Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

"He's A World Champion And That Doesn't Happen By Chance"

http://www.jacquesvilleneuve.com/news/story_9848.shtml

_2.jpg

Mansell & Symonds Back JV To Shine

Former F1 World Champion Nigel Mansell has backed Jacques to be one of the surprises of the 2006 season.

There have been encouraging signs from JV and BMW-Sauber in winter testing, and Mansell reckons that the French/Canadian could figure strongly in the forthcoming campaign.

"I believe he can still be super-quick. If the team get behind him and Jacques commits himself to the programme, he could surprise a lot of people," Mansell said.

Also speaking in F1-Racing magazine's 2006 preview, the Englishman's sentiments were echoed by Renault Technical Director Pat Symonds who worked with JV briefly at the culmination of the 2004 campaign.

"In those three races for us, he proved to be a very different person from what I'd expected," Symonds explained. "I expected a grungy mind with the grungy look, but instead I found an intelligent guy who works hard. I have a lot of respect for him. He’s shown a lot of tenacity recently. He's clung onto his BMW drive, some people might say against the odds; so I really hope he can pull it back. He's a world champion and that doesn't happen by chance."

I sure hope he gets a good car to finish his career in. I also think it says something, when all the guys who have worked with JV say nothing but good about him.

That to me says more then any F1 press clipping.

I sure hope he gets a good car to finish his career in. I also think it says something, when all the guys who have worked with JV say nothing but good about him.

That to me says more then any F1 press clipping.

i would also like to point out that this week at the Cdc he was the one testing the new mechanical setup(dampers etc..) and not Nick,obviously his experience ,over the last decade ,working with the best people at Wolliams-renault,bridgestone etc.. etc... counts for something valuable,and the Bmw-Sauber team do recognise that fact.

Ahem.

He's not a WDC by chance? :blink:

He got into racing on the back of his father's name.

He won in the USA in a series which owes as much to car superiority (or, more accurately, overall team superiority) and luck (ridiculously frequent safety car) as anything else. Look at how all the other recent USA "champs" have faired in F1.....all flops!

He won in F1 when the car he was in was vastly superior to anything else on the grid and when his team mate in the same car was a complete, total and utter plonker with zero drive and ambition.

He got that drive, BTW, because the team owner seems to have a fixation about employing drivers who've won the USA series title. Will Frank Williams never learn?

Evidence of the above? His career since Williams dumped him.

Ever wonder why Williams dumped him? (don't cover it up by saying he left of his own accord). Because he was a trouble maker who was starting to demand even more money for his talentless services!

As for getting along with people and being easy to work with, he must have changed completely since his time at Williams. Anyone else read the accounts of his behaviour and attitude whilst at Williams? Patrick Head spilt some revealing beans after Vilenerve was dumped!

And apart from all the above, just look at the prat, for God's sake!

_2.jpg

At least get a shave and some decent specs, you scuffy, conceited, arrogant, self important, self centered, thick git!

Ready for replies. :boxing:

......as if I give a %*&

_2.jpg

At least get a shave and some decent specs, you scuffy, conceited, arrogant, self important, self centered, thick git!

Ready for replies, as if I give a %*&

Ahem.

He's not a WDC by chance? :blink:

He got into racing on the back of his father's name.

He won in the USA in a series which owes as much to car superiority (or, more accurately, overall team superiority) and luck (ridiculously frequent safety car) as anything else. Look at how all the other recent USA "champs" have faired in F1.....all flops!

He won in F1 when the car he was in was vastly superior to anything else on the grid and when his team mate in the same car was a complete, total and utter plonker with zero drive and ambition.

He got that drive, BTW, because the team owner seems to have a fixation about employing drivers who've won the USA series title. Will Frank Williams never learn?

Ever wonder why Williams dumped him? (don't cover it up by saying he left of his own accord). Because he was a trouble maker who was starting to demand even more money for his talentless services!

As for getting along with people and being easy to work with, he must have changed completely since his time at Williams. Anyone else read the accounts of his behaviour and attitude whilst at Williams? Patrick Head spilt some revealing beans after Vilenerve was dumped!

