Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Mercedes Engine Is The Least Powerful On The Grid

Mclaren - with the weakest engine??? That's a whole lot of ****!!!

Let's just sit back and let the people in Woking do what they do best...

Don't you think all those critics should be scared that Mclaren could set the pace even though they have what they call the "weakest" engine out there?

Imagine what more can they do with a dozen or so more ponnies...

:icon2_flag:

Winter testing is not an accurate guide, the cars are not scrutinised therefore you can run the car underweight or overtuned engine to run a handful of quick laps, put on super sticky tyres etc. etc. to get a good one lap time.

I would rather the sites report the best average lap for the day taking into account their long runs to see has "consistent pace", rather than a one lap wonder.

Valencia is a very tight and twisty track so raw power isn't a major requirement. As hollywood says, let's wait until the season starts proper.

Welcome XZibit!!!!!

Welcome Filipino!!!!!

I am a proud Mclaren supporter too. I think Mclaren are going to win all the championships this season. WE should get a clearer picture of who the strong contenders are from the current test.

Winter testing is not an accurate guide, the cars are not scrutinised therefore you can run the car underweight or overtuned engine to run a handful of quick laps, put on super sticky tyres etc. etc. to get a good one lap time.

I would rather the sites report the best average lap for the day taking into account their long runs to see has "consistent pace", rather than a one lap wonder.

good point hollywood! but i'd like to think that Team Mclaren goes beyond one lap wonders. I think they're too "mature" for that. So for kimi to come up with a lap like that just comes as a bonus, but surely i don't think their goal that day was to come up with JUST a fast lap. I don't know... but Kimi put in pretty good runs in Valencia... probably that's just me. Let's just wait and see right? :cheers:

I think it's safe to say McLaren-Mercedes have certainly improved over their early winter testing form, but will it be enough to challenge for victories right away, I'm not sure, but they seem much quicker, and more reliable which is good for all McLaren fans.