Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ben_3001

10 Days Left!

Allright we finaly hit the 10 day mark as to when the first cars will start turning around the Bahrain circuit! Had to vent out my excitement! :naughty:

That is all. Discuss :

I can't wait my self... Looking forward to the new season...

surely going to be the best season i've ever seen (thats 1998 onwards) - all teams look like they've got it right, except mclaren and red bull

surely going to be the best season i've ever seen (thats 1998 onwards) - all teams look like they've got it right, except mclaren and red bull

Don't believe the hype.................................

ok well i'm mainly excited cos it looks like honda are much better prepared this year than they were in 2005, they're going fast and reliable, and Button is faster than Rubens in nearly all test sessions. I know its only testing but I'm DESPERATE for JB to start winning so all the doubters will shut up

excited abt this season..hope there shud be no clean sweep by RED...hope to see Jb fighting to top places..initial few races will be tougher for mclaren..i guess...waiting to see PPP link start again.....

:D ....and desperate you shall remain.................

Allright we finaly hit the 10 day mark as to when the first cars will start turning around the Bahrain circuit! Had to vent out my excitement! :naughty:

That is all. Discuss :

Fabulous!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :banana::kicking::honda:

I cant belive it is only 10 day till the new season. It has gone so quick since the end of last season. I cant wait now to see those lights go out and the season start. :clap3:

I cant belive it is only 10 day till the new season. It has gone so quick since the end of last season. I cant wait now to see those lights go out and the season start. :clap3:

I await the forthcoming season with much jubilation as well, young hobbit.

I'm horibly sorry guys! I might have jumped the gun on this one! :( It is actually 11 days left! 10 Days to Go will be tomorow! There is then 11 days to go to first laps around Bahrain circuit and 13 till race day! Once again very sorry :(

Right now, I'm very excited. Expecting a good year for F1 in general for for JV specifically. Come mid next week I think my excitedness will be overtaken by some nervousness and then the butterflies will really be going nuts in the stomach come race weekend. There is so much on the line for so many drivers this year.

I know its only testing but I'm DESPERATE for JB to start winning so all the doubters will shut up

Winning in the best or second best car isnt a great achievement. Half the feild have won at least one race. The test of a true champion is someone who can win slow cars. Unforunatly drivers like that are few and far between. I know Jenson isnt truly great because he was in the second best car and still didnt manage a win. Even drivers like DC (who alot of people say is a inferior driver to JB) has won races in substandard cars (Australian and Italian GP's in 1997). That car came 4th in the constuctors championship and yet DC still managed to get 2 wins. Jenson on the other hand had the second best car in 2004 and he didnt even get one win.

So Olivier Panis was a great driver? Or Vittorio Brambilla? Or any other one hit wonder?

It has gone so quick since the end of last season.

What do u mean! It seems like forever, its been so slow!!

Winning in the best or second best car its a great achievement. Half the feild have won at least one race. The test of a true champion is someone who can win slow cars. Unforunatly drivers like that are few and far between. I know Jenson isnt truly great because he was in the second best car and still didnt manage a win. Even drivers like DC (who alot of people say is a inferior driver to JB) has won races in substandard cars (Australian and Italian GP's in 1997). That car came 4th in the constuctors championship and yet DC still managed to get 2 wins. Jenson on the other hand had the second best car in 2004 and he didnt even get one win.

You're an idiot. We discussed this at great length last year. Go and watch a review of the 2004 season so that you can get your facts straight before spouting horse-crap

So Olivier Panis was a great driver? Or Vittorio Brambilla? Or any other one hit wonder?

I said it was a mark of a great driver. There are plenty of one hit wonders racing at the moment where they just got lucky one race but the mark of a champion is someone who can win in cars that arnt the best. It is easy for a driver to get into the best car and instantly become successful (which would explain how RB managed to win anything) but the difficult task is to win in a substandard car like Senna did and so many other of the greats. I personally think that if a driver isnt good enough to win one race in the second best car on the grid then they dont deserve to be world champion, a truly great driver (potential world champion) would have won at least one race in the BAR 006.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one, my friend. At least not without some more information ie what are you basing your argument on? By that I mean what opportunities did Button have, but squander when the win was there for the taking? As Jem says, we've done this to death a dozen times before but I'd just like to know your reasoning.

Incidentally, Brambilla just outdrove everyone on the circuit for his win, in a car that was no more than 3rd or 4th best on the grid. That wasn't luck, but he was not a great driver either, by any means, which sort of muddies your argument.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one, my friend. At least not without some more information ie what are you basing your argument on? By that I mean what opportunities did Button have, but squander when the win was there for the taking? As Jem says, we've done this to death a dozen times before but I'd just like to know your reasoning.

Incidentally, Brambilla just outdrove everyone on the circuit for his win, in a car that was no more than 3rd or 4th best on the grid. That wasn't luck, but he was not a great driver either, by any means, which sort of muddies your argument.

I'm saying that truly great drivers can/will win in cars that are 3rd or 4th best and if they cant then they dont deserve to be a world champion. I know normal drivers can occasionally win races in substandard cars but i believe that a truly great driver SHOULD beable to win in the 3rd or 4th best car. Jenson had the second best car in 2004 and alot of you say that he didnt get the opportunity to win but in my opinion a great driver makes his own opportunities to win races.

Ok, I understand what you're saying now, but surely that rules out most World Champions from your list of great drivers? And of course there have been great drivers who never won a race, let alone a championship.

BTW, I'm not saying that JB never had the opportunity to win, or that he did have the opportunity. I'm trying to take an entirely neutral stance here.

I'd like to continue this discussion, but unfortunately I have to go and do some work. :(

Winning in the best or second best car isnt a great achievement. Half the feild have won at least one race. The test of a true champion is someone who can win slow cars. Unforunatly drivers like that are few and far between. I know Jenson isnt truly great because he was in the second best car and still didnt manage a win. Even drivers like DC (who alot of people say is a inferior driver to JB) has won races in substandard cars (Australian and Italian GP's in 1997). That car came 4th in the constuctors championship and yet DC still managed to get 2 wins. Jenson on the other hand had the second best car in 2004 and he didnt even get one win.

I refer you to an earlier post of mine:

Mansell ykickamoocow is talking rubbish,

Jenson hasn