And apart from all the above, just look at the prat, for God's sake!

_2.jpg

Ready for replies. :boxing:

......as if I give a %*&

No need to reply to that. You are obviously an antagonist, and from some of you remarks, I would gather know little about racing. Anybody who thinks you can win a series championship in spec cars, and then become a WDC in F1 with no talent, cheapens the sport to such a degree that it minimizes the accomplishments of all who participate in that sport.

Your post speaks loudly and it says as much about yourself as it does Villeneuve.

Good one.

Redlines words are the equal in craziness to the subjective mush from the JVians in this thread.

Has Mansell swallowed a happy pill? First kind words about Button, now Villeneuve. He's not trying to PR himself as he undetakes a full masters season is he? I hope the moany old twat has trouble fitting in his car again.

Doen`t happen by chance ? Right !!!

It were a very hard task for the Williams team (over 100 members),

to make such a perfect cars as in both 92 and 97.

But for NM and JV it was a very good _chance_, as they have NO more any other titles...

92 and 97 WDCs are mostly won by Williams not drivers =)

92 and 97 WDCs are mostly won by Williams not drivers =)

you can say "By renault engines" as well mr. Kup...

Great post Senna, and I agree with you on the glasses, they're shocking!

Very pleased to see some positive words spoken about Jacques. I think the words of Pat Symonds should put to bed the myths that 'JV is difficult to work with', 'JV has a low work ethic' etc.

I'm going to respond to Redline in the (vain) hope of trying to talk some sense into him

Look at how all the other recent USA "champs" have faired in F1.....all flops!
further proving just how good JV is/was.

So did Schumacher and many others, if you're going to criticise JV for that, then have the balls to criticise the others too.

Wrong, Jacques Villeneuve was the first from CART Sir Frank signed. JV must have impressed him if he went on to sign two more from there, and it's not JV's fault Zanardi flopped whilst JPM is doing a respectable job.

Williams offered JV a contract for 1999, which JV refused. Williams then offered another one for 2000.

Because he was a trouble maker who was starting to demand even more money for his talentless services!
Prove he was trouble. Don't give me the 'he didn't listen to Patrick Head's setup ideas', look what they did for HHF. If he was talentless, HHF would have smashed him. JV has just as many stories at PH said, they both rubbed each other up the wrong way come the end.

...and out the door goes what very little credibility you had left with that comment.

Tell you what, we'll let Vilenerve's points tally at the end of the 2006 season speak for itself.

Assuming he scores any points at all, we'll also compare his tally relative to his team mate(s).

If I could be bothered, I'd even list all his excuses for failure. The problem with that is I'd have to listen to or read what he says and there's no way I'm enduring that!

I can't wait to rub all your noses in it at the end of 2006! :rolleyes:

Tell you what, we'll let Vilenerve's points tally at the end of the 2006 season speak for itself.

Assuming he scores any points at all, we'll also compare his tally relative to his team mate(s

No problem
I can't wait to rub all your noses in it at the end of 2006!

The feeling is mutual.

Hey, there's no need to be that insulting! :(

;):)

Okay, how about Patrick in disguise?

What's the old saying about a shoe and its fit........

All I know is my shoe size is large.

What's the old saying about shoe size and wedding tackle size? Large shoe = large tackle. I can only give my input.....it's true! :naughty:

Patrick who, Mr dribbles? Please be clearer! :rolleyes:

Redlines words are the equal in craziness to the subjective mush from the JVians in this thread.

Has Mansell swallowed a happy pill? First kind words about Button, now Villeneuve. He's not trying to PR himself as he undetakes a full masters season is he? I hope the moany old twat has trouble fitting in his car again.

Yes, good post Redline. We need some counterweight to the JV PR team employed on this forum. I think dribbler may be onto something with NM's change of heart recently. Perhaps now he's racing again himself he knows he's open to attack himself.

What's the old saying about a shoe and its fit........ :lol:

I can't remember, Sir. What is it Mr Pollock?