Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'Nico's Overtaking Got Him Drivers Seat'

'Nico's overtaking got him drivers seat'

PF1

In a recent interview with Auto Blid Sir Frank Williams defended giving 20 year-old Nico Rosberg the drivers seat ahead of the more experience Alex Wurz as well as explaining how his relationship with former business partner and friend Marco Theissen is currently.

Despite going their separate ways in terms of their business relationship Sir Frank say he still regularly chats with BMW boss Dr Mario Theissen.

Williams says he often talks to Theissen, unlike his partner Patrick Head, who is believed to not be on the best terms with the BMW man, following the split of BMW Williams.

''Some people advise me to the contrary, but I still talk regularly on the telephone to Mario (Theissen).'' Williams told Auto Bild.

Williams does not believe his team cannot work with a manufacturer but that he believes his team will work best with their current allies.

''It is wrong to say that our culture does not fit in with a manufacturer. But probably Renault, and now the Cosworth people, are easier for us to work with than BMW were'', he explained.

Some have suggested that the Williams team were incorrect to choose young Nico Rosberg as Mark Webbers driving partner this year when they have Alex Wurz on their books, and that the only reason Rosberg got the drive was to attract sponsors. A claim Williams vehemently denies.

''Absolutely, no,'' Williams said.

''What impressed and convinced me of his potential was his aggression during (GP2) races last year. Watching him overtake was like watching a dancer.''

Watching him overtake was like watching a dancer.''

What? Stupid, embarassing and unco-ordinated? Oh, that's just my dancing........ :blush:

my dancing would not be allowed to be seen before the watershed, well its only like that after a few drinks but still. I managed to make a mates bf hate me as i danced with her quite dirty. As it stands, he regards me as a threat! :lol: and yet me and steph have been mates for years and i dont find her even remotely attractive :lol:

I find it strange that williams gives a race drive to a young rookie with no f1 experience, and gives the 3rd driver role to Wurz who has been in f1 for almost 9 years now. I guess Frank just has an affection for aggressive drivers who look like feisty racers

I find it strange that williams gives a race drive to a young rookie with no f1 experience, and gives the 3rd driver role to Wurz who has been in f1 for almost 9 years now. I guess Frank just has an affection for aggressive drivers who look like feisty racers

Guys, there's nothing strange about Nico, Frank is cheap and he's thinking of retirement. He will get the kid with the most potential for the least amount of money. It's a gamble but he's had success in the past

Nico is fantastic at overtaking - those who did not have the audacity to watch the inaugural GP2 series missed out.

well if it could see it i would have.

Yea I've got sky sports and I've never seen it on tv, although A1 seems to be on all the time

no, GP2 was on Eurosport and it was also shown on ITV a weekend after the actual race in highlighted form during the day. No excuse for british viewers.

Wurz started his F1 career well and then faded. It's only in his test role that noises have been made about him. He's nothing exceptional, IMO.

Wurz started his F1 career well and then faded. It's only in his test role that noises have been made about him. He's nothing exceptional, IMO.

Be nice to Wurz, it

It seems like he is a heck of a tester, according to the experts...

It seems like he is a heck of a tester, according to the experts...

Pulling a trigger on a gun all day doesn't mean i can shoot straight.

Pulling a trigger on a gun all day doesn't mean i can shoot straight.

I don't think that really works but well done for trying

Nico is fantastic at overtaking - those who did not have the audacity to watch the inaugural GP2 series missed out.

Whatever he did doesn't change the fact he is just a rookie. B)

I don't think that really works but well done for trying

Well, i'm all ears for a better analogy! :P

Whatever he did doesn't change the fact he is just a rookie.

No it doesn't, but everyone needs to get a break sometime.

No it doesn't, but everyone needs to get a break sometime.

Too true. That young Finnish bloke hasn't turned out too bad. They worried that he wasn't worthy of a super license.