Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

The Official Gp2 Thread

I'd like to start an official Gp2 thread in which I'll post every news from testing and races so I think this thread should be pinned....

Now we can start with the first day of testing of the new year at Le Castellet today,22 february 2006,where rookie Lewis Hamilton has broken the lap record set by Heikki Kovalainen by one tenth of a second

at Le Castellet today...rookie Lewis Hamilton has broken the lap record set by Heikki Kovalainen by one tenth of a second

Good start for Lewis...

Here are the results from the 2nd testing day at Le Castellet. Nelsinho Piquet was quickest today,ahead of Hamilton,but his time was still slower than the record set by Hamilton himself yesterday.Rookie Andreas Zuber impressed with the 3rd fastest time in Trident Racing's only 2nd official Gp2 outing.

1 - Nelson Piquet - Piquet - 1'13"068 - 31 giri

2 - Lewis Hamilton - ART - 1'13"179 - 37

3 - Andreas Zuber - Trident - 1'13"276 - 32

4 - Jos

Looks like a great mix of talented youngsters and some experienced racers.

LEWIS HAMILTON TOPS TUESDAY MORNING FREE PRACTICE SESSION IN VALENCIA

Rookie Lewis Hamilton (ART), went out for a flying start to his Gp2 campaign while topping the timesheets for the first Free practice session at the Valencia circuit yesterday morning, being nearly 4 tenths of a second quicker than his nearest rival Nelson Angelo Piquet,again on track with his family team.Another poor performance from experienced british Adam Carroll,who finished 23rd even behind 18 years old rookie teammate Javier Villa.

1 - Lewis Hamilton - ART - 1'18"625 - 28

2 - Nelson Piquet - Piquet - 1'19"012 - 41

3 - Jos

8-4-2006 ROUND 1 VALENCIA QUALIFYING

NELSON ANGELO PIQUET SCORES FIRST POLE OF THE SEASON

With three minutes to go into the first qualifying session of the season,Nelson Angelo Piquet was successful in beating rookies Tristan Gommendy (iSport) and Lewis Hamilton (ART) for the pole with a lap nearly half a second quicker than evryone else.Timo Glock (BCN) struggled all the session and just did set the 23rd fastest time

1. fila

Nelson Piquet - Piquet - 1'17"886

Tristan Gommendy - iSport - 1'18"360

2. fila

Lewis Hamilton - ART - 1'18"400

Adrian Valles - Campos - 1'18"551

3. fila

Ernesto Viso - iSport - 1'18"623

Jos

Oh MAN, what on earth happened to Premat during that race? He could have had 2nd from Hamilton :( Was it his breaks or what? :( :( :( This saddens me, especially since he got 9th so no pole start for him

VALENCIA ROUND 1 RACE 1 8-4-2006

PIQUET WINS SEASON OPENER

Nelsinho Piquet led from the start to the flag the first race in Valencia,taking the first win of the season in dominant style.Second was rookie Lewis Hamilton who did a bad start and dropped to 7th on the first lap,but then made an impressive repair to finish only 1.6 s behind the race winner.Third has finished another rookie,Adrian Valles (Campos) who did drive a great race,edging out veterans Nicolas Lapierre and Jose Maria Lopez by ten seconds.Also a good showing from geman Michael Ammermuller,who last raced in a F.Renault 2.0 and has taken an impressive 7th on debut race.

