Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kingly

Toyota F1 Entrance

Well now Toyota have 'officialy' launched their F1 car and named their drivers I wonder how people will think they will go in 2002?

Their driver choice...Well McNish aint no spring chicken an either is Salo, but at least Salo has proven himself on the track and proved he could blow Irvine away when Schuey had his broken leg...McNish? i have never seen him driver so i cant make comment...

The car?  Looked kinda 2000ish to me...

How will they go in 2002?  Well given they have the whole 2001 season to develop their car, I would have to say if I dont see them running in the upper midfield in 2002 I will be very surprised, however, I do not expect them to be able to compete with Ferrari or McLaren ever or Jordan, BAR or Williams consitanlty....but then again they have opend a can of whoopass in Rally so I guess anything coming out of the Toyota stable has a great chance of being good....

what do you think?

no one has an opinion on Toyota's F1 entry?

I thought everyone would have one as its pretty exciting for the sport IMO.

hey F1 freaks :)

Well.. as u said earlier... toyota will never be on top (that's my modest opinion) but they'll be in the middle of the pack like sauber, arrows, benetton.. but i think, when they will failed to reach the top, they will leave the F1 or

they will sell the team to another constructor.. that's how i think about Toyota.. maybe they will surprise us all.. maybe not.. maybe they'll be like BAR in 99 .. who knows..

Take care

I think 2002 will be their warmup year and with Salo helping with development they will surely be running with Arrows and Prost's in the midfield. They will not be better than Sauber since they are developing well (look at Australia!)

I think that eventually, with the people and facilities and money they have, they will be running with Williams by 2004 latest, and sometimes in 2003. Tyres will matter. I think that by their fourth or fifth season (2004-2005) they will be able to run wil McLaren and Ferrari.

Call me EXTREMELY crazy, but I think with their past success in motorsport that they will be able to evolve into F1 well and perform. Also when new experienced people come in they will improve and Salo will be a great driver to have due to his experience.

Hey

Well.. do you think Williams will be in the high middle of the pack in 2003? :) i don't think so ;)

Toyota have a rich motorsport history.. they're always very high but i think not the top team.. look at rally.. they're were #### fast with Celica's but those times slippered away.. with Corolla they were not as fast as they used to be..

but i think if they'll be enough time in F1 they'll come very near to the top.. call me crazy but i think they're not the winning team.. or are they?

if they will be champs they will be in 2005 .. those are my predictions..

Take Care

didnt toyota leave rally on top of the sport?

I dont really follow rally so I cant be sure, but I think they did?

And I reckon Williams will be fighting in the top 3 in 2002 let alone 2003!  :shocked:

Hey Kingly,

:)

I didn't and still don't know enuff about toyota to know how they will do, which is why i didn't respond earlier.

All i know is that their street cars aren't too good.

[shrug]

sorry, no information available here. :(

Williams may be fighting for no. 2 this year, I feel, or at least that 100-point gap from '00 will be severely diminished.....with the best engine in the field, I expect Williams to be fighting for championships in the next year or two - the Williams boys are never far from the action...if they are - worry...

i totally agree with SamB! just one comparasation..

McLaren was devastated in 1992 when they've lost the HONDA, they needed 5 year to get on top again, Williams needed around 3-4 years to get on top again, and maybe here u can see who's the better team.. (i mean no disrespect for McLaren & Ferrari, they're both helluwa team, but in terms of coming back to winning ways i think williams is the fastest..)

Take care