Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Alonso Delighted Ferrari Wasted Time On Rossi

Alonso delighted Ferrari wasted time on Rossi

PF1

Fernando Alonso was delighted when Ferrari wasted precious time during recent test programmes by letting MotoGP Champion Valentino Rossi drive one of the cars.

According to the reigning F1 Champion, Rossi has yet to show any real potential in a F1 car, which meant Ferrari failed to benefit from having him testing.

However, the Spaniard does admit that Rossi's involvement does generate added interest in Formula One.

"I'm glad Rossi has tested with Ferrari because that means they have lost valuable time preparing their cars," said Alonso.

"Let him come and drive - it will be good because there will be more media attention."

But Alonso isn't so sure a permanent swap to Formula One would be good for Rossi.

"Until we see him race we won't know his true potential, but it will be very difficult for him.

"He might even get on the podium but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given a bit of time to practise."

Generally when people talk like this, it's because they feel threatened. Just worry about what your doing Alonso, your the Champ!! I Think Rossi would do OK

I think Alonso should worry bout himself at this point, reignin champs have enough pressure on them to perform good the following year

I think Rossi should take up challenge and offer Alonso change of seats :P I really want to see how Alonso would reach podium in Moto GP :P In other words Alonso i think is just jealous of attention Rossi gets.

I agree with you Karta.

"He might even get on the podium but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given a bit of time to practise."

As if mate!

Thats the picture I get when I imagine Alonso on a bike. I dont think its going to happen for alonso on bikes imo :P . (sorry for such an amatuer drawing lol)

OK, that does it.

I rated Alibongo just below Kimi Raikkonen when he first came to the fore, but there were glimpses of a possibly conceited pr@t now and then. i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Since winning the WDC he's become an arrogant, opinionated, conceited c&^t.

I hope he has a truly miserable season in 2006. :angry:

I'm wondering why this even deserves a thread? What is so newsworthy about a flippant, off the cuff remark like that? (If he was serious, which I very much doubt, then he's in danger of believing his own publicity.)

I'm wondering why this even deserves a thread? What is so newsworthy about a flippant, off the cuff remark like that?
preach monza,preach

I think I need a holiday. Very soon.

It just gets irksome watching people reading things that just aren't there, and then spinning it into a thread. No offence meant to anyone, just my opinion.

It may not be Alonso's business but he is right.

Ferrari should have kept this joke in the off season.

I feel MS also initially remarked something similar filled with sarcasm.

Because Alonso is the reigning champion, he will be bombarded by media with question ranging from A to Z and if he sincerely and honestly answers it is going to hurt lot of people!

Alonso cannot be blamed!

Weehey :YaY: not bad lol

It is a pass, yes, but I know you can do better. Much better. Perhaps Jack has been distracting you; he is after all a very verbose individual...

I might have to alter my seating plan.

It may not be Alonso's business but he is right.

Ferrari should have kept this joke in the off season.

I feel MS also initially remarked something similar filled with sarcasm.

Because Alonso is the reigning champion, he will be bombarded by media with question ranging from A to Z and if he sincerely and honestly answers it is going to hurt lot of people!

Alonso speaks too much but he

indeed kiko. Cant believe this, noy only ae most of u against JB, but now also alonso, my two fave drivers :angry:

I'm not sure about the fiery reaction and I'm certainly not sure he speaks the truth. His chances of perfoming well on a Moto GP bike are far less then that of Rossi competing in F1. I like Alonso I think his comment is a bit silly. I really like Rossi as well, he is one of my favorite sporting personalities, there are a few as charasmatic as Mr Rossi.

Yeah i agree with you...

I mean he

Ohhh... another one who is going to suffer this year :naughty:

Yes!!!