

That was my point exactly. I

Indeed it is. Happily it is exceedingly rare nowadays. It used to happen all too frequently.

Indeed. From what I've read and seen since becoming an F1 fan, I'm kind of glad I missed that era of racing for that reason.