1 PIQUET Piquet Sports 45 1:03:15.360

2 HAMILTON ART Grand Prix 45 +16.665

3 VALLES Campos Racing 45 +19.490

4 LAPIERRE Arden International 45 +31.309

5 LOPEZ Super Nova International 45 +33.526

6 BRUNI Trident Racing 45 +33.994

7 AMMERMULLER Arden International 45 +35.387

8 VISO iSport International 45 +48.275

9 PREMAT ART Grand Prix 45 +53.028

10 PLA DPR Direxiv 45 +59.040

11 PERERA Dams 45 +65.229

12 MONFARDINI Dams 45 +71.427

13 NEGRAO Piquet Sports 45 +71.719

14 CARROLL Racing Engineering 45 +74.261

15 FAUZY Super Nova International 44 1 LAP

16 GLOCK BCN Competicion 44 1 LAP

17 DI GRASSI Durango 44 1 LAP

18 VILLA Racing Engineering 42 3 LAPS

Not

Classified

YOSHIMOTO BCN Competicion 27 DNF

ZUBER Trident Racing 23 DNF

FILIPPI FMS International 15 DNF

PORTEIRO Campos Racing 7 DNF

HERNANDEZ Durango 4 DNF

GOMMENDY iSport International 2 DNF

PICCIONE DPR Direxiv 1 DNF

TAHINCI FMS International 0 DNF

FL LAPIERRE Arden International 1:22.168

VALENCIA ROUND 1 RACE 2 9-4-2006

ROOKIE AMMERMULLER CLAIMS VICTORY!!!

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner will be delighted since his GP2 team Arden has caught the eyes at the 2nd race in Valencia,with 20 years old german rookie Michael Ammermuller taking a dominant win despite coming straight from F.Renault 2.0!!!He edged out Ernesto Viso and teammate Nicolas Lapierre while championship leader Nelsinho Piquet came home fourth.The other "super rookie" Lewis Hamilton had another faulty start, probably due to clutch problems,but ended up 6th after some breathtaking overtaking moves and is now 2nd in the championship confirming that both him and Piquet are the two drivers likely to fight for the title this year.Adam Carrol had a spectacular crash after colliding with Adrian Valles,but ,despite some loopings in the air he luckily emerged unhurt.

RESULTS TO FOLLOW

just watched the highlights today of the GP2 race at Imola - i wish it got more coverage here as i thoroughly enjoy watching it

for a track that everyone says is really hard to overtake on their was some brilliant overtaking moves especially by Piquet Jnr - some serious crashes too - lewis hamilton jumped the start & then overtook the pace car :o;)

where has Kovalinen (probably spelt all wrong) gone too?????

would love to see Adam Carroll get a race seat in F1 but unfortunately there seems to be too many others looking better in front of him :(

I don't think Kovalainen is racing this year. I think he's concentrating solely on testing for Renault.

I don't think Kovalainen is racing this year. I think he's concentrating solely on testing for Renault.

i know that makes sense but i think its a pity - i loved watching him racing in GP2 - would like to see him getting a race seat in F1 so hopefully maybe next year

as for GP2 i think its a brilliant series- theres always loads of overtaking - some brilliant moves & i think its better that theres so many cars in it

its on ITV on a Saturday -its just the highlight show (i think) my memory is fading slowly!!!

the actual race might be on SKY if you have that - but if not keep an eye out for ITV - well worth watching - i love it :thbup:

its on ITV on a Saturday -its just the highlight show (i think) my memory is fading slowly!!!

the actual race might be on SKY if you have that - but if not keep an eye out for ITV - well worth watching - i love it :thbup:

I know that when F3000 was on it was always shown a week after the race took place, but havent noticed any coverage this year. I'd like to watch it, although may have to fight the wife in order to do so

Hamilton does 'Ring double.

Lewis Hamilton became only the second driver to do a GP2 race weekend double after taking victory in the Sunday sprint race at the Nurburgring from eighth on the grid.

Having dominated Saturday's feature, despite incurring a pit-lane penalty, the Briton had to work a little harder for his second series win, but pulled off a string of passing moves to work his way to the front, assuming control from BCN's Hiroki Yoshimoto on lap 17 of 24.

Hamilton was helped by the fact that two cars ahead of him on the grid - Ernesto Viso and ART team-mate Alex Premat - were among half a dozen that stalled on the warm-up lap, removing two potential obstacles from his path, but there appeared to be few who could live with a hooked-up ART Dallara and a driver clearly at home on a circuit he knows well and with a new attitude about him after missing out at Imola. Race one had obviously boosted his confidence, and Hamilton was in a class of his own again on Sunday.

Adam Carroll came 3rd :clap3:

When is GP2 on tv in UK and what channel?

highlights of this weekends race are on ITV next Saturday after Quali

Poor Brits we in the States already saw the race this am before the GP...............